The Nest Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$539
US$454
Agoda.com
Le Meridien Chiang Mai(Chiang Mai)
US$109
US$78
US$45
US$38
Agoda.com
Yaang Come Village(Chiang Mai)
US$121
US$100
US$198
US$129
US$105
US$87
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed here for 7 nights was picked up late at night from the airport which is lovely after a lonnnnng flight.Location was great easy to walk or taxi around.Loved how quiet the area was you really get to see the locals.The room i had was large and the water bottle each day was wonderfull also the free wifi cant live without it now even on holiday.
Chang Mai was very clean and normal compared with bangkok I enjoyed it very much and will go back again Thanks

Room Tip: You have to walk up the stairs you may want a ground floor or close to if you dont want to walk
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Me and my friend were exchange students at Chiang Mai university and we lived at the nest for those 10 weeks. When we first arrived I was absolutely amazed by the beautiful rooms. Since we were going to stay for such a long time we wanted to have one room each so that's what we did. I absolutely loved staying at the nest. The room was cleaned every day and as soon as I finished school I could always walk into a clean and fresh room.
The staff was very nice and helpful.
The relax room was also very good for just sitting in, studying and socializing.
For us the location was very good since it was a 10 minute walking distance from our uni but it is a bit far away from the old town but that doesn't really matter because: 1 it's very close to kad suan kaew which is a very big shopping mall. 2. It's very close to nimmaheimen road and all of its "soi's" which have the best restaurants in Chiang Mai according to me. 3. The cost of gettin into town with a red taxi is only 20 baht.

I could recommend this to anyone who wants to stay at a calm, relaxing, friendly b&b.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Dberisha
Reviewed 3 March 2013

As stated in my review of All in 1 guest house, this was not a place I booked to stay in but was arranged for me. The manager Matthieu I found to be a great guy and very helpful. I changed rooms to an a/c room with a safety box. The price was cheaper at 550 Baht per night. No cards accepted though. The only other staff I had any contact with was the French-speaking Thai manageress who seemed to to take a dislike to me from day one and was rather rude in her dealings with me. I found this to be downright unprofessional. As a result, they were very reluctant to provide extra towels when requested. Booked a tour with them and I'm sure it was overpriced. The same with their recommended taxi services. The location was excellent as it was near the end of the Soi and its junction with the main road which was the edge of the old city. Bars and transport were available on the main road also. Reception only available till 8pm was another negative point. I also had a problem with the sink not draining properly. Matthieu tried to resolve this to no avail. Couldn't really change room as this was the only room of its kind on the ground floor. Overall would not recommend this unless the above issues don't bother you. Does have wifi now though.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Very good hotel, only stayed one night because of trekking in chiang mai.well worth looking out.Breakfast is the only thing i could critisice. would certainly go again.lovely furniture ,ambiance and quiet. Left the bags whilst going on a trek.returned hot and dirty, and we were allowed to use a shower,even though we were'nt staying at the guest house anymore.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ianpickynoo
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Staying at The Nest feels like staying in a friend's comfortable, Thai-decorated home. In fact, there are framed awards and family photos on the walls. The Nest is located in a very large, 3-storey town home next to and across from other town homes on a quiet, residential side street (soi) you wouldn't guess is located just a short walk from a shopping mall. Although the old city is a 15-20 minute walk away, there are plenty of good restaurants, bars, shops and spas just around the corner. A fabulous Thai cooking school, Basil Cookery, is just steps across the street and costs about $35 for an all-day course (You will leave there feeling fat and happy after all the yummy food you make).

Inside The Nest, there's a reception area, a living room with a TV, two dining tables, a bar with complimentary water, coffee and tea and 12 nicely decorated, comfortable guest rooms. Our lovely, en suite room was on the third floor with only one other room which I think might be part of the apartment where Pam, the friendly, English-speaking owner lives. In addition to great air conditioning and a fan, our en suite, wood-floored room contained two full beds (which we pushed together), a desk, a wardrobe, a side table, a small safe and a TV. Room service came every day and made the beds and provided clean towels. The free WiFi worked well in the room.

Every day, the complimentary breakfast was a buffet of eggs, toast, various fruit, yogurt, sausage, pastries, cereal and even savory Thai breakfast staples. We are thankful to the staff for providing a complimentary ride in their SUV to the Chiang Mai airport.

Our room cost about $40 a night. Laundry is about $1.35 a kilo for wash and dry.

• Stayed: January 2013