“Great Apartment Living!”

Studio 99 Serviced Apartments
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights and loved the place. It's on a soi off ThaPrae Road, within walking distance of the ThaPrae Gate and the night market. It's a quiet little side street and there are only 6 apartments. Each is well equipped with a kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge, TV and wifi. They provide bottled water, tea bags and instant coffee, although we brought our favorites from home.
The bathroom is large, with a big shower, substantial towels. The bedroom has a closet and safe, ours also had a small balcony with a rack to hang clothes to dry. Staff keeps everything clean and they are very helpful if you want to book a tour, class or car & driver. When we needed to go out in the rain they loaned us umbrellas, they called a taxi for us, they will send out laundry (or there is one right down the lane for 30 thb per kg). There are tuk tuks right down the lane.
There is no street noise but you can hear some noise from others coming up the stairs late at night (that was our son and friends staying in the other units), and there is some ambient noise from insects or frogs (we never found out) early in the morning.
There are a number of breakfast joints nearby, one hotel down the soi was only 80-100 thb for breakfast. Or you can buy things from the 7-11 (bread and jam, eggs, etc) if you want to cook.

Room Tip: There are one or two-bedroom units, three floors and no elevator. Second and third floors have balco...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank 1272skidoo

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Just back from this wonderful trip to chiangmai with my family. I must said studio 99 really was the most best serviced apartment that i ever stayed. Cozy, clean, convenient, comfortable, and everything that you wish for a nice stay at chiangmai. The staffs are extremely friendly and spoke good in english. Most inportant are the unit that we stayed are clean & i really wish to have stayed at chiangmai & studio 99 for much more longer. Weekends & daily night bazaar are just 10 minutes walking distance. 7-Eleven are just 5-10 minutes & McDonald's are just around the corner.
I have joined Travel Hub by studio 99 as my local tour at chiangmai & chiangrai & i really enjoy myself all along the trips. The tour guide speak very good english & never missed a chance to tell us all the details. Must visit are the maesa elephant camp. You will never regret. I'll definitely choose studio 99 when i got the chance to go to chiangmai once again. Truly a wonderful stay at studio 99.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Msiatravel_lover
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Studio 99 is clean, spacious, light and has everything you could want in a serviced apartment. The only thing we could say is that the location is a little outside the city gate so you have to cross a major road to get to the city.
Whilst in Chiang Mai head to Funky Dog cafe and try thye coconut shakes, they are something else. The owner Mr Ann gathers his own coconuts and honey from the jungle. He is a very spiritual guy who will talk your ear off....

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank James M
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I've stayed at many 5* hotels around the world, sometimes it's nice to stay somewhere a little different, if thats what your looking for then Studio 99 will be ideal. The place is clean tidy and looks just as advertised!! the staff are great from the security and cleaners to the reception, they really make you feel at home. I stayed here about 2 years ago and for my more recent visit to CM I considered an hotel; but to be honest I really wanted to return and I'm pleased I did. They where upgrading the place just as I was leaving, I was the only resident on my last day.. but it caused no problem whatsoever.. Look forward to returning again soon..

Room Tip: I like room 4 with a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I was confident enough to book this apartment after reading all the positive reviews, they received zero negative reviews, and it was easy to understand why. Check in was handled efficiently by a nice girl, even helped me with my luggage to the first floor.

What greeted me after opening the door was an extremely spacious, clean, bright and tastefully decorated studio apartment! It was like a display home with a full kitchen, free and stable wifi, lovely balconies, one in the bedroom, one in the lounge room. Walk in robe with lots of storage space, and a great bathroom with good water pressure.

In my years of traveling around the world, this has to be one of the nicest of its kind, definitely has he cheapest rates, no wonder it is often fully booked. I was fortunate to be able to book for three nights, it was a fine sampling experience.

They take security seriously, at night after 8pm, a watchman will be there to guard the main entrance all night long. It is worthy to mention that despite being located in a small lane (Soi), it is amazingly quiet and relaxing. A full kitchen means you don't always have to eat outside, you can sometimes take food home to re-heat or cook. Do notice that since this is a serviced apartment, there will be no breakfast served. They can arrange a taxi to return to the airport, I was really very well looked after.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2012

just stayed about 16 days in the studio 99 . from the first vieuw on everything was faboulous, very nice apartment , very spacy , very quit at night and spotlessly cleaned every day. All of Chiang-Mai like city center, nightbazaar, walkingstreet can be easely reached on food. staff allways very helpfull and friendly. i can only reccomend this place if You are comming to Chiang Mai !

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank IVO1SAMUI
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Normally I visit Chiang Mai alone for business, but this time the family went with me. Wife, 2 year old, and 4 year old. Studio99 arranged airport pickup in van for us and brought us to the small soi close to the hotel. Manager met us and helped us with bags. Check in was smooth. We rented unit #5 which is a 2 bedroom with 2 full bathrooms, living room, and kitchenette. The rooms were well maintained and clean and everything was in working order.

if you are not from Thailand, you will be surprised at the hard beds, but that is just what they sleep on here in LOS. The location was so fantastic..a quiet soi between the Tha Pae (spelled wrong) Gate and the Night Market. Quiet and nice at night!

The manager arranged a van to take us around town the next day! Everyone was friendly and nice to deal with! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family