PJ's Place
Le Meridien Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$168
US$149
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$125
US$100
Agoda.com
Bodhi Serene Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$139
US$74
US$125
US$107
Agoda.com
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$30
Hotels.com
US$439
US$310
Agoda.com
All reviewsbeautiful guest houseold citylonger staywonderful stayairport pickupexcellent breakfastquiet streettuk tukchang maitoursguesthousecondohaillanelaundrychiangprivacy
Reviewed 30 January 2012

PJ's Place is an absolute tropical oasis! We were met by Jiab who then took us to the guesthouse while pointing out local attractions we might want to visit as we drove along. When we pulled in to the property Peter was standing on the front steps waiting to greet us. It was like coming home to family! As many others have noted the grounds are beautiful and well maintianed by a handsome staff. Breakfast was offered every morning from 8am to 10am and the owners were always available to chat with and give recommendations. This was our first trip to Thailand and we were so comfortable there.

The property was built new in 2005 and it really shows just like new. Many western traditional travel needs are available and they have incorporated this into the entire experience. Jiab is also a licensed tour operator and he took us into the mountains for a tour of the big temple there and also the winter home and gardens for the King and Queen. He is very knowledgable on the history and is a great guide.

One thing that really amazed me though was that we needed to have laundry taken care of and we had a lot having been gone for over a week. While they offer laundry at the guesthouse it would have been expensive considering how much we had. On the morning of our tour Jiab asked us to bring our laundry along and we stopped at a local laundry place to have it done there. Now where in the US, or anyplace for that matter, would ever offer to take you somewhere when they have the same service. He also offered us a ride into Chiang Mai for the Sunday market since he was going shopping and thought we might like to see it.

I have never stayed anywhere in the world that offered the level of personal service and comfort that Peter and Jiab do. we spent slmost three weeks in Thailand going to different places and this is by far my favorite. Chiang Mai is a wonderful city but Peter and Jiab make it special. Many, many thanks!

Room Tip: There are four standard rooms, which we had, and two suites. All are excellent and well kept. You cannot make a bad choice here.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2012

PJ's Place is one of the most pleasant guest houses that I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. My work takes me to many five-star hotels, but none can compare to PJ's Place where the service is so unobtrusive, the management so kind and friendly, and the rooms so clean and spacious. The entire place receives tender, loving care from the management and staff on a daily basis--nothing is neglected, nothing is too small or unimportant to not matter. The small but beautifully designed front garden with its flowing fountains is a perfect example of what I mean. PJ's Place is a tranquil oasis in an otherwise busy world.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Have just stayed for our second time at PJ's Place. It is so nice we couldn't wait to come back. This time we stayed in one of the 2 two storey villas - worth the extra money. Big living room downstairs with toilet, private courtyard & everything you'd expect in a quality guesthouse. Upstairs is another large room with big comfortable bed, large bathroom with bathtub & shower and a balcony. Whole place is very tastefully decorated. Owners & staff couldn't be more helpful & friendly. Definitely the best place I've stayed in Asia & will definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Smilingjeff
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Nothing has changed with this charming B & B since the last time of our visit. It would be hard for this place to get better! Still very high quality for the rack rate. We are continually impressed with the immaculate condition of the rooms and toilets. Eggs as ordered full breakfast still note worthy. This property offers free transfers to and from the airport.

Room Tip: For three or more persons the suites are an excellent value.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Navalator
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I recently stayed at PJ's Place instead of my usual 5 star hotel preference and I was very impressed! Peter and Jiab, the hosts, are extremely warm and inviting, they are very helpful in providing tips and advice, but are also respectful of their guest's privacy. The rooms at PJ's Place are large, bright and airy, spotlessy clean, tastefully decorated and have a wonderful outlook over the beautifully kept garden. Although PJ's place is not in the centre of town, it is in a great location, with good shopping facilities, excellent restaurants, bars etc all within a few minutes walk. I did walk into town from PJ's Place and it was a most enjoyable 40 minute stroll or if you prefer, a cheap Tuk Tuk ride away. The value for money at PJ's is extraordinary - rooms rates include breakfast and airport transfers, mini bar prices are very low, their laundry service is excellent and also very reasonable and of course Peter and Jiab's knowledge of Chang Mai and personal advice and assistance is invaluable. I really wanted to visit an ecologically responsible elephant reserve whilst in Chiang Mai but all the places I contacted were already booked out as it was the new year period. Jiab rang around and got me a reservation to visit the Elephant Nature Park. Jiab arranged it all for me and it was much cheaper than the alternatives that I had planned visiting. I had an excellent time and it was the highlight of my stay in Chiang Mai. Thank you Jiab! The garden at PJ's place is beautiful and there are sunbeds to laze on while reading the papers, or just enjoying the peace and tranquility. I loved my stay at PJ's and it will definitely be my place of choice for my next visit to Chiang Mai. Many thanks P and J!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo