“Beautiful escape from the main area”

Aruntara Riverside Boutique Hotel
Ranked #43 of 402 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 29 June 2013

An excellent hotel just a half hours walk/10 minute tuk tuk from the main city. It's worth staying a short ride away from the hussle and bussle to get a truly relaxing experience.

The staff were friendly and attentive, even to the extent of opening every door for you. They were happy to give/find information for you and tried to make our stay as pleasant as possible.

The room was immaculate, which is what I expect of a hotel, but sadly isn't what I've experienced elsewhere in Thailand. The amenities were of a high quality and quantity, they're all also sold in the shop located in the lobby.

The grounds were idyllic and the breakfast varied and tasty. The only bad thing was the cost, unfortunately, it's a little pricy and obviously the surrounding area doesn't have much, so you will spend more on tuk tuks. But if you have the money, I strongly advise you to spend it there!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris P

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Noi, the front desk manager, who answered my query from the day i made the booking thru checked-in and during our stay there has been excellent and very accomodating. She and E ( i hope i got the name right of the chief receptionist) have been so nice and went beyond their duties to make their guests happy and feel special. Just to cite an example, i asked where i could buy the banana fritter since i could not find it on the streets and much to my surprise and delight, a plate was ready for us after we finished our massage! Appreciate the gesture and it is the hotel staff that makes the difference. Our room was big, clean and very comfortable. wifi was weak though inside the room but strong once you step outside. Not much choice for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Anmague
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This was a beautiful hotel, one of the best we stayed in during our trip to Thailand. The restaurant as part of the hotel was good. They had a little trouble with the orders but that was likely a language difference. My only complaint, which is minimal, is that the wifi was not very reliable or fast.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Adam R
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Excellent hotel, gorgeous and not far from downtown. I booked this hotel as a surprise to my girlfriend and she loved it when we arrived.
I have to say thought that we had dinner once in the restaurant and it was expensive and not good, we were the only ones eating, and I had the sense that nobody else ate that night apart from us, so check first if there are more people eating, in order to ensure fresh meals.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

This small hotel is a jewell. Beautifull design which blends modern and traditional thai elements and fully integrates with the beautiful nature surrounding it. Rooms are super nice. Bathroom with nice bath that integrates with the room by a window. The range of personal cleansing products smelled amazingly. Overall room is very comfortable and great bed.
On the common spaces, the garden overlooking the river, with its small hidden swimming pool and nice restaurant (breakfast bufet was good. We only used it once for lunch and it was delicious) were a pleasure to stay and relax.
The location is not central but close enough to the center for my liking. The hotel has complementary bicycles and it is a 10 minutes ride to the centre.
Service in general was amazing. They make you feel like royalty :-)

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We loved this hotel during our stay . Our room was nicely decorated and very cute, also the staff gave me so much satisfactions...the room was always clean and from our balcony i can see the river side, also the free shuttle helping us to go at the night market...
I will return back to the same hotel.. Valerio

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Just got back from a nice long weekend away in Chaing Mai. I had a very nice relaxing stay at Aruntara Hotel. It's a boutique hotel so you get a very personalised service. Staff were very friendly and helped me with booking group tours, spas and organising private tours.

It was very quiet and I hardly saw any people there and at some stage I thought the hotel was vacant but that wasn't the case. I guess it was due to me being out most of the time and not running into many people.
The pool was very small and in the shady area so I didn't bother using it. The hotel is not in the old city area but not far from it either. Just a cab ride away. If you prefer walking around and exploring the center then this hotel may not be ideal.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo