I booked At Pingnakorn based on reviews from here and Agoda. I should have checked for possible fake reviews (those here with only 1-2 reviews but 5 star rating) more. Overall passable but I'd look for other hotels next time I go to Chianf Mai.
- Tasteful decor.
- Room on level 6 was quite large- like a pseudo 1.5 bedroom unit with x1 large ensuite, and large main bathroom, living room which , instead of sofa, had a single bed with full frame surrounding bed so can hang tasteful light drapes, lots of mirrors- I like mirrors.
- Breakfast is reasonable.
- I borrowed a golf umbrella sized umbrella at no cost.
- Tv has many stations.
- Area is reasonably close to main road eateries, and 7/11's and some shopping centres- Maya, Kad Kaew Thay, and also Chiang Mai Zoo and some Wat's (temples) and hiking trails
- Unlike many reviewers, I did not have much trouble with the WiFi, In fact it was far more reliable than the 3G data from my dtac Thai sim card that I bought from 7/11.
- Lots of powerpoints
- Bedding good.
Not so Good
- When I got there- x4 lights in x3 rooms did not work, only one of two bathrooms had toilet paper, one of the hinges of a kitchen cupboard door was detached, a used towel was left hanging on the hook on back of main bathroom door. I told reception in person 3 times. the night I arrived, the next morning, last night I was there. I saw them write my room number on some paper. Only result was replenishment of toilet paper by housekeeping next day. The towel hanging was only taken away after I placed it in the bathroom sink. On second day I was there, the main bedroom aircon started leaking water. I'd told them twice by then, so I didn't bother saying anything until the end. On second day, they even left their Livia Hand cream tube on living room table. I hope it was theirs, because otherwise a hotel guest got into my room...but nothing stolen so assume was house keeping.
- mosquitos. Much of the building is open, so there are mosquitos galore. Some even got into my room. I must have slapped about 20 during my time there
- The bottom level verandah has almost no lighting- can't see it at night. Bit scary, especially for newbie and some ladies.
- When I first arrived, they asked if I wanted "an upgrade" to their newer hotel. I asked why and they said just want to let people know about it. I said no, and they said they had given me an "upgrade" At Pingnakorn. Seemed somewhat strange.
-Lots of noise outside, like aircon? Also have some noise from overhead airplanes at night, but not many.
- Main bathroom shower area- being in a bathtub meant limited foot placement area. Ensuite had normal floor, but no hot water and could not lift nozzles higher- about 5 foot 6-7.
Worst things for me were the poor condition of the room lights when I got there, complete lack of response (I even showed them photos of the lights and cupboard door), leaking air con(Air con is essential for living in the tropics!) and the mosquitos, especially downstairs at eating area and reception.
Sorry- I know I sound like a whinger. But I really don't think these things were acceptable.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your At Pingnakorn Hotel Chiangmai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.