“Hidden gem of Thai food in Chiangmai”

BAAN Landai, Chiangmai Thailand
Ranked #309 of 2,550 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Like others, this place is brilliant and tucked away just beyond Chiangmai Northern Gate (Chang Phuek Gate) in the quite location filled with advertisement company and printing joints.

Baan Landai is true definition of home-cook Thai dishes varied from northern-Thai food to the central style of cooking. The cooks really put their heart into every dishes and the portion were really, really large and some of the dishes are done better with their own style. The style of which lift up the whole experience.

Try their fried dishes or their stewed dishes. I personally like their stewed ribs with rice and the deep-fried pork with spicy sauce. They were amazing. They also offer smoothies and drip coffee as well. So if you are a weary traveler happened to come to Chang Phuek Gate of Chiangmai, venture a bit further and visit this place immediately. Won't regret it.

1  Thank Ausrulf

Reviewed 29 August 2017

A tiny and hidden restaurant not far from North Gate. Few tables but great atmosphere.
I love black and white decors and their menu is really really awesome.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I never found anything in my life worth rating and writing about but this restaurant

Its above WOW . The food is soooo delicious and the ice cream blows your mind. If you are in Chiang mai and you dont come here you are really missing a lot the price and the quality make this place the 8th wonder of the world

noppadol n, เจ้าของธุรกิจ at BAAN Landai, Chiangmai Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Thank you so much .

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

With just four tables and a quiet location to the north of the north gate this place is a great addition to the Chiang Mai coffee and food scene. Local friends took me and their kids for lunch, it's the kids favourite and I'm pretty sure the adults are in agreement.
Why have you not heard /read about it, well it's been open less than a year. A mother and son team run it, he's the cafe side and she's on the restaurant. The kitchen and cafe bar run the length of this tiny shop, I was excited to see a brew bar on the latter as well as plenty of other pour overs. My friends kindly stood me coffee while we waited for our food, an Americano, was delicious and came with raw sugar (as if) and a little glass if milk. As lunch was cooked by just one person it came in dribs and drabs but it was worth the wait. We had amazing tamarind chicken crispy spicy and sour - slurp, the stewed ribs were daughter number ones favourite and thankfully were plentiful served in an unctuous dark sweet sauce that had a star anise bent. Then a pretty spectacular green mango salad appeared garnished with lime chilli and prawns, daughter number one made short work of the latter. On the other side of the table daughter number two was busy polishing off the complementary cucumber while snacking on a very nice noodle dish which was garnished with Thai sausage. Finally the last dish to appear was an amazing pumpkin and pork stew this was the Mum's choice and it was the nicest dish I've had yet in Chiang Mai. We shared all of this food along with some pretty speckled rice and plenty of water. After we had finished the owners came over for a chat bringing some longan to share. All in all including smoothies and my coffee I think we paid just over 1000ThB which was reasonable when you think that we fed three large adults and two daughters. I'll be back here next time I get a chance.

noppadol n, เจ้าของธุรกิจ at BAAN Landai, Chiangmai Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Reviewed 28 February 2017

It's a tiny restaurant -- only four tables -- but the food is sensational. There's nothing on the menu you've ever had anywhere else, but wow is it delicious! Don't go here when you're in a hurry -- everything is cooked to order in their little kitchen (which shares the same space as the dining tables). -- but well worth a few extra minutes wait. The people are super nice, eager to please, and genuinely grateful for your compliments. My wife had the mango salad with crispy fish -- it was amazing, and only 70 baht! I had the pork with black pepper sauce, with rice and a clear soup on the side for 80 baht -- and loved every bite. This was our first visit but it won't be our last!