“Great hotel on many levels”
Review of Yantarasiri Resort

Yantarasiri Resort
Ranked #161 of 383 Hotels in Chiang Mai
San Francisco, California
“Great hotel on many levels”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Yantarasri at the very beginning of our tour of Thailand and Cambodia. I have to say that it set the bar for all hotels to come, as I often found myself wishing we were coming back to yantarasri in each city afterward.

The staff were friendly, very courteous, and helpful with suggestions for activities, even when there was a misunderstanding about the actual day we were going to do an activity.

The resort itself is located in the neighborhood of Nimman, a trendy spot for college students. There is a wealth of food stalls, restaurants, massage places, and bars within walking distance of the hotel. Lots of cool people watching. If you want to go to old town, or any of the other touristy locations, it's a 10 min tuk tuk ride away.

The hotel itself is beautiful, lush and very green, and with a beautiful pool. We stayed in a pool view room with a tub (which is what I'd recommend), which was spacious, came equipped with a huge fridge to put our water in, and everything was very pristine.

Book this resort. You won't be sorry!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank idreamstarr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have stayed at the Yantarasiri 4-5 times since 2011. I like the hotel's lush garden, inviting swimming pool, helpful staff and beautiful wooden buildings. It is also very reasonably priced. However, after my recent stay, I am sad to report that the condition of the rooms has declined too much to make staying there worthwhile. I stayed one night in a deluxe room by the poolside, and a week later, 3 nights in an executive room on the 2nd floor. In the rooms there were many stains and chips, especially on the walls and floor coverings, as well as on the linens and bathroom furnishings. At this point I hope that the management will consider a renovation.

The hotel is conveniently located on soi 6 of trendy Nimmanhaemin Road, which has many cafes, a number of high-end home decor shops, book stores and some restaurants. Smoothie Blue and Bake n Bite are small cafes which serve excellent Western-style breakfasts and lunches. There are also a 7-11 and a small Tesco Lotus supermarket very close by.

The Nimman area is on the western side of the city and so convenient for visiting Doi Suthep, Wat Suan Dok, the zoo, and Chiang Mai University. On the other hand, for most of the other famous monasteries, the Sunday walking market, Worarot market, and the riverside, it's more convenient to stay in the old city.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Angela C
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I highly recomend you to book this boutique resort as it brought exactly what you wanna find in Chiang Mai - tranquility, pureness and hospitality. Located on Himmanhaemin Road (or shorter Nimmam Road), it just takes only 15 minutes from Chiang Mai Airport. This boutique resort is a complex of 4 separate buildings with wooden architecture and well-arranged landscape. Your room is covered by green gardens and the center swimming pool always brings fresh air every morning during your stay. I love lying lazily by the pool in the afternoons.

From this resort, you can find a number of fine Thai and international restaurants and bars along Nimman Road with only 5 minutes walk.

The hotel's rate is a remark as it's quite reasonable. I was happy with all staff there and you will realize that you get much more than what you just paid! Let's enjoy Chiang Mai from Yantarasri Resort!!!

Stayed June 2014
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Ok so after reading the reviews on trip advisor and also how highly it was rated, we decided to stay at this hotel - which was probably one of the worst decisions we made during our trip to Chiang Mai. I don't even know where to start - from the rude service that we got to how old the hotel was to how dirty it was. The only good thing about the hotel was that it was in a good location and had a nice pool, but in saying that so do alot of other hotels in Chiang Mai.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jsutanto
Macau, China
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Can't explain what a "good" experience of my staying at this hotel because of you lost money here and all the staff here were "cool", never smile to you especially they know you lost money.
Me and my friend going out after we finish our BBF around 10 am. After we back around 4 pm we find that our total 3000 hong kong dollars which put in our bag located besides the bed only left 1500! and another 100 Chinese Yuan also was gone! We find all of our suitcase and bags even the every conner of the room but nothing was find. then we called the front desk for help. one of the FD collegue and the housekeeper which cleaned our room come, and said they are not responsible for the money that because we didnt put the money into the safety box! and I said I need to call the police, and also want to see their manager right now. their response was the manager was too busy to come. Then just left the hskper and us in the room. then the hskper try to see all of our bags seems try to find the money for us. Guess what happened? After she touched my bag, I open it then I saw 1500 HKD was lying there obviously!!! Actually 4 of us include me and my friend, FD collegue and the hskper there saw it was empty 5 minutes ago. Then I approach FD try to explain this things, then they still insist I can put my money into the safety box and ask me to the police station to do the finger print to check who touch my money. I asked to see their manager again, then they told me their manager was at Bankok!!!! unbelivable, she told me to go downstairs if I want see their manager but now he/she already go to Bankok!!!!
After these things happened, every time I asked for other assistant, the FD collegue was cool to me and I didnt meet their smile any more.
So the one who will choose this hotel, Just remind plz put your money into the safety box.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Carol Z
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The moment you enter the Yantarasiri resort a peaceful haven greets you in the form of traditional Thai wooden buildings and a gorgeous, jungle-like garden. Not far from the entrance is a serene swimming pool tucked away among the trees and plants. The luxurious rooms are discreetly screened by plants and it is hard to imagine the bustling city life outside the walls, as a heavenly silence and peace surrounds the resort. An added bonus is a full-service spa with every imaginable delightful pampering on the menu. The staff are friendly and helpful. This is the perfect place for a honeymoon or romantic getaway, and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shops in Chiangmai. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
northeast
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Loved this great jewel! It has charm, character and very spacious. A great location - close to shopping and dining. Although the hotel offers a great breakfast buffet, there is also a superb restaurant on the corner - excellent smoothies! Very pleasant staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends