“It was ok.”

Baan Klang Vieng Hostel
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed only one night because no room available for next dag.
Friendly staf .
Rooms were clean and decent .We had back room with ac for 1000thb. Wich was quite noisy from traffic.
Electricity went out in the middle of night and so no toilet shower ac till we left at 11 am. But the hole block was out so not their fault. We moved to other hotel wich was 100 thb more but 70% better.

After all nice small hotel thats it.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Baan Klang Vieng Hostel

Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was a very clean hostel - possibly the cleanest one I have ever stayed in. The language barrier was a bit problematic at times; I don't speak much Thai and the couple who run the hostel don't seem to speak much English. They are not around at night, so probably not ideal for a late check-in! The location is ideal if you want to stay in the old city. Good value for money, and there are lots of great restaurants and cafes nearby.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Located within the old city, this hostel is economical and within a 5-minute walk to the Tad Phae gates, the epicenter of all songkran activities within Chiang mai city. The owners understand English but are not particularly conversant in it. That said, I like the fact that they are not overly pushy with helping us with our day tours either (though they could have earned from selling us the tours). With a really awesome and cosy cafe right in front of it and laundry service just around the corner, it is really well-positioned and value for money. For shopaholics, you would be pleased to find the sunday street market just a block or so away. If I ever visit again, I may just come back to stay at this place. Not many channels on the TV though but then again, we don't really need that.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2013

A nice little hotel run by a young couple with a cute toddler. The rooms were spacious and clean with a nice bathroom. There's a small outdoor common area just off the street, but the rooms are in a modern building. From the hotel, we walked all over the old city. I treated myself to a facial at the massage place next door - very nice and clean too. No breakfast but lots of restaurants and a market nearby. Good wifi.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed there 3 nights. Rooms were simple but very clean and price was low. Good value for our money, Actually this what we were looking about. Close to the hostel there was a nice restaurant with delicious food. The owner was very nice though with very simple English but very helpful. We recommend this place.
Kamil

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2013

This hostel was about 10 minutes walk from ThaPhaeGate,
I stayed 3 nights at Superior Single room which was very clean and cozy.

I bought many fresh fruits and foods at Sompet local market everyday, walk about 5 minutes, useful.
There was a cafe in the neighbor. But I couldn't use for a breakfast because the cafe opened about 10 A.M.

If you don't like mosquitoes and insects, I recommend to prepare a insect repellant in your room.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2013

My husband I spent time travelling around Asia last summer (2012) and we stayed in various hotel, B&Bs, hostels you name it! This was our favourite! We had emailed the owner numerous amount of times before arriving, changing our arrival dates and this was not a problem at all. When we arrived it was late but we received a warm welcome. Our room was simply yet beautifully decorated and was extremely clean- better than some 3 star hotels I've stayed in, in England! I wish we had stayed longer as Chiang Mai was lovely! I had my nails done at the nail place next door who were really friendly and enjoyed the coffee from the coffee shop next door. Try the apple tea here too...yummy!
I can champion Baan Klang Vieng enough. After staying in some questionable B&Bs this was a nice surprise. From BKV we wandered around and found most sights on foot but there are lots of songthaws on the main road for very little baht and shops and street food around the corner. There is a bar at the end of the street with water spray fans if you get too hot!
I totally reccomend this place!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple