Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Lukas R
Port Elizabeth, South Africa

what a great hotel!

Review of MO Rooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Oct 2012
we loved this place! beautiful rooms, very nice restaurant (mos penne are great!) and nice staff. the pool is also great to cool down after a hot day in chiang mai - and since no one seems to use it, you are always alone in it (ok, have to admit, the pool is in the center of the hotel, so you are not really alone).
each room is different and we stayed in the dog and dragon, both of which are great. i would recommend the bigger rooms, because the small ones can be a bit too small. best is to take a look at all of them and then decide.
in front of some rooms you have little places to sit outside, which is really nice.

overall, a great place! very design-driven and special!

as there is always something to improve: breakfast is a bit limited, but very tasty. some parts of the rooms seem a bit worn. and the air conditioning is quite noisy in the two rooms we were in.
Date of stay: October 2012
Room Tip: the bigger rooms are better (e.g. ox, dog, dragon)
Trip type: Travelled with family
4.2 miles from MO Rooms
    £42
2.2 miles from MO Rooms
View more hotels in Chiang Mai
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Let me start by saying I really like this hotel. It’s a very unique place to stay, great location and the staff is very friendly. When making a reservation make sure you have their website up so you see what each room looks like because none of them are the same. And that’s what’s really cool about this place; the room you stay in will be like nothing you’ve seen before. Or at least I haven’t seen anything like it. Here’s a tip: Once you’re there be sure to walk around and checkout the entire hotel as it has a lot of nooks and special areas for relaxing and lounging. If you’re looking for a big pool or spa, Mo isn’t for you. But if you have a couple of bucks to spare and want to check out something pretty cool, I’d recommend it.

Room tip: All of them are differnent so have their website up when you reserve.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank traveler99089
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed in Mo Rooms "The Horse" room for 1 night. It was going to be our treat for the last night in Chiang Mai, but was not worth the money.

The rooms and the hotel do look really nice and interesting and some of the staff was also friendly and helpful (not everyone though). The first guy refused to show us any of the rooms before booking. Only later when a girl was working we were allowed to look at 2 of them to decide. The first guy kept being unfriendly to us during our whole stay though.

But for 2400 Baht for 1 night without sleep, it´s definately overpriced.
Next door was a bar with live-music until 2 in the morning...the only thing being even louder than the music was the aircon in the room, it sounded like a truck engine.
Additionally one whole side of the room is a glass window, but with only white light curtains and a bright streetlamp right in front of it, the room is fully lit the entire night.
The bathroom is also open in the room, just with a little glass and curtain in front, but no safety from noise and smell.
The pool was closed the whole time for cleaning, which might have been just us being unlucky.

Have a look at the rooms they are nice, but think about if you really wanna spend that much money, where you can get better and cheaper elsewhere in Chiang Mai.

We would not recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank paul c
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed all over northern Thailand. Mos room was going to be my treat for one night. I stayed in the snake room. The bathroom sink had a big crack in it , there was mould on the shower curtain, rubbish left from the previous guest, windows that were not sealed as well as doors which the room had Mosquitos and bugs in it, Air con was loud and to top it off I got The runs after eating there breakfast.
As previous reviewers have said I found the staff very standoffish
On a positive note the pool area looked lovely and they have a great elevator.
I would not recommend this hotel as there is so much better choice for the price I paid which was around $70 AUD for the night

Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank wendy004
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I made reservation through hotel's web (enable you to choose a specific room) and was satisfied with room design very much. The design was beyond my expectation.

The location was excellent because it is near Tape Gate and convenient to go to Sunday market.

The pool is small but may be good for chidren. In fact, some family with children used it.

Caution: I used credit card to pay. The hotel's bill had showed both Thailand money and Japanese money. When I received a spec from credit card company afterwards, I found that just this hotel showed Japanese money (while all the other 4 hotels did Thailand money and the exchange rates were reasonable) and the exchange rate was very bad. It costs almost 70 TB for one night! Incredible! I am dissatisfied very much. I recommend to pay with CASH for this hotel. Or should receive a bill with only Thailand money.

Room tip: Monkey room I stayed is in 3rd floor so quite. I saw this room's photo was used in print material in the restaurant. I guess this room is representative for this hotel. Rat room and so in the 1st floor is near a pool and may be humid and noisy(young guests messed aroud in the pool)
Date of stay: May 2012
1  Thank a la m
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Mo rooms obviously, has unique very nice rooms. I stayed in both the rabbit room and the rat room and they are both very cozy. I liked the rat room better because there was more storage space. The courtyard with swimming pool is gorgeous. There is a bar/ restaurant (though it closes early) and the location is perfect between the night market and the old city.
However, I was not crazy about my stay at mo rooms. My main negative point is that I found the staff to be standoffish and cold. Though some of them were nice, many gave the impression of being bothered if I had a practical question. I got the impression they are also not used to single travelers here. Secondly, there was no mosquito screen on the door, and as all the rooms have individual entrances, there were mosquito's in my room.
In short, Mo rooms is definitely a must do, to experience the spectacular rooms, but it is a one night thing.

Room tip: The rat room is better than the rabbit room
Date of stay: July 2012