“A safe introduction to local food”

Black Canyon Coffee
Ranked #32 of 341 Coffee & Tea in Chiang Mai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 27 June 2016

Yes, the food here is more expensive than places used by locals and it very Western, but if you are new to the food of Thailand, then this offers a gentle introduction. The restaurant is very clean and there is an extensive menu in English with photos. There is both Thai and western food. Plus some decent desserts.

The coffee is not bad, though it is twice the price of a lot of places. It is well air conditioned, which is essential here in the heat.

I found the food quality was better at the Kad Suan Kaew shopping centre branch, though. Clientele was Western expats, tourists and a handful of locals.

One of my favourite places to eat.

Date of visit: May 2016
Write a reviewReviews (366)

Reviewed 8 June 2016

Cant really criticize this place but same can be said of praising it. Had breakfast here one morning and it was OK! Thats all that can be said. The breakfast choices were all of western style of sorts. It was edible but ordinary. Coffee was just drinkable, in comparison to other ones we have had in the area.
Save your money and go to a more local place and enjoy true Thai flavours, we should have!

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

Just wanted a chill place with AC and coffee/wifi.
Would have gone to starbucks instead of this first experience..
Cushions were permanently removed from seats and its a bit pricy for the quality.

Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

Nice place to relax and eat or get a refreshing drink.

Love their green tea lattes. So delicious!

They have nice cold aircon and plugs to charge your devices if need be. I enjoy working for a few hours here enjoying a drink or 2.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 20 April 2016

I have ordered Green Chicken Curry, it is written in English in the Menu. The waitress did not understand me, and went to my companion and both spoke in Thai and have decided what I want, as if I am a child. The order that came for me is not green chicken curry that I ordered, I was very furious and wanted to walk out at that stupid moment.
Never again I will given Green Canyon another visit.

Date of visit: April 2016