We stayed here for 9 nights (originally meant to be 4, but we loved the city and hotel). We were upgraded, so had a suite and free breakfast. Here are the highlights.
- New and really well designed - we saw no signs of wear, and everything worked well, from the sliding screens that divided the room to the huge jacuzzi. Decor was warm tones and not cluttered
- Great deal - we paid $110 us/night or so
- Great location, right next to the night market, good boutique shopping, and within walking distance of sights. If you take the red buses or regular taxis and only speak English, the location is particularly helpful as the drivers don't understand much English, but "night market" was universal
- Really attentive service, from booking an elephant tour to helping us get online
- Starwood hotels generally feel to me like business hotels, but this felt less like that than the others
- Excellent buffet breakfast - all kinds of fun small items (smoothie shots, lox & caperss on toast) in addition to the basics
- One of the best gyms I've seen in southeast asia - fully equipped with new machines (cardio & strength), free weights and mats
- Nice pool area, though unheated (apparently almost all in Chiang Mai are unheated) and a little too cold for my preference, even on hot days. I like warm pools, though
We also had a nice discussion with the general manager (as she was walking around the lounge talking to guests), who seemed legitimately interested in our opinion of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal destination for savvy travellers who enjoy the mixture of Le Meridien's European heritage and local Lanna style to deliver a contemporary cultural experience. The hotel's 383 guestrooms, overlooking Doi Suthep Mountain range, are equipped with broadband internet and offer a modern entertainment experience centered on a high-definition LCD television. A perfect location adjacent to the famous night bazaar will ensure guests encounter the vibrancy + energy of Chiang Mai, just at their doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Meridien Chiang Mai