“Amazing escape that was right in the city”
Review of Yantarasiri Resort

Yantarasiri Resort
Ranked #161 of 383 Hotels in Chiang Mai
“Amazing escape that was right in the city”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

WOW! What an amazing place! We arrived at 10:00 at night to see it all lit up for Christmas. All rooms open onto the courtyard where the pool is. It's a tropical oasis one block in from the main strip, and within walking distance to anything you want (including a Starbucks which is tough to find in Thailand). You feel like you've escaped the city when you walk into this resort. The rooms are nicely decorated with local wood items. Bathroom had a rain shower and modern sink, toilette etc.

The chair on the deck overlooking the pool was so comfortable to sit and read a book, though a second chair (so we could both enjoy it) would have been nice. I called to ask but was told 1 per room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank DennyCrane123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is a great little hotel. The pool area is very nice. The rooms are clean. I love the bathroom with the rocks everywhere, very cool. The bed is a bit on the hard side but I am coming from a therapeutic bed and I think every bed in Thailand is just on the firm side in every hotel. The grounds are very nice too. The area of this place is very hip and seemed to be for the younger crowd which was cool. Went to the I Love Godzilla Japanese restaurant on Godzilla St...a bit random but very good food. Oh and the bathtub we had could fit probably about 6 grown people it was absolutely huge! We only stayed here for two nights and moved only because we were hotel hopping. Id stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fuapepe
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I'm from Chiang Mai and I have brought many of my friends to this hotel in the past but never ever again. It used to be a really lovely place with a great garden but this all changed. The last time I put up 'Yantarasiri regulars' there, they were again let down by the management of this place. The room was AGAIN moldy and with a very bad smell. Only after a fight, they were 'allowed' to change in a different room. One night the aircon did not work and only after having shouted at the staff they moved. I'm living in Thailand for 12 years and I know one should not shout but even this does not help in that place. I'm also living nearby myself and I only see Thai customers ourdays. No wonder...Thais do not shout and do not complain...They just don't go back but I have not seen many foreigners going in and out of that place anymore....AVOID

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cape068
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Very good hotel with very helpful staff. The Niminh area is very modern, and busy with affluent Thais in the bars coffee shops and restaurants, but not the old town type of atmosphere that many tourists are looking for. The lovely Yantarasri is a bit of an Oasis in this steel and glass environment. For those wanting to watch English Premier League footy the Cine bar is good, across the main road from the Yantarasri near the Mayflower hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nicki K
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I been in Chiangmai for a couple of days and ended my stay in Yantarasri Resort in Chiangmai. The resort looks impressive on the website but to my dismay was not what I had picture it yo be.

Although they call it a Resort and Spa, The spa is not much to talk about. The massage places on the streets I would think is far cosier. I do not recommend this place for people who are unable to climb up stairs because there is no lift. Rooms are cosy but floor boards are creaky, cupboard doors creak when they open and door creak too.

Staff here is not what you expect of the Thai Service. Arrival at the reception was a disappointment, throughout Thailand whenever I check-in there was that beautiful Thai smile and greeting but not at the Yantarasri Resort and Spa. I think they should change their name to Yantarasri Hotel and not Resort and Spa. I requested for a check out of about 30mins later then the schedule check out time of 12pm and the respond I got was you must check out before twelve because the maids need to clean the room for arrival of the next guest. Why should I check out
before 12 when check out is 12!!!!

Staff did not seem interested to provide service or that Thai Smile. I was at the reception or so call lobby checking out spa treatment.... none of the staff approached me to assist me but all seated and chatting away about 5 staff in the lobby.

It was a dissappointing end to my Thailand Vacation. Never will I ever stay here again at the price they charge I would have expected service of a high end hotel.

Room Tip: Think twice before booking a stay here...... I think there are better hotels at the price the Yantar...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank sgmarco
Elanora, Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This hotel is beautiful and the staff and facilities great. It is a hidden oasis in the middle of a bustling city. It give you a flavour of Old Chang Mai. Breakfast is good and the restaurant area makes you feel like you were there decades ago. Very peaceful and tranquil and the pool area is a delight. Definately value for money and can't recommend it highly enough. Situated in a Korean suburb Its away from the Old town and the tourist area thus the locals are charming as you are an unusual part of their day.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed here for four nights and found the staff at the front desk extremely hard to communicate with. We made our reservations 6 months in advance, but were still put on the 3rd floor which had no balcony. We were traveling with friends who needed to be on ground floor for medical reason and even though I informed them prior to their check-in the staff did nothing to accommodate them. I was so excited to take a bath, but found there was no hot water. They came numerous times to try and correct the issue,but after three failed attempts I gave up trying. The spa was double the price of any of the other spas around, so I did not want to even try the spa. The website looks great and says there is 24 hour room service, but I found that not to be true and they did not offer room service at all. The TV only had a couple of english channels. Outside of our room the hotel had a lot of character, but that was about it.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a ground floor room because there is no lift on the permise
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple