“Amazing Adventure”
Review of Crank Adventures - CLOSED

Crank Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Crank Adventures has developed a range of tours to suit all tastes. Chiang Mai and Northern Thailand is a biker’s paradise and we are the experts when it comes to bike adventures ranging from our renowned Chiang Mai and Surrounds sightseeing tour as recently featured on Australia's Getaway program, right through to a full week of XC mountain biking as featured many times on youtube. We are committed to Safe and Responsible Travel practices that do not disturb the locals or damage our environment. We give you safe, rewarding, memorable trips and are unmatched in our knowledge and expertise. We look forward to seeing you on a trip soon.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 11 March 2010

Recently took the BRILLIANT BIKING AND BAMBOO RAFTING ROUTE with Damian and "Mr Three". The tour was awesome, but I only recommend for bikers in shape and ready to roll through some off-road trails. Nothing was too technical, but it was definitely a work out. My biking partner needed some extra time which slowed down the trip, but Damian and Mr. Three were VERY accommodating. The equipment provided was above average and Damian customized the seat and brakes to my liking. I took the tour in January, so the scenery was not too green, but still pleasant to look at. The weather was perfect, not too hot during the day and cool at night (needed a sweatshirt). The overnight village was a great experience. Damian and Mr. Three cooked a homemade meal (absolutely delicious!!) and the village tribe people were friendly and welcoming. Don't expect anything more than camping-type conditions - no plumbing, no showers, thin mattress on the floor of a small hut, mosquito cover. The bamboo ride down the river was fun and relaxing. Overall, an amazing adventure. If I am ever in Chiang Mai again, I will use Crank!! Damian and Mr Three were very friendly and provided a lot of information about culture in Chiang Mai and the greater Thailand. They also provided recommendations for other tours. I highly recommend this company because of the personal attention given to every group.

3  Thank fascias

Reviewed 15 February 2010

Two weeks ago I rode the up and down challenge with Damian, Mr Win and some guys from the UK. It is my third trip with Crank Adventures and that in itself should be a good recommendation. Once again the organisation was excellent, the terrain was tough but rewarding (going up) and exhilarating (going down). Plenty of stops for those that needed it and back up support vehicle for those that couldn't quite make it. Lunch was taken at a quiet local restaurant with some small detours for sightseeing (Mong Village) and a coffee plantation. The trip ended at a picturesque lake for a beer or three before the drive back to Chiang Mai. Thanks again Damian, I hope to be back to do some more later in the year.

3  Thank Forrrrest
Reviewed 21 January 2010

Me and my travel companion was staying in Chiang Mai for a week and looked around for bike tours since we both do a bit of road biking. We ended up booking Crank Adventures, mostly because the varied and well presented trip options I think. Being in decent shape but not skilled offroad bikers we chose the Roof of Thailand package. It sure did not disappoint, nor did the organization around it. Our two guides were both very friendly and very professional in every way I can think of. Their knowledge of just about any topic be it alpine plants, sports, politics or foods were particularly impressive. The climb up Doi Inthanon was spectacular, some impressive height metres but never any problem with mtb gearing, and lots and lots to see along the way - temples, waterfalls and just brilliant mountain and forest views. The bikes were not top of the line but perfectly maintained and I have absolutely no complaints. In summary, Crank Adventures far exceeded my expectations of biking in Chiang Mai.

3  Thank samu_sanchez
Reviewed 15 January 2010

Okay, here was my deal: I'm Thai-American and needed to plan an excursion for my Thai, American, and European fun-loving friends during the past King's Birthday weekend. Let's go for a ride!
Damien and Crank made the whole day awesome! The equipment and staff were top-notch. They were accessible to all our needs, which included a much-needed break along an easier path for out-of-shape me. Lunch along the lake was a perfect ending to the day.
If you want a personalized, fun, and extreme adventure, this is where it's at!

2  Thank TheEV
Reviewed 14 December 2009

A great trip worth the money, went to places we wouldnt have found most of the places oursevles but with our guide it was a really fun informative day out- great place where we stopped for lunch to sample the favourite chiang Mai dish of Khoa Soi.

3  Thank moonsterManchester