“Love it”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed 20 January 2012

During my 4 days stay in BKK I ate there 3 times. Their ramen are delicious! Ask for small bowl if you aren't a big eater.

Reviewed 17 August 2011

I ordered Tan Tan Men (thick sesame seed soup). The soup tasted very good with the sweetness taste of sesame set the major tone in the flavor. The smell of the grounded-sesame in the soup made this dish a special one.

The noodle texture is okay (not the homemade style that I like) with yellow color makes them looks like egg noodles. Normally I preferred typical ramen noodle made with Kansui (with pale yellow color and softer/stickier texture).

And I always love those Negi Leeks that give a touch of spice in the dish.

The shop also offer Tonkotsu ramen on the menu, but I doubt it will beat Tonkotsu of Chabuton (Central World) or Bankara ramen (Sukhumvit 39) so I would recommend to stick with Tan Tan men.

The place is nice and clean, albeit a bit tight upstair.

Service is great.

Reviewed 3 February 2010

Trust me! I have never been to any of the Japanese restaurants in the world, except Japan itself, where it serves such great food here in this restaurant. Waitress service is excellent and my top favourite food there are:

- Tan tan mien
- Gyoza
- Clams
- Skinny fish

Even my japanese friends commented that this restaurant has the nearest taste of the original Japanese food standard back in Japan. You will notice lots of Japanese men go there for dinner after work.

I would highly recommend you to be there to try it out yourself...

Say hello to the waitress there and do quote my name: Derek Wong (from Malaysia)...
email: fwwong@hotmail.com

1  Thank DerekWong
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 October 2008

Best homemade Japanese! Very affordable yet very delicious!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Bangkok
Reviewed 29 January 2008

Tan Tan Men is ramen with sesami soup. It's really nice and spicy. You should go try. The menu here has great variety too.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook