“Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #122 of 710 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

A little gem of a place in a really good location. Lots of good cafe and restaurants close by and a really nice outlook at a beautiful temple. The staff were super friendly and helpful & the rooms are really nice, clean and they have a good vibe. The place itself is colonial style and really makes you feel like you are in Thailand. Good value for money, I would defiantly stay again!

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Bryce Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
SF
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Pats is located in a great part of Chiang Mai's Old City quarter. The management was really nice and very helpful. The rooms were quiet clean and very functional. The cost was really reasonable for the services and location in Chang Mai. I would recommend this place for my friends and anybody who wants to travel on a budget but doesn't want to sacrifice quality.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

we loved everything about our stay here, it was our best stay in Thailand. The cosy hotel's interior is a great mix of new design (polished concrete) and traditional teak furniture which gives it a warm feel. The lounge and terrace are ideal to relax and have a drink after a day exploring.
The family who runs this place, is extremly friendly and welcoming!
The location is also ideal, within walking distance of most sights and markets.

I can highly recommend and would definitly stay again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BelgianChoco
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

My friends and I stayed at this hotel from 05th-08th Jan 2014. We arrived at the hotel around 9am and the staff helped us to check-in and store our belongings as our rooms are yet to be ready.
- Less than 15 minutes from Chiang Mai Airport
- You can stop the songthaew (truck transport) at right in front of this hotel
- Pat's Klangviang is less than 5 minutes walking distance from the landmarks - Wat Chedi Luang and Wat Phan Tao (it helps when the songthaew driver has no idea where this hotel is, and you can just ask them to drop you at either one of these temples)
- It takes less than 5 minutes to reach the Sunday Night Market too!
- If you planned to visit the White Temple at Chiang Rai, you could seek assistance from the staffs so that they could get you a taxi at bargain price.
- Great breakfast served (from 7am onwards)
- Bicycles for rental =)
- Nice and cosy patio + lobby
- Attentive + friendly staffs
- Nice and simple room that comes with TV, Mini-fridge, Hair dryer, WiFi, towel, hot water, body wash, shampoo, safety box

Definitely would come and stay here again.

Room Tip: Room no.3 has the view of a Wat opposite the hotel. It has a nice balcony and with a wooden chair.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

We arrived in Chaing Mai early needing a place to stay. During our stay they were super helpful with great recommendation for food and messages. Cozy little rooms, nice personal balcony, great food and front open patio.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have never stayed here before and decided to chose this place due to the location and its superb comments given in this website.
I stayed from 28-30th Dec 2013 with my husband. It is in a very good location, inner city area. The hotel room was pretty spacious and bedding is comfortable.
What I am very impressed was actually the breakfast. For small boutique hotels, they served really nice breakfast with nice coffee. The quality of the raw material being used are actually higher than usual standard of the small hotels such as Salad (Hydroponic leaves), nice wholewheat bread (not just farmhouse), real orange juice and nice coffee. Moreover, they also are very generous if you would like to have more and could easily ask for refill.
Addition to that, what I was really impressed is the service mind of the people/ owner of this small lovely place. They were very attentive to our requests and wanted to make sure that we felt really comfortable.

For anyone who would want to look for a small, private cozy place within the inner city of Chiang Mai, I strongly recommend this place. We will visit you again...Pat's Klang Vieng :)
Michelle & Koom

Room Tip: choose the room towards the back to get a more quiet one
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Greensborough, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Having stayed at Pat's several times over the last few years I was confident that this stay would be just as good. Unfortunately this was not the case.

We arrived past the check-in time to find our room was not ready. I had booked a long way in advance and asked for a room overlooking the street. I had expected that we would also be given the top floor room as this is has the much better view etc but instead we were given the room on the lower level.

I have to say the rooms really need updating. Ours was showing signs of wear and tear. The curtain - if you can call it that - blocked absolutely nothing and at night a street light shone straight in and hit us in the faces! I actually had to ask for a sheet to cover the window for the following nights so we could sleep. I can't believe this has not been complained about to the management before - or perhaps it has?

Breakfast was included but was not good value compared to other places nearby. The toast is just heated bread and being supplied just one slice of bacon is not acceptable. I asked for a glass of milk for my son as he does not drink juice of coffee and this was never supplied.
They have a sign advertising breakfast and we found they were getting quite a few people off the street to eat but they could not cope with the additional customers so the hotel guests were actually missing out on service. One morning we had to eat our breakfast at a coffee table inside because of the additional customers taking up tables and filling the place with cigarette smoke!

I was a bit disappointed to find the guy who worked there previously was not there. Don't get me wrong - the staff are very nice and try their best. But I think for the price they are charging you can do better in Chiang Mai. There is a lot of competition now and I think this place will need to up it's game.

Room Tip: The double bed rooms are TINY. If you don't mind sleeping in single beds I would recommend choos...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family