All reviews air con bunk beds free breakfast private room fried rice book tours hostel shower duvet laundry backpackers temple
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to stay if you want to be in the old city, walking distance to the action, but set far enough away that you can also enjoy your peace and quiet. We walked to and from the main city gate several times a day (this was during Songkran festival) and we never once wished we were closer into town, so the location was fine. It is a bit higher priced than other places you can book, but for the extra cost, you get toast, jam, bananas, coffee, and tea free all day, plus a large grassy plot of land to explore and relax in. Everything is nicely landscaped with unique hand made wooden furniture. We stayed three nights in a private room and two nights in doms. Private room was great. Dorms are totally fine, except the two negatives I would point out are: 1) there are no lockers in the dorms 2) there is no soap by the sinks in the shared bathroom. For the higher price above other dorms I would have expected these relatively affordable/simple items. But I still thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Staff was excellent, and always available even though it was their holiday. The main owner lady spoke great English, too.

Date of stay: April 2013
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This gueathouse is set in a quiet garden and its great for chilling out. The location is good for walking street market but get tuctuc to night bazaar. I loved this place that i went back a week later. Extra friendly and helpful people. When the water cut out they even let me in their own house to use the shower while they fixed dorm bathroom problem. Can't recommend enough.

Date of stay: March 2013
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I loved everything about this place: affordable, strong wifi, clean dorms and bathrooms, free coffee, cheap laundry... I could go on. Highly recommended if you're looking for an affordable spot to relax.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

Comfortable bungalows in a garden. Friendly staff and free toast and coffee/tea for breakfast. Very relaxing. Just 10 minutes walk from restaurants in old city. people respect the quietness so if your in to partying, this is not your accomodation. If you want to enjoy the city in a relaxed way it definately is!

Date of stay: February 2013
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Iv stayed here twice now and loved it both times! The staff are really friendly and offer tips on tours and places to go and see.
The hostel itself is clean, beds are comfortable, ac in rooms, laundry facilities. One of the best things about them is free tea, coffee, toast and bananas all day! They also have a really good fruit salad for breakfast, I was told its 450g of fruit, a bit too much for me but all the same really good!
A short walk to reach centre but I rented bicycle and it was great way to get around.
It's a great place to relax so if your young and want to drink then probably not best place for you but I needed somewhere to chill out before going home so this was perfect for me.

Date of stay: February 2013