“Not what was expected” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #54 of 373 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Pheychabun
“Not what was expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Nice hotel in all respects staff friendly
However on the internet they offer 10% discount for stays of 3 or more nights and this was not given even when pointed out on the internet in the lobby, ok I am not hard up for the 400thb discount but it did gripe me a bit as I was expecting it when paying at the end of the stay. The off was on their special deals page by the way,
The bar in the restaurant closed a bit early for a hotel I thought (11 pm) as at the time there were about 8 customers drinking,no worries we just sent out to the local 7/11 for drinks.
The location down what can only be described as a back road was certainly different to the name of the place and transport will certainly be required to go any place. A free taxi is supplied to the night market though but do take the address of the hotel with you for the return trip.
Wold I stay there again -- not sure may have a look at other places food ok but not a huge choice. Thai standards the place is very good Western standard very average to poor.

Room Tip: request to look at the room first - there is a lift but it takes ages if kids are about
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mgcthai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Juneau, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Booked 4 nights here and overall really enjoyed the place. Really nice rooms (although the bathrooms could be cleaner) and good buffet breakfast. Our favorite part was the saltwater swimming pool... very clean and relaxing spot to hang out. Originally booked 2 nights through agoda and then decided to stay 2 more, but they wouldn't give us the agoda price so we had to book through the website again in order to get the best price which was kind of strange. Had a bad experience in the restaurant when I ordered a salad and there was a nasty caterpillar in it--do they wash the vegetables? So I was pretty freaked out to eat there from then on. They did offer to make me a new salad free of charge (which I declined) and they brought out a complimentary fruit plate as an apology. The next problem I had was with the air conditioner unit leaking throughout the night and getting my bag of clothes and my purse wet--there was a table to set your bags on directly under the A/C. I told the manager at reception about it in the morning and expected some sort of compensation for my iPod and wallet and clothes being wet, but they just said they'd have it fixed that day. So later on I had to go back and ask if they could provide me with a free laundry service since all of my clothes had been sitting wet and they reluctantly agreed to wash my things. I did not feel very comfortable with the people working here and I wish they would've offered some more support for my problems. They charged a fee to use their phone. The wifi in the room was strong. The location isn't too far from the center of town but it did become expensive to take a red car back and forth all the time. On a few occasions our drivers had a hard time finding the place. We didn't have much luck finding a better place to stay in the area but I'm sure this is not the best value around.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hannah_Lynn_22
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

Recommend this hotel. Great service, with really lovely, helpful staff. The rooms are comfortable and clean. there is an on-site restaurant with very yummy food. Complimentary very generous breakfast. 2 salt swimming pools, very clean & relaxing.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank JanStephenson13
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

We have loved our stay here! It's beautiful and serene, yet only a 100 baht tuktuk ride from the center of town. The pool is beautiful and everyone is friendly and helpful.
We were pleasantly surprised upon checkin when they have us a honeymoon gift by upgrading us to a rainforest villa. It has been beautiful!
Highly recommended if you're looking for something a bit calmer and more off the beaten track with great grounds and a nice staff.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank shirabr
Okinawa, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

My children( 6,3 and 1 yrs old) and I stayed at Rainforest Boutique in March.We had a family room and its atmosphere made us felt like home.
There're several things we like about this hotel.
First of all, I was looking for a kids' friendly, family hotel and Rainforest Boutique was the great option for us. Second, we're impressed with their services, cleaned room, yummy Thai and non-Thai food (they provided several options for food!), the staffs were very friendly to my children. We loved the shuttle bus service that took us to the night bazaar. Third, the location of the hotel is great, it took us only 10-12 minutes to get to downtown. I would recommend Rainforest Boutique to anyone that love to have a space for your children, freindly people around your children, good food for you and your family. We'll see you next time!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue D
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

This place isn't high class but for a budget find it's perfect!!
Good: - service is very good. I accidentally booked our dates a day early so when we arrived they seemed a bit confused but easily made the shift so that we simply changed our check in and check out without extra charge. Very nice!
- Nice little massage place for 300 bacht you can relax with a back, neck and head massage that's really nice
- Quick and efficient food
- Hotel restaurant has great range of food, reasonably priced that you can happily eat at the hotel
- Has two nice pools to swim and hang about in the sun
- have a free shuttle every night at 8pm for nightly bazaar.
- plenty of help and brochures to give you ideas of surroundings
- clean rooms with towels and working safe, a/c and tv

Bad: the location is about 15 mins from the airport ( we paid 120 bacht + 50 bacht airport fee)
- the internet is good mostly on the bottom floor and being on the top 5th floor, it can be intermittent and doesn't work well on my iphone.
- noise can carry through the doors and windows quite easily if people are walking by but not an overly noisy area.
- the hotel has a general worn appearance and could be touched up

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hannah W
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

First time in Thailand. Travelled with my boyfriend.

Location - Stayed at this hotel while in Chiang Mai. I wanted a hotel with a pool so that's why I chose it. Though it was about a 15 minute ride into the centre, I did not mind at all. They have nightly free shuttle buses to the night bazaar which is really helpful. Just wait in the lobby at 8pm. They are good with time. From the airport it's about 15-20 minutes. Down an alley and in a area that's pretty quite. And when you get a tuk-tuk or red truck to drive you back to the hotel, never pay more than 150 baht for 2 ppl. Make sure you have the address of the hotel. Most drivers do know where it is.

Rooms and service - Rooms were exceptional. Honestly it's just a place to sleep while your travelling. You have a bathroom with a shower sink and toilet. It was quite comfortable and roomy. Wifi strength was okay. They clean your room everyday which is always nice.
The hotel staff were very helpful about anything we needed. They were wonderful.

Breakfast -The buffet breakfast was in the restaurant above the pool. It's an outdoor restaurant so bugs are there. Can't really help it if there's flies. Usual egg station, bacon as well. Some Thai food and also a bread and juice station.

Restaurant - Can't comment because we ate outside the hotel.

Pool - nice size to swim in. Nice lounge chairs. Perfect!!!!!

Beware - Mosquitos !!! Just bring some repellent. They one out at night. I didn't find any in our rooms. Mostly in the lobby.

Go on a Sunday !!!! The best night market I have been to. Cheap food ( 30 baht !!!! ) and awesome things to buy. Only on a Sunday though. Different from night bazaar. It's called the Sunday walking street night market.

Overall me and my boyfriend loved this hotel. If I ever go back I would return to this hotel.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple