“Excellent rafting, bad driving” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Peak Adventure

The Peak Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: White Water Rafting At maetang River, Elephant Riding, ATV Riding, Samlor Culture Photo Tour
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent rafting, bad driving”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

The transport that the company uses to take you to the start of the rafting is horrendous. 17 people were put into the open back of a pick up truck - no seats, no handles, just sit on the edge and hope you don't fall out. Or sit on the searing metal floor but there's only enough space for 3-4 people to do that. The driver didn't even bother to check if everyone was on board and started driving when 3 people were still half way trying to climb in.

If you survive the ride up, the white water rafting itself is excellent as are the guides who are on each raft. They are very skilled and friendly and we felt very comfortable in their capable hands. My daughter and I both fell out of the raft on the first big rapid but our guide brilliantly managed to brake the raft onto a rock and grab both of us, all in what felt like a split second of us falling. He was so amazing that we felt no fear at all for the rest of the ride.

4 Thank Viv144

• Hebrew first
AUSTRALIA
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We really enjoyed our water rafting. We were given safety briefing and instructions prior to going onto the raft. There were 4 people per raft with one guide and personnel with safety ropes (on standby) by the banks of the river where the rapids were quite strong, just in case someone falls into the river. It was quite organised going through the bigger rapids, there were 5 rafts and each rafts took turn to go thru the rapids. Everyone had a fantastic time and got back in one piece! There were clean shower facilities at the end of the trip.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Great Rock Climbing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I did a climbing trip with two of my friends in Chiangmai in July and loved it! I had some previous experience climbing in a gym but never outdoors. Therefore, I needed some help but I only had one day so I definitely wanted to get some climbing in! Two more people joined our group so there was 5 of us and three guides. The guides were extremely helpful and their english was sufficient! They were also super fun! We were climbing for almost 8 hours! It was exhausting but sooo much fun. Even though there wasn't a ton of instruction and the guide was joking around a lot I felt safe the entire time. Lunch was nothing fancy but it was good! It was a lot of food but you also burn a lot with all of that climbing. I would suggest bringing a sports drink and maybe a power bar. Overall, a great trip for someone in pretty good shape, looking to have an exhilarating and challenging experience!

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A bit crap - ATV”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Went ATV'ing in July 2014. It seemed like a fun thing to do, if not all that culturally Thai. I figured we'd get to see some scenery though. They did seem a bit amateurish for the cost. They weren't really prepared for us, and we had to wait a while. The bikes feel like they're going to fall apart (which they didn't, and I guess they do get beat up a fair bit). The gears were occasionally hard to change, and the throttle was very stiff. The 3 hour ride took us through first through a track near the lake which had a few hairy parts to it. Then it was back to the depot, although I didn't know why.

Next we went up into the mountains, but the guides really didn't talk much with us, which sucked. I would have hoped they'd have a little local knowledge (such as what the farmers there were growing etc), but the girl didn't even know the names of the peaks around us. They just talked to each other in Thai and kind of ignored us.

Finally we finished by racing through a tall grass track which was great fun. They took us to a lunch spot down the road which was okay. The food was quite nice.

Overall I wouldn't recommend it. The bikes were trashed, but the scenery was great.

1 Thank Evanrm
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
157 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Having done the Tully in Qld, Aust, and Canada, I was looking forward to this.
The pick up minibus wreaked of petrol. Otherwise, the experience was first class.
Good professional guides who knew what they were doing as the run was tricky, but really enjoyable. We needed to use all commands to get out of some tight spots.
Equipment was good/working.
2 hour drive either way, but this is normal.
I want to come back from September during the rainy season!
The run would be awesome!
Some young English lasses who just flew in did this and among their whining, and non athletic prowess, seemed to love it too!

Visited June 2014