“Nice stay!!”

At Pingnakorn Hotel Chiangmai
Ranked #83 of 394 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Wonderful hotel and perfect location only one minute walk to Nimman road. The room was spacious, nice and clean with large living area, nice bathroom and kitchen. The garden on the rooftop was so beautiful and I love it. I really enjoyed the breakfast with various selection especially Thai Northern style. Everything was so excellent but reasonable price. Staff should be more friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank JS9424_KK

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Reasonable price, clean room, cozy like home.
Good breakfast, near tourist attraction.
Have to improve curtain to protect sunlight for late wake up people.
Need more car park.
Everything is good for me and worth for my paid.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Nice decor hotel in very convenient location with the great various buffet breakfast!!!

I like the hotel much thought there was a bit trouble during arrival. I got there early morning while room was not ready. I left luggages and was back about 8-9 pm, and met new shift staffs who did not notice i was once there in the morning. Anyway, the problem solved professionally by surprise upgrading my room and laggages were sent. Thanks :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JazZiGirl O
Reviewed 24 June 2014

It s the most fantastic AT PINGNAKORN where the sweet & post modern lanna style it is. They offer for the great breakfast with Lanna Chiangmai style together with western style to wake you up in every nice morning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2014

It is a fine hotel, where you will get a good nights sleep. But, compared to many other hotels I've stayed at in both Thailand and the rest of Asia, it doesn't impress - at all.

Pro's:
- Cheap price for a good room, with a good bed
- No noice
- The people at the reception actually speak some english

Con's:
- The breakfast wasn't that impressive. As a European that is not fund of steamed vegetables and meat in the morning, it was not good
- wifi was very slow and even had half a day without it working
- The location is far from everything I wanted to see. This is 100% my own fault, as I didn't use enough time for research. However, be prepared that the old city + nightlife is 3-5km away
- Many small weird things that combined together annoys a bit:
1) the elevators lands at floors 2.5, 3.5 and so forth, so you still have to use stairs
2) when you arrive they place a drink on the table, but you are never told who it is for (and there are always many people in the reception area, so it could be for anyone)
3) no water+soap every day, as in every other hotel I've stayed at that was cheaper
4) i never found out if they cleaned the room without setting the "service please" sign

Room Tip: Do your research before coming here - it is not in the center of town - bear that in mind
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank LarsHoldgaard
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Nice hotel with good location. Beer Bar, club is very close by. Cool little shop is all around. Staff is nice but the bathroom have some troubles. One of our room had a smell sometime and the other one we can't control the water temperature, if it's not extremely cool or it 's extremely hot.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mookbp
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked At Pingnakorn based on reviews from here and Agoda. I should have checked for possible fake reviews (those here with only 1-2 reviews but 5 star rating) more. Overall passable but I'd look for other hotels next time I go to Chianf Mai.

Good
====

- Tasteful decor.
- Room on level 6 was quite large- like a pseudo 1.5 bedroom unit with x1 large ensuite, and large main bathroom, living room which , instead of sofa, had a single bed with full frame surrounding bed so can hang tasteful light drapes, lots of mirrors- I like mirrors.
- Breakfast is reasonable.
- I borrowed a golf umbrella sized umbrella at no cost.
- Tv has many stations.
- Area is reasonably close to main road eateries, and 7/11's and some shopping centres- Maya, Kad Kaew Thay, and also Chiang Mai Zoo and some Wat's (temples) and hiking trails
- Unlike many reviewers, I did not have much trouble with the WiFi, In fact it was far more reliable than the 3G data from my dtac Thai sim card that I bought from 7/11.
- Lots of powerpoints
- Bedding good.

Not so Good
==========

- When I got there- x4 lights in x3 rooms did not work, only one of two bathrooms had toilet paper, one of the hinges of a kitchen cupboard door was detached, a used towel was left hanging on the hook on back of main bathroom door. I told reception in person 3 times. the night I arrived, the next morning, last night I was there. I saw them write my room number on some paper. Only result was replenishment of toilet paper by housekeeping next day. The towel hanging was only taken away after I placed it in the bathroom sink. On second day I was there, the main bedroom aircon started leaking water. I'd told them twice by then, so I didn't bother saying anything until the end. On second day, they even left their Livia Hand cream tube on living room table. I hope it was theirs, because otherwise a hotel guest got into my room...but nothing stolen so assume was house keeping.

- mosquitos. Much of the building is open, so there are mosquitos galore. Some even got into my room. I must have slapped about 20 during my time there

- The bottom level verandah has almost no lighting- can't see it at night. Bit scary, especially for newbie and some ladies.

- When I first arrived, they asked if I wanted "an upgrade" to their newer hotel. I asked why and they said just want to let people know about it. I said no, and they said they had given me an "upgrade" At Pingnakorn. Seemed somewhat strange.

-Lots of noise outside, like aircon? Also have some noise from overhead airplanes at night, but not many.

- Main bathroom shower area- being in a bathtub meant limited foot placement area. Ensuite had normal floor, but no hot water and could not lift nozzles higher- about 5 foot 6-7.

Worst things for me were the poor condition of the room lights when I got there, complete lack of response (I even showed them photos of the lights and cupboard door), leaking air con(Air con is essential for living in the tropics!) and the mosquitos, especially downstairs at eating area and reception.

Sorry- I know I sound like a whinger. But I really don't think these things were acceptable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo