“Sauce! I need sauce on my pizza.”

Girasole by La Gondola
Ranked #172 of 2,347 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We came to Girasol because of a great web blog that said it had the best pizza in Chiang Mai. And we were also traveling with my partners mom who was interested in trying some Pizza.
I also noticed that they stack their pizza boxes right, which is a sign of quality pizza.
The place is quite nice and not too expensive for the type of food. They make a Greek salad, which my partners mom really enjoyed. The salad was pretty good and came with bread and breadsticks. At 180 baht though, we're almost in New York prices.
The pizzas were ok, thin crust yes, but more like a pita bread crust, without the pizza fluff and crunch combination that is true pizza.
One of the pizzas we ordered without cheese. The magharita pie which comes with cheese is 140 bhat. Not bad... Our pie came with very little sauce. There was just a tiny bit of sauce and then 8 basil leaves, so we were a bit disappointed in the skimping, clearly skimping on the sauce. The sauce was skimped. And then I asked for extra sauce, from the extremely nice waiters, and a sauce comes with the free breadsticks... This caused confusion cause you have to pay for the extra sauce that comes with the breadsticks. Anyway, I was a bit sad that I couldn't get a normal amount of sauce on this pita bread crust pizza.
As a guy from New York, I'm pretty much giving up on pizza in Asia. I should have known better than to trust my pizza love to so me sauce skimpers.
Paz.

2  Thank David C

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Excellent pizza and pasta, presented beautifully at a low price. Backs onto a beautiful and serene little courtyard. Excellent service and very polite staff.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Saw this place the night before when at the night markets and came back the day after because we were in the area. Had the margherita Pizza which was so well done, lasagne had great flavour, salt n pepper calamari was lightly battered and beautiful. Would definitely come back when in town.

1  Thank SimonR745
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My family was surprised by the number of Italian restaurants in Chiang Mai. Quite by accident, we came upon Girasole -- what a delicious surprise. It took quite a while for our party of 10 to put in our order, and the waitstaff did make a couple of blunders along the way. But all of the food was amazing -- right down to the house salad. Great wine and fantastic pizza. Members of my family have already returned.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

I like to eat here. It's good. I can tell you how much it is delicious...you have to find out the answer by yourself :)

1  Thank Natthaphon K