“Look no further”
Review of Cat Motors

Cat Motors
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Cat Motors is a family motorbike rental business first started in the far 2010 year. The story of Cat Motors began with a Yamaha Fino that we rented to our friend back in October 2010. Today, our company has up to more than one hundred motorbikes with different engine capacities and several cars. Our goal is providing a functioning motor vehicle and ensuring your safety on the road. We do not scrimp on the timely maintenance of the vehicles and monitor their condition. The maintenance that requires to be done by high-qualified professionals is held only in the Honda and Yamaha service centers. We donate about 5% of our company’s profits to the charities sponsoring education programs for children from low-income families. We believe that knowledge is a way to life. A way that provides an opportunity for children to get an education and become doctors, scientists, teachers, engineers, and contribute further to the society. Cat Motors — created by Travelers for Travelers. Welcome!
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Great service, safe bikes which are in great condition.
Delivery and pickup service when you rent them for a week.
We had no problems or whatsoever with this company.
Skip all the others and play safe and rent your scooters here.

All reviews
"nice bike"
"these guys"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 22 August 2017

If you're debating on renting a scooter, stop thinking and go rent one. This was the best decision we made, we used maps.me and pinned all the different temples to go see which saved us a lot of money. We were able to see so much more of the North and go up the mountains which lead to beautiful view points and nature. We didn't get bombarded with Taxi requests or deal with walking through loud crowds.

The rental place was easy to find. they had a few models available and were clear and friendly. The scooter was in perfect shape and helmets were included. They only require a deposit and a copy of your passport.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Just moving into Chiang Man and did a lots of research into options for a scooter rental. Settled on Chiang Man Scooter Rentals, read all their small print, their 32 great tips for riders and reviews. Went in today to set everything up. Discussed a 2 - 3 month rental, one of their 3000 THB a month bikes, the purchase of a new helmet. Then asked if they could deliver the bike to me and I would pay a delivery fee as I knew I was just outside the city limits (and I did read that they do offer a free delivery to you within close city limits). Sadly this was totally impossible, suddenly levels of understanding and communication ceased, discussions needed to be translated and then discussion ended and I was told they could not help unless I collected it. This was a great disappointment.

Konstantin Z, Владелец at Cat Motors, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear guest from Seattle, what i can answer to you?

Yes, we do not deliver if it is very far from our office. Any delivery service (pizza, burger, lunch box, etc.) works the same way. Have delivery area, and have area where do not deliver. Even for money. Because there is have no time and resources to deliver to these areas.

Of course, we would like to provide you with our services, but... Your area is from our delivery zone in 30 minutes on straight road. We have no time and resources for this. Therefore, we not offer delivery to this remote area. And money does not matter.

And by your words you knew about this before you visit our office, because you read full info on website before came. Therefore, I do not understand why you are disappointed.

So, i not understand your "discussions needed to be translated". Perhaps our staff speaks English not very well, but for many years of work we have thousands customers and you are the first who complains about misunderstanding.

Do I have to apologize for our staff? I think not.

The staff gave you detailed information and answered all your questions in detail. Also, the staff explained to you several times that your area is not included in our delivery zone, and we do not have the time and resources to deliver the motorcycle to this place. Moreover, you knew that your area is not included in our delivery zone even before visiting our office, by your words.

Therefore, it is very strange to see "I'm disappointed", although you knew in advance that the service you are requesting in our office is not provided.

It's like coming to Seattle, and saying, "I've read so much about Seattle, but when I came to Seattle, I was disappointed, because on the main square of Seattle there is no mausoleum with Lenin - Leader of the October world revolution, like in Moscow, capital of the Russia».

That's funny.

In any case, I wish you all the best in your travels, and please be careful on the roads. Please remember, safety - first.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Searched all over Chiang Mai looking to rent a motorbike for a week trip to Pai and luckily came across Chiang Mai Scooter rental! All you need is a copy of your passport and a 3000 baht cash deposit and you are on your way with a well maintained bike, poncho, first aid kit, helmet (if needed), and anti theft lock! The folks that worked there were kind and helpful at your convenience! Their prices are also half the price of many of the rentals around Chiang Mai! Highly recommend!

Konstantin Z, Владелец at Cat Motors, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thank you, Chase!

See you next time! Good luck on your future travel!