“Very pleasant, immaculately clean”

Ban wiang Guest House and Apartment
Ranked #352 of 777 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This guest house is in Lonely planet and we think fairly described. Rooms are modest size but great bed, TV with English, good bathroom with lots of hot water. Owner seems very attentive to noise issues so we had very quiet nights. Four floors without elevator but that was about the only minor issue...no biggie especially for the price.

Great modest budget property with a super location just off the East gate of the old city.

Room Tip: The guest house is on a side street with little traffic but if you're light sleeper you may do b...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ban wiang Guest House and Apartment

Reviewed 8 January 2012

We were really happy with our choice to stay at Ban Wiang. The ladies in the office were wonderfully friendly and helpful! Always had a smile and wanted to know how our trip was going. They also wanted to know how our booked adventures had unfolded so they could recommend well to others in future (cooking classes, hikes, ziplining etc). The double room was cheap, clean and comfortable. The shower stood pretty much over the toilet but we found this to be pretty common in SE Asia so get used to it I say! The best thing about staying here really was the location. It's situated just down a side street which literally has everything u need on it! A massage parlour, a cafe (OMG Angel's Cafe, so good!) a laundry lady, a cooking school... We frequented all of these while we were there and got to know everyone quite well. Everyone was always friendly and happy to see us and made us feel really welcome and warm.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Stay here for total 3 nights, first two nights in fan room, the room is clean and fan is good enough. We couldn't rent a bike for our Mae Hong Son loop due to Xmas holiday, the reception managed to arrange one for us and the bike shop actually ride the bike over to our guesthouse. Our big luggage is placed with them for 6 days. When we are back, we stayed in air-con due to full house, the room is big and clean as well. Recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Jesdotcom007
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Ban Wiang was the second place we stayed in Thailand. The service was very good. Our little friend Oi at the front desk was very helpful. The rooms were clean and nice enough. We were happy with our stay but must say the price seemed to be a little high for what it is.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I stayed here for about a week. It has a good location inside the moat, close to internet, restaurants, banks, and anything else you could want. The Owner was super nice, really sweet. The person who runs the place in the day time was OK, slightly rude at times, but it may have been a slight language barrier (we can giver her the benefit of the doubt). The room was clean and well kept. The place allows you to book trips, they will reduce the cost on the price stated (as everywhere in Thailand!). I am sure there are nicer places, but I don't doubt there are worse places!

Room Tip: You can barter the price of the room
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 February 2011

Out of the way of all of Chiang Mai's traffic noise but still only two minutes away from some great places to eat I was pretty well content here.

Good Staff that are happy to be helpful really made this a nice place to stay.

Couldn't recommend it enough really. Quite missed the place and the people once I'd left

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I stayed at Ban Wiang for 4 nights. Overall, I liked the guesthouse. It has a fantastic location, is relatively clean and isn't expensive. I only had one serious problem with Ban Wiang and it has to do with the service.
Day 1: no toilet paper. I used the tissues provided in the room and asked the front desk to put toilet paper in the room.
Day 2: no toilet paper. I finished the tissues, so I used my spare toilet paper (I just came from India). I again asked the front desk to put toilet paper in the room.
Day 3:. no toilet paper. Is it seriously that difficult to put toilet paper in my room? I again asked the front desk to put toilet paper in the room. I'm starting to get seriously annoyed.
Day 4:. no toilet paper. I again asked the front desk to put toilet paper in the room. Now I am pissed off.
As a result, I switched to another guesthouse...

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo