“Good little hotel”

Ranked #108 of 386 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Poole, England, United Kingdom
“Good little hotel”
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Good location, nice and quiet and spotlessly clean. Helpful staff, good buffet breakfast. I would stay here again, no question.Very handy for the night bazaar and only 15 minutes or so to the old town. Thoroughly enjoyed Chiang Mai as a destination... hope to be back one day.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brian B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Hua Hin, Thailand
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This was our third visit to this friendly hotel in the midst of Arnusan Night Market. Location, location, location and a great stay as well. The rooms are not too large but you will only be in it for sleeping. The action, once you have returned from your day trip, is right outside the front door and all around you. Massages across the road and all over Arnusan; there are restaurants for many tastes, coffee and teashops. And of course the night market of Arnusan; spend and drop the goods off at the hotel and start again, right outside the front door.
Peter and Donna

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PeterHuaHin_Thailand
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The Good
*The hotel is well situated between the old town and the river (walking distance to both) and is on the edge of a big night market.
*We enjoyed the new years eve banquet on the street outside the hotel with several local delicacies.
*The girl assisting with booking tours was helpful and the staff did their best to help despite poor English.

The Bad
*I was not aware that I had to choose a double bed (as opposed to twin) when I booked the deluxe room - this meant we had to spend 3 nights of our 6 night stay in a twin bed room despite being a couple and this caused much disappointment and inconvenience.
*I was also emailed by the hotel after making the booking requesting a deposit however I refused to provide one and they still held my booking - indicative that they were being sneaky by requesting the deposit.
*The rooms overlooking the night market are noisy until after midnight and the rooms in general are noisy due to thin walls and doors.
*The 'gym' and 'pool' are basically token offerings presumably to boost their star rating

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Waspy79

Travellers are raving about these Chiang Mai hotels

Mountain Top
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here two separate nights. It was chosen by Thais we were traveling with. The first night we arrived at night, when the bazaar was 'in operation' and it was a nightmare for our driver to try to locate and navigate to the hotel. The room had two single beds and the air conditioner blew directly onto mine. Shower was kind of funky - there was a hot water heater attached, and 3 valves needed to be opened to obtain flow. Never got very hot. Bedspread did not smell washed.
Second night was a much nicer room - no odors for the bedspread. Single bed, ac aimed at a space away from the bed. Water still didn't get hot.
On the plus side, the staff was very helpful and cheerful. Most communicated well in English (thank you). Breakfast ok. Coffee instant.
Be aware, almost every hotel we stayed in, as well as a private residence, involved odors in the bathrooms. I think (hope) perhaps it was the water.
I would have chosen a location away from the market, though. Too touristy an area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

A horrible hotel to stay at. Rooms are over priced, front desk staff have no customer service skills, food taste stale. The only thing redeemable about this hotel was the bellhop who did have better customer service and attitude than the rest of the staff. I would not stay as this hotel unless all other hotels were booked in the area.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore City, null, Singapore
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great location for night shopping and food. Stalls open daily from 6pm till 11plus.
For 2200 baht a night its not worth it. I will stay here again if the room rates is between the range of 1000 to 1200 baht a night.

A bit pricy as compared to nearby guesthouse and hotel. Dont be deceived by the pictures of fitness room and pool. If you are one who need this 2 facilities during your vacation please give this place a BIG miss. Seeing is believing you might even asked for a refund.

( --- )
1. Local Songthaw (mini bus 20 to 40baht for 1) or taxidrivers (100 baht) have difficulty locating this hotel. Do take a namecard from the hotel reception with the "Thai" address. Not easy to get a transport . Need to walk to the main road for cheap transport.
2. Hotel is very calculative and everything seem to be done at a price. On one occasion I requested the reception that I would like to use the hotel phone to call one of the local travel agent. The lady at the reception replied that none of the hotel phones are able to make outgoing calls. Not even the phone at the reception desk. She advised me to use my mobile phone to make the call instead. I find her reply strange because in a case of emergency. None of the hotel staffs are able to call for help. Well this contradicted another advice a day earlier from a nice skinny lady at the reception. She told me I could make out going local calls at 10 baht a minute at the reception. Lastly I got a surprised on the day of my departure. I wanted to checkout late at around 2pm and willingly to pay the extra 300 baht for late checkout. The male staff told me over the phone the hotel is fully booked and need to leave immediately at 12pm. (During my 5 nights there I hardly see more than 3 persons in the only hotel lift). That not all, at 12pm when I wanted to leave the hotel I was told to pay 300 baht for a laundry bag. For your information, the male staff asked this question about the laundry bag before I even reached the reception and handover the room key. This is the first time I was asked to pay for a laundry bag. I have stayed in so many guesthouses , 5 star hotels even famous International hotel chains. None of these lodging had asked me to pay for a laundry bag. This hotel cant even afford to give a complimentary small laundry bag for my smelly clothing.

(+++)
1. Excellent place for local shopping and food. Right in the middle of Anusan Market. Night market starts from 6pm. Typical tourist spot, bargaining is required, cheap local food at the back lane but not at the front.
2. Only two staffs get my attention for great service. The rest of the staffs are just robotic. The 2 staffs are the skinny lady who advised me on where to get cheap transport and the other guy on the afternoon shift 3pm to 12am except Friday.
3. Room is clean and comfortable but not worth 2200 baht.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

this hotel is in great location, I stayed here on my final night in Chiang Mai as I wanted to get a good sleep before traveling again, its directly behind the night bazaar. the rooms were very clean and including a flat screen tv & minibar/fridge. They lost a star as they forgot my wake up call (was catching a flight to Phuket), but woke up anyway so was not a disaster. cannot comment on breakfast as did not have.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo