“Excellent way to learn Thai cooking”

Thai Orchid Cookery School
Ranked #6 of 78 Food & Drink in Chiang Mai
More attraction details
Owner description: Courses at the Thai Orchid Cooking School are based on the philosophy that a meal should be a beautiful thing, made with love and shared with love. The school was started by "A" and her family who have the same dream of sharing their love of Thai cooking with those who desire to learn how to cook delicious Thai food but also to experience the culture and poetry of Thai cuisine.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I cook Thai food at home all the time but it never tastes the same as in the restaurants. Now I know why, I was doing it all wrong. Kong and A were faultless in their instruction and fun Thai cooking experience. Met a group of lovely people, went to the market to learn about different Thai food, cooked 4 meals and sat as a group to eat and enjoy what we had learned. Thank you Kong and A

All reviews
in 26 reviews
"cookery book"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This was such a good experience and the highlight of our trip to Chiang mai. Kong is a great teacher, very knowledgeable and speaks good English. The market visit was more interesting than we were expecting and we learnt so much about Thai ingredients. There were 7 of us in total and all dietary requirements were met. I can't speak highly enough of Kong and A's customer service. Having small groups definitely helps to make the classes more personal too.
Only downside was that we didn't get to learn to make our own curry paste but the recipe book provided at the end explains how to do this which is great.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

We went to a cooking class with Kong at Thai Orchid on our first day in Chiang Mai; it was a busy time - right between Christmas and New Year. Kong was a wonderful teacher, patient and happy with everyone, including our 10 year old daughter at her first Thai cooking class. She even ate what she made, and not just the deep-fried spring rolls!

Reviewed 4 August 2017

My husband and I traveled in Thailand for our honeymoon and the Thai Orchid Cookery School was by far our favorite activity. Kong and his wife, A, provide a perfectly organized and very informative hands-on class. My husband and I are both teachers and were very impressed by their ability to teach complicated Thai dishes so easily! We learned a lot and now feel confident to make Thai dishes at home. Highly recommended.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

I'm not a good cook. But Kong and his team at the Thai Orchid Cooking School made me feel like one for the day!

As a Brit abroad who loves Thai food I was desperate to be able to recreate some of my favourite dishes when I get back home and now I truly feel equipped to do so!

After cooking a starter, curry, stir-fry and dessert I was completely stuffed by the time I left!

Being picked up directly from our hotel in an air conditioned minibus made the trip very easy and the trip to the market was really educational!

Kong also gave us lots of information about western equivalents of ingredients and where to buy what we needed when we were back home. The take home cookery book was very comprehensive and the perfect souvenir!

Thanks Kong