“Beautiful home in Chiang Mai”
Review of Baan Hanibah

Baan Hanibah
Ranked #25 of 805 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We just spent two nights here and couldn't be happier. The inn is in a teak house on a small side lane in the old city. Very quiet, but close to everything. The staff is friendly and breakfast in the garden very peaceful great coffee, too. Will definitely stay here again when we return to Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 November 2012

We only were able to stay at Baan Hanibah for one night at the end of our North West Thailand exploration, but it was a great place to wind down for the evening. The rooms were very nice and we got a free upgrade to the family suite which was nice. Breakfast was nice out in the courtyard and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2012 via mobile

Lana style's Hanibah was really popular I wanted to extend my stay but they were already fully booked! I stayed in the family suite it was a comfortable sleep.

Breakfast was really good although small, and staffs are always smiling. I went down to ask for water and they just gave me a huge bottle about 5L!

I do hope they have online booking payment facilities, as I have to email and they usually accept bookings more than 2 days (mine was exception) so I didn't manage to book the other days.

Having breakfast in the garden was really relaxing and awesome!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank msmeteor
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We prefer to stay in small boutique hotels or B & Bs with character and this property was an exceptional choice. The family run guesthouse was built by relatives of the current owners . It is situated in the old part of Chaing Mai with little traffic through the winding narrow laneways ensuring a peaceful stay even though you are in the city centre. The main house is a beautiful building which accommodates the majority of the guests - there is a dining area inside but the tables set in the tranquil garden were our preferred setting for a delicious breakfast. Upstairs in the main house there is a verandah where guests can sit and enjoy the garden and watch the squirrels. We stayed in a smaller tastefully renovated building along side the main house which may have been servants quarters at one stage. The studio bedroom was an ample size with a very comfortable bed and air conditioning. The bathroom was clean and the shower very very large. Every aspect of the property was just right -the decor was tasteful , the garden was cool and shady, the staff friendly and the location so convenient.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Toni B
Reviewed 22 September 2012

This was a great place to stay. Great location only a 2 minute walk from the main loop, great value, totally too nice staff, and the included breakfast was simple but very good. I stayed in the single room which was excellent for me, but I could see it being cramped for 2.

I have never left reviews about hotels before, but I created a Trip Advisor account today to leave a few well deserved reviews. After checkout and my poor planning to get to the airport, I found myself really pressed for time. When it appeared the taxi was not going to make it in time, the owner actually took me to the airport. I tried to pay him, but he would not accept. Thank you Baan Hanibah for a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank jclark501
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My family enjoys staying in B&Bs when we travel instead of hotels, especially if you want to get a feel for the culture. The Baan Hanibah is "simply amazing". The outside garden and fish pond are beautiful. The staff is so courteous and will bend over backwards for your needs. The rooms were well air conditioned and spacious enough. Breakfast was great with cereals, breads, pastries, fruits, eggs made to order, and usually a hot Thai dish as well. Wireless internet was no problem in our room or on the second floor covered porch where you could relax in a rocking chair or on the day bed. One of our favorite things however, was the 24 hour coffee or tea availability. You're off the beaten path so away from all the street noise, but only a 5 minute walk to inexpensive taxi service, fruit & vegetable markets, and street vendors selling the most tasteful Thai dishes. There are local markets (day & night) selling everything under the sun & moon at very reasonable prices. And if a Thai massage is what you want, they are all over the place in either direction for about 150 baht ($5) for an hour. There is also a laundry spot about a 2 minute walk from the Baan Hanibah where you can drop off and pick up the next day. You cannot go wrong with this place. When we go back to Chiang Mai we will definitely return to Baan Hanibah.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank RobM5567
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This is a place for you if you like to stay in an antique teak house. This place is surrounded by trees and little garden. It is located at Soi 8, near main road but normally you can catch a taxi or tuk-tuk from the main road, around 50m from the room. I booked a double room at upper floor which the room is big enough to fit 3 persons with an extra bed. The room and bath room is very clean and well-kept. Breakfast is served hot daily with a variety of breads, hot coffee & fruits. The staff there are very friendly and helpful. Thanks to them to make this a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family