“My third stay and still excellent”
Review of PJ's Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
PJ's Place
Ranked #129 of 757 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
“My third stay and still excellent”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My partner and I love Chiang Mai and this is now our third visit and third stay at PJs Place. I feel at home and relaxed as soon as I walk in, Peter and Jiab are very friendly and welcoming and so are their staff, Pa and Dang. Our room was again always spotless with fresh flowers and the art is beautiful. I have only read one negative review comment and that was about noise from the pool - but there is no pool! Can definitely recommend this guesthouse and will be staying here again.

Room Tip: There are only 4 rooms, large enough for a couple to be comfortable in. There are also 2 suites, sep...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My partner and I enjoyed five quite wonderful nights at PJ's Place in Chiang Mai.

Your hosts are Peter and Jiab. Their small and very private guesthouse is located in a fabulous part of town with some delightful restaurants and classy night spots not too far away.

The guest house is extremely secure and is resort-like more than it is hotel-like. Each morning a delicious breakfast is offered, made all the more special by the attentive staff who take pride in getting to know your preferences quite early in your stay.

Jiab went out of his way to help us make onward travel arrangements by driving us to the bus station in advance of our departure, so we could make secure forward travel arrangements. We were ever so appreciative of his help. Again, it's that personalised service that made all the difference in this hotel. Good local travel advice was also available and they boys would gladly organise days out through their network of associates.

Our room was a split level villa. It was meticulously cleaned each day. Good, heavy curtains and quiet surrounds, ensured a restful sleep.

PJ's was very reasonably priced and considering the level of service that came with it, made it a top-value stay.

DO NOT hesitate to reserve your room at this place. Your hosts and their staff are superb. It was that good I'd go back to Chiang Mai just to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're staying more than a couple of nights consider taking a larger room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Minnesota
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Peter and Jiab have a wonderful place. It's close to the old city and on a quiet soi. They were very helpful with directions and suggestions AND were attentive when one of us got sick. Our room was spotless! I recommend PJ's Place enthusiastically.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jartrob
Almere
Reviewed 22 April 2012

PJ's Place is a sweet delight. Small and personal, with service to match. Jiab and Peter, the owners will do anything to make your stay a memorable one. Tours are available with personal attention to detail. The rooms are immaculate. The wonderfull garden is a gem, the suites even got private gardens. Most definitly a place to return to!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Schmidt N
Pittsfield, MA
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We absolutely loved our stay at PJ's. We were planning on staying there for two nights and extended our stay by another night. Our room was impeccable and highly detailed. The grounds of the resort are beautifully arranged with local plants and flowers and statues and fountains. Jiab was an amazing host and made us feel at home and answered question after question about himself, the history of the hotel and Thailand in general.We spent quite a bit of time talking with both Peter and Jiab. The reception area has numerous books to read and it looked like quite a selection of popular authors and there was also computer for your use if you can't take advantage of the free wifi in your room. Breakfast was included and was excellent. The coffee was hot strong and delicious.The resort is located at the end of a very quiet street and is not a very long walk to a Mall, numerous banks for currency conversion, a quiet gay bar, the bathhouse and numerous restaurants. We booked the Flight of the Gibbons through the resort and really enjoyed it. We also took a day trip to Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep. It wasn't incredibly easy getting to the temple but I found the more money you spend in Thailand the easier things will be for you. We didn't spend much to get there. :-)

PJ's is not the cheapest place to stay in Chaing Mai but I feel like it was exactly what we needed when we needed it half way through our trip to Thailand. I can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim T
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Just had a 3 day stay at PJ's, and it was a great experience beyond my expectations.

Staff: Peter & Jiab are both very friend and helpful in making suggestions for things to do. The two young staff members are also friendly and competent.
Location: It is about 10 minute walk from the walls of the old city. But it is 5 minute walk from a shopping mall and has lots of restaurants and coffee shops near by.
Room: very spacious, exceptionally clean. very comfortable. it is perfect size for one person. for a couple who doesn't mind a bit of coziness, this would work well too.
Breakfast: made to order, with standard English breakfast or other choices such as cereal or omelette, etc... Someone said the breakfast area is closed in the afternoon, but it isn't. It's only closed in the evening. It's a comfortable area to just relax and read.
Garden: Beautiful garden - you'll be surrounded by greens.
Overall: Loved this place. when I come back to Chiangmai, I will definitely stay here again. I'm in CNX for 6 days, so I divided my stay into 2 parts: outside the old city and inside. For someone who really wants to be within the old city and doesn't like walking, you should choose elsewhere. but if you want a calm, peaceful place that is also close to shopping, restaurants, coffee shops, this is a fantastic find.
thank you, Jiab, Peter, Dang and Pha (sorry, I can't spell their names)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This vacation resort, richly detailed with regards to the interior and garden design, was built about 7 years ago and is very centrally located.

My four weeks stay here was in the 2-room-apartment which gave me the advantage of having my own little house for myself.

The daily rate (ca. 70 Euro) includes breakfast and pick-up and drop-off to the nearby airport, as well as free wireless network. This price is quite high by Thai standards and is not necessarily a great bargain by European standards however one receives a discount for extended visits – 20 percent if one stays 4 weeks or more.

This higher price category assures the advantage of cultured guests compared with the more simple Thai guesthouses.

Breakfast is served in a friendly well light room on the ground floor. The owners Peter and Jiab have their private living quarters in the floor above. Two houseboys, who offer friendly and competent service, are engaged on a daily basis. To avoid misunderstandings while placing your breakfast order, these boys make it a point to repeat the orders.

Breakfast is served from 8 to 10 and the boys start to clear the table in the dining area at 10. For those guests who are accustomed, when on holiday, to have breakfast at a later time of the morning, this would be desirable.

For those guests, who have no notebook on their journey, there is an extra PC for checking Mails and surfing located in the breakfast room.

Unfortunately the breakfast area is closed, with absolutely no exceptions allowed, in the early afternoon: The doors to this area are locked.

A guest who was taking a sun bath in the garden, wanted to use the lavatory in the breakfast area and was told that he must use the one located in his own room.

In spite of the restrictive use of the breakfast area there are only good things to say about PJ’s Place: A guesthouse which is outstanding in terms of interior atmosphere and impressive garden design.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo