Le Meridien Chiang Mai
US$446
US$307
Agoda.com
De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$125
US$100
US$463
US$416
US$235
US$151
Hotels.com
Bodhi Serene Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$148
US$66
US$137
US$108
Agoda.com
Anantara Chiang Mai Resort(Chiang Mai)
US$295
US$228
Anantara.com
Rainforest Boutique(Chiang Mai)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$31
3,350 results
All reviewsnight marketspg memberlatest recipespg pointsthe club loungecorner suiteburger kingconcierge deskmountain viewinfinity pooldoi suthepold citylobby barupgraded to a suitebreakfast buffethigh floorfive star hotel
Reviewed 9 January 2011

We stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights and were gutted to be leaving. Chiang Mai is an amazing place and the Le Meridian made our stay that much better. From the moment of arrival at this amazing hotel we were greeted by welcoming staff. The service here is second to none, we had lots of questions of things to do, and places to eat and each were answered without hesitation.
We walked into the room and had a lovely view from the 9th floor of the mountains in Chiang Mai, the room itself was spacious and very clean. The monsoon shower was excellent as was the large bath tub. The beds were some of the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
The concierge at the hotel was excellent, they organised taxi's, made restaurant bookings and looked after our every need.
Breakfast was one of the best I have experienced, a wide variety of food and drinks to choose from.
Didn't get enough time to make use of the pool, however it did look amazing.
I will definitely be visiting the Le Meridian in Chiang Mai again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
TinoLindner, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2011

Dear NanzM,

Thank you for these generous and gracious comments – and for taking the time to post this review on-line. I’m so happy to know that you enjoyed our service. I shared your comments with our team (which I always do) and they beamed when they heard your warm words.

Thank you also for your comments about the room, view, bathroom facilities, beds and the Concierge…..which I have certainly passed on.

We hope to be at your service in the not too distant future.

With kind regards

Reviewed 9 January 2011

We stayed three nights here, over New Year's Eve, and thoroughly enjoyed this lovely hotel. The location in in the middle of Chiang Mai, and perfect for the night market, and close to everything. The room was on the small side, but very comfortable, well designed and decorated, and even had a closet room with safe, shelving, and iron/ironing board. The pool deck is gorgeous and you can swim while looking west toward Chiang Mai. Breakfast buffet was excellent, with good western and eastern options - be warned: go early, as the tour groups swarm in there and it gets a bit too crazy. Laundry Note: we had our laundry done at a small shop outside the hotel - step outside the hotel, turn right, and see the Internet/Laundry sign. The woman running it actually saw us with bags, pointed up at the laundry sign and smiled. Laundry was 20 Baht/kilo...what deal.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Blondesteven,

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to post this review. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the room facilities, pool and location. The view from the pool is indeed spectacular featuring Doi Suthep mountain; the sunsets at the Pool can be a great experience. Thank you for your comment regarding the breakfast arrangement and I will discuss with our Food & Beverage team.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your feedback, which is always valued and appreciated.

We hope to welcome you back to Le Meridien Chiang Mai in the future.

With kind regards

Reviewed 8 January 2011

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in late November. The rooms were excellent. The bed was comfy & bathroom was fantastic. We could watch TV from the bath as there was a speaker for the TV in the bathroom. The view over the mountains was excellent. Breakfast had a lot of variety & was always busy. The free wi-fi was very handy as well as the business centre, although the computers were quite slow. The location was fantastic, as others have said before. There a great food court in the Kalare night market. We also ate a good meal ata near-by restaurant called Ping Ping.
The only disappointment was the temperature of the pool was too cold for my liking. I am not keen on swimming in pools that have no heat. It was great to relax poolside, however both me & my husband didn't swim due to the temperature.
I would stay at the Le Meridien again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Ozzaboz,

Thank you very much for your detailed review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the location, view, bed, bathroom and breakfast.

Thank you for your remarks regarding the pool temperature. We are currently in the winter season and the pool temperature is between 22 C – 24 C during the day. General guidelines suggest a pool temperature between 24 C – 26 to be comfortable, so it is indeed a refreshing experience at the moment. Most times of the year our pool reaches the suggested temperature levels since the air temperature is usually higher, however I’ll discuss with our Chief Engineer in our next product development meeting.

I’m glad to hear that your travel schedule might bring you back to Chiang Mai again. My team, and I, would be delighted to welcome you back to Le Meridien.

Warm regards

Reviewed 7 January 2011

We stayed here for New Years Eve and into January in a suite on club floor.
The hotel looks and feels refurbished. Arrangements through Starwoods were smooth as usual , concierge contacted us before hand to arrange transfers /New Year Eve dinner. Suite was excellent , only minor point - to close blinds next to the very large bath you have to climb across the bath itself - not easy when getting older! Bed was superb. Club lounge good .
New Year Eve meal was o.k. . buffet in the Italian restaurant, but it was compulsory as with most hotels at that time of year .
We ate at the Italian restaurant on another occasion and the food was good but not spectacular.
Spa - very professional , used it twice , some treatments seem reasonable for hotel prices, some very expensive , but the experience was good and nice treatment rooms.
Concierge arranged golf trips ,including transport , with reductions at one of the courses very efficient.
Breakfast in club lounge is very limited, downstairs in main restaurant it is extensive but can be busy if you hit it at same time as a tour group ..
The hotel is ideal for the market and walking around the town .

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
TinoLindner, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2011

Dear BellaMBJ

Thank you for your time in posting your review about Le Meridien Chiang Mai on Trip Advisor.

I’m delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your stay and were pleased with the Suite and facilities. Thank you for your suggestions regarding the blinds, breakfast selection at Club Lounge and food at Favola Restaurant.

It’s been a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 5 January 2011

The hotel is located right next to the night bazaar with many shops and bars in close proximity. It seems relatively new and all areas were clean and well kept.

Most staff were pleasant and helpful, the only exception being the concierge. We asked for help with arranging a driver for a day to take us sightseeing but the concierge merely dialled the number and handed us the handset - not what we expected.

Breakfast was a haphazard affair with huge crowds seeming to arrive at once. Although there was a good selection, a lot of the food that should have been hot was cold or lukewarm.

As mentioned by a previous reviewer, the hotel is popular with large tour groups and public areas can feel crowded and noisy.

The best feature of this hotel is most definitely its location.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
TinoLindner, Hotal Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2011

Dear Soho77,

Thank you for posting your review about Le Meridien Chiang Mai on Tripadvisor.
Your comments regarding the breakfast are well noted and have already been passed on to our culinary team. I have also discussed your comments with our Concierge team for improvement and may I offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

On a positive note, I am glad to hear that you had enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and were pleased with the service of our associates.

Once again my sincere apologies and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back at our property. My team would very much like the opportunity to restore your faith in our services.

Kind regards