“1 month of total relax”

Ranked #218 of 732 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“1 month of total relax”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

A friend of mine and I went to Chiang Mai to spend a month studying Thai massage.
We didn't book anything in advance as we preferred to see the places.
Ban Kong Rao was just the perfect home for our month staying in Chiang Mai. Few minutes walking distance from ITM school and more than that the place itself is really nice. Staff extremely friendly and helpful.
Rooms are spacious with extremely comfortable beds. Would totally recommend!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank BFalce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Wanaka, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 October 2013

i stayed at the sister property nearby
-owner Tom speaks good english and helped to translate directions for taxi driver as well as help make bookings for activities
-rooms very comfortable
-powerful aircon, fridge
-food stalls nearby

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Exceptional value, rooms by the night or month. Rooms are spacious with big beds, wood paneling, flower paintings, good air conditioning--everything works incl. wi-fi. Two beautiful Thai sisters manage the hotel--they are both very knowledgeable to arrange tours and excursions around Chiang Mai as well as visa runs to chiang rai and laos. Daily maid service. There are many good restaurants in the neighborhood, incl. Thai, Japanese, and vegetarian. Thai niteclubs up the street catering mostly to college students. Central shopping mall is close by--chain restaurants, a supermarket and food court. easy access transportation and a view of Doi Suthrep. Nieman Haemon shops about a mile. i have stayed here on 3 occasions and would again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank andy l
Berlingerode, Germany
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Me and my family were travel to Thailand. First we arrived and we stay in BKK for 1 night.
Next morning we were fly to Chiangmai. Our friends suggestion us to stay here at Ban kong rao.
My friends said at this palce we can feel like home and staff are all friendly.
In the end we decided to stay here same as my friends suggest us.
And its was amazing !! especially for my 3 years old girl :) She is very happy to be at this place.
All staff r so swesome and kind. They help us to watch out my little girl while we need some relax time lol
I feel like here is my Thai fam !!
I mean its very good place to stay.
and hopefully i can get room there next year again :)

By the way Thai massage sevice is super !!

Greeting to everyone there from Berlin

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Berlinerin_pankow
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here back in 2011 for a month and it was fantastic, but coming back in 2013 some things have changed. The rooms have gotten some wear and tear and ate not as nice as a result. The staff used to be great but now the owner and the mgr have gotten lazy or complacent and with every contact I had with them it felt like they were doing me a favor by letting me stay at their hotel.

For the price of this hotel, there are many newer and nicer hotels in the area with friendlier staff. But it's still a decent hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank noappendix
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My son and I each had our own room for about a month while he studied at ITM. We both loved this place. The owner was so conscientious and the staff were friendly and attentive. The rooms were not the generic hotel rooms but were loaded with personality. The only thing I would have wished was for the rooms to be bigger; but the view, the location and the homey decor made up for it. The roof had a scenic large, comfy sitting area with a view of the gorgeous nearby mountains.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank silvergirl1960
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I stayed at Ban Kong Rao for three months (studying massage at ITM). It really was home away from home. The room was spacious and nicely decorated. Good shower. The roof terrace is a perfect place to sit and relax, watch the sunset, or to study. Good Wifi and airco.
They serve very good food at the restaurant, and around the guesthouse are plenty of good restaurants too. Also 7eleven tesco launderette are around the corner
The service is Great. The staff of this guesthouse is wonderful. They make you feel at home and create a very nice atmosphere. Very helpful and friendly. They really make this place a prefect spot for a (long)stay
The guesthouse is out of the touristic area. But with a tuk tuk you are in the old city within 10 minutes.
I have seen some other guesthouses in the neighborhood, but I will certainly go back to this one when I go back to Chiang Mai.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo