“Incredible!”
Review of Banilah

Banilah
Ranked #35 of 833 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Stayed there last year, fantastic accommodation, friendly staff, great location. Received a map with local details, interesting tours. They also helped me a lot with transportation, calling cabs as needed. I will definitely come back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

Clean, quite, nice atmosphere and lots of cats to pat. Staff friendly and gave a 10 minute introduction of the area with three maps colour-coded.

5: Value for money
5: Rooms / Atmosphere (including Sleep Quality)
4: Cleanliness
5: Service
4: Location

A/C Double Room (Double bed, AC, fan, private hot/cold shower/toilet, toiletries included, TV, one bed side table, hanging space with coat hangers, mirror, desk, window).
Internet in room. Internet intermittent at times.
Breakfast not included. But coffee shop downstairs at reception.
Room spacious. Very clean except the floor can be dusty. Daily turn down service.

Decent location near many restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 28 April 2013

It was my second time in Chiang Mai. I had been there since i was very young once. I expected my travel there would be great. I found this guest house on the guide book. The price was reasonable, then i chose to stay there just for 1 night first. The reception lady, Dao, was firstly helpful when we arrived. she explained the interesting tourist attractions. i told her i may extend stay tmr i will told her. The next day in the morning , i was about to go out of the guest house to have something to eat , she greet me with smile " Are you going to CHECK OUT??!!!!!!. I don't think it's the appropriate conversation to ask guest by this way. She said it again like she wanted to chased me out of the guest house . the room charge was paid when we arrived. she didn't seem nice like when i checked in . I said i wanted to extend but i couldn't
as the room was fulled she said. Why didn't she told me before.

****i don't think i'm gonna go back there again as the service is INSINCERE. She was nice as she wanted my money i was so disappointed with this. Then, i wasted another day of my vacation to find another place to stay. She ruin my holiday!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Siradada11
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We stayed 3 nights in Banilah guesthouse.
When we arrived in there, they first gave us some maps that near the guesthouse, around the old town district, and told us the location of supermarket, food, north bus station, night markets. They also help us call taxi and book minibus to our destination, and gave us helpful opinions.
The room is clean, the TV with channels a lot, if you want to buy something or ate breakfast is convient, it's not far from guesthouse, but the air-conditioner is a little noisy, the bathroom out of the room is small, let me felt crowded, and easy to wet sanitary paper or clothes after shower.
In the reasonable price I think I can accept the facilities and service in Banilah guesthouse.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eason C
Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend enjoyed our stay at banilah. The location is little out of the old city but in a lively neighbourhood.

The staff helped us perfectly during our stay and helped us booking tours etc.

The rooms were clean but outdated. Free Bikes also. I had some difficulties of sleeping due to the noice coming from the street. Also à.lot of noice coming from students in the appartments.

Nevertheless our stay was pleasant and ok for thé money we paid.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Banilah for 4 nights and the ladies that ran the guesthouse were amazing!! Anything we needed they were able to accommodate. The rooms are fairly basic but had all that we needed and were spacious enough. The location is not in an area frequented by tourists and outside the old city but we had no trouble getting around by tuk tuk or walking. The ladies definitely made this a place we would return to.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Its away from the action of central Chiang Mai and most of the tourists, cozy and quiet...especially during Songkran. I didn't interact much with the staff, but I felt safe, and my room was always clean.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo