Aruntara Riverside Boutique Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$119
US$99
Agoda.com
Yaang Come Village(Chiang Mai)
US$121
US$131
US$120
  • Breakfast included
US$51
Bodhi Serene Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$155
US$128
US$159
US$66
Agoda.com
All reviewswhite elephantelephant suitetuk tukping rivermodern thai stylenight marketold cityriver viewthe security guardsmall poolday bedan oasisfree shuttlequiet locationwonderful hotelbreakfast was includedtucked away
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We stayed at Aruntara for 6 nights, and were very happy with our stay.
Like others have mentioned, when you enter through the doors you feel completely calm and away from the hustle & bustle. We arrived late and had organized a pick up from the airport, all went well with our pick up and then we had an easy check in. (Unfortunately no welcome drink, maybe as it was 11.00pm.) I noticed others that arrived did receive a welcome drink during the day.
Breakfast was sufficient, considering it is a smaller hotel I think the selection was still good, and great coffee. Staff were great in the restaurant as well as reception always showing great service.
We ate one night in the restaurant and it was very good, and no more expensive than in town, and it was better quality.
Hotel is located out of the town, we walked a few times about 20min it took, which is fine but foot paths not the best. Tuk tuk's are always available outside, we paid 50 baht to night bazaar area.
Over all, I would definately recommend this Hotel, we had the elephant suite 211, it was very quiet considering it faces the road, the room has double glazing windows. Bathroom great, spa bath, plenty of room and comfy bed, firm but we prefer that.
Thank you Aruntara, for a great stay in Chiang Mai!

Room Tip: If you want more room, with a small family, elephant suite was great gave us some extra space.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Alyson H
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Gorgeous and extremely comfortable hotel. Great location and although a little too quiet for my liking (it is a boutique hotel so I guess that's to be expected), the accommodations made up for a slightly empty hotel. Very modern and beautiful layout in the rooms and the bath products provided smelled heavenly. They also offer the, for sale downstairs.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I booked this boutique hotel because the previous reviewers said it was quiet and they were dead on the money. Speaking of money, we got the place at a half price rate on their website special. I'm reviewing it as such. If you're looking at the full price rate, it may be worth seriously considering what you want in your stay and shopping around.

We stayed in the White Elephant Suite on the third floor for 8 days and I can honestly say noise was not a problem once even though the hotel is situated next to a busy road and local housing with the usual roosters and dogs.

The view of the Ping River was nice, as were the hotel grounds. Our suite was a comfortable size, the usual hotel room and the balcony was generous. The beds are hard. If that's your thing then great, if it's not, you may have a few problems adjusting. Personally I would prefer a harder bed than the more saggy variety I have experienced in high end hotels in the past, the Mandarin Oriental being one of them.

The pool area is small so if you're looking at swimming and lounging during your stay for more than a few hours, I'd suggest somewhere else. That said, it is quite lovely to swim in the small nature of the hotel means that you are never surrounded by too many people when you swim, if any. (I should note we visited in July)

Although the hotel information states that it is 15 minutes out of the old city, we managed to easily make it there in under ten every day via tuk tuk. The staff were brilliant, really helpful from reception to the spa which was surprisingly good.

Breakfast was small but well done with all the usual suspects, cereal, croissants, noodles or fried rice, fruit and bacon, eggs or an omelette on offer. Overall I was satisfied. It's not as good as some but still well done and, let's face it, you're in Chiang Mai, you don't want to fill up on breakfast, you want to eat out as much as possible.

My only main two criticisms are the restaurant during the rest of the day. We were really uninspired by the food. It's seriously much better to leave the hotel and go into the city where there are so many much better options. Also, each table features flower arrangements which were left to die slowly over the course of the eight days we were there instead of being replaced. A tiny thing but worth noting if that kind of thing bugs you.

All in all, if you're looking for a quiet place to relax after touring, eating out and sight seeing, stay here.

Room Tip: Book the White Elephant Suite
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My wife and I absolutely loved this hotel, and I couldn't believe it when I found out later how cheap it had been. Superb value.
The staff are extremely helpful and friendly.
Our room was clean and comfortable, with a modern Thai design. The bed was a bit stiff.
The hotel's location is a little out-of-the-way: it is a 20 minute walk or 5 minute ($3) tuk-tuk ride to get into the old part of town, the markets, etc. We walked a couple of times, and tuk-tuks were always available for other times when we wanted transport.
We only ate there for breakfast - a reasonable selection of cereals, fruits, toasts etc. Eggs were an inexpensive extra, but tasty.
Overall I would say it's just absolutely superb value for the price - something you'd expect to pay $100+ a night for, for much less.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

A great place to stay, great service, staff, accommodation and food. The staff couldn't do enough for you, complementary fruit baskets and even a birthday cake for my husband. Quiet and peaceful, the perfect place to stay. Only a short tuk tuk ride back from the night markets. It spoilt us for our next destination.

Room Tip: We stayed in the elephant suite