“Happy with Le Meridien Chiang Mai”

Le Meridien Chiang Mai
Ranked #21 of 386 Hotels in Chiang Mai
“Happy with Le Meridien Chiang Mai”
Reviewed 13 May 2011

My b/f and I stayed 3 days here and am very happy with this facility. It is very modern and clean. The staff were oustanding, food was good and overall a very lovely hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Storm_Zen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Everything is perfect, great location as everyone agree, good hotel facilities. and just one staff in the club lounge Wilai.... I think she need to improve her English and her attitude, I was c/o with her and she take so long time to check my bill and could not done it well. She try to explain me something but I can't understand what she try to explain.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank peter1911
Singapore
Reviewed 12 May 2011

I booked the deluxe room from pyotravel.com at SG$90 per room/night which includes breakfast, great deal considering that they give a free 1hr massage from the hotel for every guest which would had costed 1500baht excluding taxes. Great spread for their breakfast too, love the soup noodle.
The only shortcoming is the additional bed that I paid for 1500baht/night which includes breakfast. Every room comes with a day bed and if you need additional bed, they'll just cover the daybed with a bedsheet and gives you an extra quilt and pillows. It is a bit too hard for my liking since it's not a proper bed with the spring support. Would be much better if they can provide a kind of pillow top on top of the day bed before putting the bedsheet over it to cushion off the hardness and some people may find it expensive to pay additional 1500baht for the day bed which is already provided for in every room. They may rather just top up for the additional breakfast instead.
Location is great, which is at the doorstep of the night market. Prices at the night market though are exorbitant, had to bargain at least 50% off the price. Will be a better choice to stay near the Sunday market which is a favourite among the locals if there are as many food choices there too. 24hrs Burger King and McDonalds at your hotel doorstep.
Loves the huge bathroom but the sliding door may be a trap as it's shared with the built-in wardrobe. Once you slide open the bathroom door, it closes the entrance of the walk-in wardrobe and may hit someone who's standing there. Pillow are a bit low for my liking, tried to request for other kind of pillows but can't seem to get a firm one unless you like foam pillow. The female staff during my check-in was rude, for speaking in Thai to my agent with me and got him to translate in English to me. Till I asked if Le Meridien staff don't speak English then did she spoke to me directly.
Great service at the pool with a staff helping you to cover your chair with a towel and complimentary cold water and towel provided.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank SmurfSingapore
singapore
Reviewed 11 May 2011

We were glad to have chosen this hotel for our first trip to Chiang Mai, as there were so many other hotels to choose from. First of all this hotel really is value for money. We stayed at the Club Floor with their stay 7 pay for 5 nights promotion. The Club Floor room was meticulously clean and eclectic.

The Club Lounge is a nice haven after a long afternoon out in the field visiting elephant farm and tiger kingdom (a must do!!!). During our stay we hardly see anyone in the Club Lounge so we truely enjoyed our time there. The service was prompt and they are always with a smile. They do serve Proseco but only with limited white and red wine selection. The afternoon tea is quite nice with good selection of canapes but I find the evening cocktail food quite bland with only 2 or 3 finger foods each night. Check in and check out was done at the comfort of the Club Lounge.

We tried dinner once at the hotel restaurant Favola (Italian) though the food was good but the price was abit expensive and you can easily find the same quality or better outside with a fraction of the price. Four restaurants I would highly recommend are Marco, La Terrasse, Le Cristal and the restaurant at The Chedi hotel (The Chedi was one of our choice of stay but we didn't choose it coz we thought it was not romantic and out of town - definitely our choice if we ever go back to Chiang Mai again).

Overall a very good hotel to stay at with best location in town (right in middle of night market) and I highly recommend the Club Floor for a touch of exclusivity.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Omphaloskepsis
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Le Meridien is an excellent hotel and well positioned in Chiang Mai. We found a good deal for the hotel on a room only basis, breakfast was a bit pricey.

We ate out of an evening and found some great places at reasonable prices. The Sunday night market on walking street was excellent.

Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 May 2011

We had such a great time in Chiang Mai due mostly to the Le Meridian! We traveled with our 3 year old and our 6 month year old. The hotel is about 15 mins from the airport and when you are traveling w/young kids who have been on airplane for almost 3 hours, it makes a difference. We had a junior suite w/Royal Club privileges which included breakfast in their Royal Club lounge which was practically empty which allowed my 3 year old to run around freely, high tea at 3pm and drinks/snacks throughout the day. Our suite was perfect with a partition btw bed and living area which was great since our 6 month year old could nap w/out my older one having to tip toe around the room. We didn't need a roll away for our 3 year since there was a day bed that we could just use for him. We brought our own flat sheet and his small pillow and travel bed rail so he loved it. The crib was not in the room when we arrived, but as soon as I called to bring it up, it took no more than 15 mins - love it! Another bonus was their italian restaurant Favola which makes some of the best pizza we have had in SE Asia! We wish it would have been open for lunch!

Le Meridian's location was perfect - downtown in the heart of the night market. After the kids fell asleep, my husband and I took turns walking around it it. The hotel arranged two days of private guided tours for us - easy and great.

Cannot recommend this hotel enough. Only draw back was that there wasn't too much open space for my 3 year old to run around it. We played many games of hide n'seek on their 2nd floor which is where Favola is and their conference rooms. The pool was perfect, but a bit cold. Too bad there's not a small play area or kids club like many Starwood Resorts have.

Nonetheless it was a fabulous trip! We would absolutely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you are traveling w/young kids - Junior Suite!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
TinoLindner, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, 29 May 2011
Dear SGNYC65,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

The team and I are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay in the Junior Suite. It is kind of you to mention Favola, our Italian Restaurant and the Club Lounge. I have certainly shared your comments with our team.

Thank you for choosing Le Meridien as the hotel during your stay in Chiang Mai. My team and I do hope that we may welcome you again.

With kind regards

Tino
Ohio
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Le Meridien is one of my favorite brands and Chiang Mai is no exception. This property is right in the thick of the activity. If you want a fish pedicure (and you really do) or a massage........it's right there. If you want easy access to the night markets......it's right there. Fast food and good restaurants abound.
The rooms are what you would expect of a well-appointed luxury room. The bathrooms are awesome! The beds are comfy and they have a nice TV and mini-bar. The business center was great for a quick check of the emails and to register for Bangkok Airways for a return triip to Bangkok. The pool was chilly, but beautiful and well-serviced.
The breakfast was the best, as are all of the Le Meridien properties. Good, fresh, plentiful good food. The service was fantastic!
Would I stay here again? Someone, quick, buy me a ticket to Thailand!!!!

Room Tip: Travel with Gate 1
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
TinoLindner, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this review, 24 April 2011
Dear travljunkie51,

Thank you for choosing Le Meridien for your stay in Chiang Mai and for your warm words regarding your experience.

I’m delighted that the team took good care of you. It is very kind of you to mention the service, the food, location, the rooms, Business Center and the pool. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize our teams work. You made everyone’s day (including mine!).

We would be pleased to be able to welcome you back to Le Meridien Chiang Mai in the future

With kind regards