“Nice boutique hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #66 of 374 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice boutique hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

Spent three nights there, liked the cleanliness and decor, felt like a much more expensive place. Other guests were mostly Thais which was a good sign. Laundry service available just down the road, ask reception for directions. Free WIFI. Location is a bit of a walk to the main road and then it's a bit of a way into town. Breakfast items were all cold, even the fried eggs and some were obviously left over from last nights dinner but there was plenty to eat.

At the airport buy a 120 baht ticket from the taxi desk to any hotel in town, get the drivers phone number for the trip back which should cost 150 baht. The drivers in town are allergic to the meter, use tuk tuks for short journeys and bargain hard, even then you're still paying over the odds.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brisman333

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

it fantastic hotel , we got the room on the roof top floor with the private roof top garden triple bed , the room was so clean and full of amenities . The decoration is very nice , chic and boutique , breakfast is soooooo delicious too and it just only 20 step walk to famous club next soi . so you don't have to worry ho much you get drunk and walked back to room .
Price is reasonable as we 're called to booked and make bargain and we got it ei ei .

Room Tip: pay a bit more to get the best room on the top floor
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2011

I have been at this hotel several times and I feel like the service is getting worse. The room is at great location, very convenient, but noisy surrounding. Not recommended for light sleep person. The lastest I stayed I found that The lamp in my room and telephone are broken. If you wanna book this hotel, check out at travel agency website. It is much cheaper than booking through hotel directly.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

The rooms are beautiful and wifi was always available from our room. The staff were extremely friendly and all spoke fantastic english. Breakfast was OK - but good enough. The loaction is great if you love boutique and funky fashion and jewlery shops as Nimmanhaeminda Road is well known for these things. I must admit that it is a fairly noisy area but the cute and tidy rooms made up for it. Also there is no pool. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
US
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2010

I stayed at Pingnakorn for 8 months in 2009 and I had a really wonderful experience. I stayed in another long-term hotel/apt during my first month in Chiang Mai where the rent was twice that of Pingnakorn and the apt was made of really shoddy materials. When I visited Pingnakorn, I quickly secured a room b/c I was really pleased by the value I was getting for my money. The hotel was warm and inviting as was my room. I was told the owner was an interior designer and you could definitely tell in the decor and quality of the materials - marble floors, tile bathrooms, solid sinks and tub, and comfortable furnishings. I will admit, the nightly noise from the nearby bars was not pleasant at first but after a few nights, I didn't notice it anymore. That is the only complaint I have about my stay. I thoroughly enjoyed the meals from the restaurant downstairs; the cook was always willing to make me a meal off the menu. There were a few staples I enjoyed however, hence the joke from staff about "the usual?". As a long term guest, housekeeping staff visited my apt once a week and they always did a thorough job of cleaning my room. The staff were attentive and kind; there were a few individuals who had excellent English speaking abilities but I still managed to get what I needed from those who spoke very little English. The internet was free which was great since I needed it for work. There were a few instances in which the internet went down but it was always up and running within a few hours. As part of my contract, I paid first and last month's rent on the day I moved in. After that, I just paid at the end of the month when I got my rent and utilities bill. I actually extended my lease for a few more weeks and this was not a problem; the manager gave me a pro-rated monthly rate rather than the daily or weekly rate which saved me money. Overall, my residence at Pingnakorn was great and everything I wanted or needed was quickly accommodated by the staff. I would definitely recommend Pingnakorn to others but perhaps bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper :)

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank ranibella
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2010

I stayed at the 'At Pingnkorn' on Thursday night and experienced loud noises from neighbouring bars at night. The music did not stop until midnight or so. I stayed in a Deluxe room at Baht 1,500 per night (corporate rate), and found that the room is new and clean. Towels, bedsheet, pillows, and duvet are relatively new.

Breakfast is a little bit on thedownside as they left the Thai-American breakfast cold. Selection of food is very limited and I think it's not worth the money when compared to other hotels in Chiang Mai.

The free wireless Internet access and the comfort of the room (apart from loud noises at night) make up for the downsides. If you are the type of person who goes to bed early and are a light sleeper, I suggest that you choose another hotel or use ear plugs.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Samui
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2009

My family and I recently spent four nights at this hotel and I can honestly say that it is one of the finest hotels I have stayed. Clean, friendly and efficient. The breakfast was fantastic, the rooms were spacious and the proximity to the town was excellent. I would thorougly recommend that you choose this hotel - you will not be disappointed.
The owner should be applauded on running such a great hotel - well done.
Mr. Baker (BA Hons) p.g.c.e ph