“Best experience ever! Staff made it amazing”

Rainforest Boutique
Ranked #51 of 386 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Dublin, Ireland
“Best experience ever! Staff made it amazing”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Loved this hotel! Staff were very friendly and helpful. The best part of this hotel was the taxi service they have with a Thai family who are located just outside the hotel. (Mr Lucky...So friendly!) This family were amazing!! They took us anywhere we wanted to go (and even stayed waiting for us to bring us back when we did day trips) they showed us all the best tours and activities we could do, and I would 100% recommend to do Zip Lining! They went out of their way to help us and even offer a very cheap laundry service which saved us even leaving the hotel.

Breakfast was also a nice treat in the morning. Very nice pancakes! Very quiet and traditional hotel which was very relaxing before we headed off to the craziness of the Full Moon Party!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Aoibh2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

The rainforest is à great hotel. The personnel is very helpful and helps you to make reservation for all the activities. They search with you for the most suitable activities. Rooms are clean en sufficient. Very good breakfast (Thai and Western). The price/ quality ratio is very, very good. It's located nearby Chiangmai.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank SandervB
Echuca
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We found the staff helpful and friendly when ever we asked a question about tours. the breakfast menu was fine with quite a range of food suitable for many people from all over the world..The room we had was clean although dimly lit.. the shower was over the bath with the hose fitting a bit short for tall people to use. we had plenty of hot water though..No problems with wifi in our room and the air conditioner worked well. We used a tuk tuk from the old city to the hotel and it cost 100 baht and took about 10 minutes depending on the traffic.. Getting laundry done was expensive. over all a reasonable experience..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank EchucaJulie
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My wife stayed a couple of years ago in this Hotel and liked it a lot and so we booked it again. But this time the experience was not very good. The Room that we good was very old, dirty and should have been renovated a couple of years ago... We complained and got a room in the new wing. This room was much better, nice decorated, good big bath tub and we were happy. But than it started - for three days out of 4 there was no warm water - so we could not really use the bath tub... We asked about it and the staff just worked on it, but it did not work well. The breakfast is very bad for a Thai Hotel - we have traveled more than 10 times in Thailand and have stayed in all kind of places but this was really not good. As well the Internet did not work very well in our room. It always lost connections.
The Hotel is a bit out of town but that is okay.
Alltogether: It could be a great Hotel. The set up is nice and if the owners would invest a little bit in the upkeep than it would be a great place. Also, when we complained about the water - the staff not once said that they were sorry or anything like that. Too bad - we will not come again. It seems to me that the owners once cared for the place and now have decided to just make cash. Sad...

Room Tip: Ask for the new wing!!!!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014

On our third week of travelling around Thailand, we checked in at this hotel. It was priced slightly lower than the others we had chosen to stay in but not that much.
I had chosen the hotel based mainly on reviews here.
There was 5 of us, staying in 2 rooms. Myself and my friend were sharing. Our room was extremely dingy and poorly lit. On inspection, our shower head did not attach to the wall and our air con was leaking. We requested to change rooms and moved across the hall. Again, our room was extremely dingy and had practically no natural light. In addition out safety deposit box did not work. The safety box in our friends room could be lifted out!

The carpets in the hotel were stained as was the bed linen. Laundry prices were also insane.
Having booked a trip, we were charged an outrageous price. When we booked a trip through the diver the next day, it was considerably lower. Where is this money going?

The restaurant, if you chose to eat there, was over priced and included a 10% service charge. Outrageous considering it too is dimly lit and worn.
Breakfast is average. After going for breakfast for 3 consecutive days, I was asked for my coupon on the 4th day. I had left it in my room but volunteered my room no. This was not good enough. As my room mate had popped out, I had no access to my room so I asked at reception for another voucher, only to be told my room number should have been sufficient. Farcical.
All things considered, this was ok. Sure, I had expected better based on the reviews here, but I was willing to let it slide.

Then it came to check out. What I can only describe as a cacophony of errors ensued. I handed over my card, only for it to be declined. When I checked my account however, the transaction was listed as 'pending.'
So basically the hotel/bank had messed up. The hotel did NOT believe me and this lead to it taking an hour for us to check out, bearing in mind we had a flight to catch.
Overall, I would not recommend this establishment.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Dearbhl
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Didn't start great as we didn't get picked up at the airport but probably our fault for not confirming. It's a nice location just outside the main bit of the city just a short tuktuk ride and the hotel does free shuttle to the night bazzar. Nice pool very refreshing after a day in town. However the room was pretty average, my shower didn't attach to the wall luckily we had adjoining rooms so I could use my friends. My bed was great but theirs was rock hard. The staff weren't as helpful as at other hotels we had stayed but they were friendly enough. Breakfast was good and they do yummy cocktails! So overall this hotel is fine but don't expect to be impressed. I think we would rather have been more in the town but that's our opinion.

Stayed July 2014
HK
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Lovely small hotel, great for families (we booked the family room with two bed- and bathrooms), location a bit out from the city centre, but easy to reach with taxi or Tuc Tuc.
Great attentive staff, nice pool and simple but good breakfast. Would highly recommend it!
(You might want to choose another hotel if you like the big and fancy 5* hotel chains).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family