“dream suite 5*”

Bed and Terrace Guesthouse Chiang Mai
Ranked #57 of 833 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 February 2014

a real gem in a perfect location, 5 minute walk away from the night bazaar, and few mins walk away from the moat. me and my partner stayed here for 6 nights in December 2013 we found the staff to be flawless, helpful and attentive. room was cleaned to a high standard everyday. this is a family run guesthouse and all the staff are friendly and always willing to help with anything you may need, helped us with booking excursions, and recommending things to do and places to visit. We highly recommend this guesthouse and we intend to stay there again this year. the rooms was extremely spacious with a big tv with English channels, no noise at night.

Room Tip: dream suite, situated on the top floor (only one up there) has amazing 360 degree view of chiang mai...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zomgie

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Located in the center of town and having the most helpful staff and clean and spacious rooms, this guesthouse made me feel welcome and at home.
I had an amazing time in this town and rested well in my room on the top floor (even though I only stayed for 2 nights) - If I ever return to Thailand, I'm definitely coming back here once in Chiang Mai!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Super friendly and exceptionally accommodating staff. The place is very cozy and clean with spacious rooms and large windows. My husband and I really enjoyed staying here. Would definitely come back to this place if we were to travel to Chiang Mai again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natalya s
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Room- large, fridge tv safe desk side tables Airconditoners balcony DVD player
Hot water- better than some but still unable to have a strong Hot shower like westerners like because a high flow means colder water. Large queen bed very hard as in all Thailand but quilt is far too small for tall people. Room is cleaned daily. Very clean but normal wear and tear as would be expected . Very good wifi free.

Reception: very friendly, always security conscious, doors are locked at 11pm and we have our own key to get in the security gates, smooth check in, good English level spoken

Location: great except noisy due to motorbikes and tuk tuks on the street from early hours, school next door so plenty of passing traffic early morning

Overall- a good location possibly a little overpriced, suggest larger quilts, and a room not next to the road. Would suggest breakfast should be included at the 800bt per night in line with other guesthouses that offer it

Room Tip: Not near the road - noisy
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We always stay here when we come to Chiang mai, the staff are lovely and are always genuinely friendly and interested in asking how you are and saying hello, the rooms are spotlessly clean and large with huge windows on two sides so you don't feel claustrophobic like some hotels, and are tinted for privacy, as well as beautiful views from most rooms to the mountain, the location is very quiet and a quick walk into the busy part of town for restaurants markets etc, highly recommended!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank happyantix
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Great place to stay!

Although not as central as I'd have liked it to be, it wasn't a hassle to get to at all. We barely ever needed to get tuktuks, except when we were rushing to catch something.

Easy 10 minute walk to the Night Market, and an easy 12 minute walk to Tha Phae Gate, which is sooo beautiful and a great place to just bike around.

Dia ("Dee-ya," not sure how to spell his name) greeted us very warmly when we got there. He was super friendly and welcoming!

The double bed air-conditioned room was great! Not huge, but with plenty of room for our bags and souvenirs. It was very tastefully designed and didn't feel like a budget hotel at all!

The bathroom did take some getting used to -- not having a shower curtain was quite annoying, but not bad enough for me to remove a star from their rating.

The 3 flights of stairs were quite tedious, but, hey, you're traveling. Expect to do some physical activity or you'll miss out :p

The roosters were there, but only woke me up on the first night. I'm from Southeast Asia too so they don't really bother me that much :p

If you book tours before 9AM like we did, just walk to the nearby 7/11. It's a cultural experience trying their local microwaveable meals!

The whole family was really nice. We accidentally spilled pen ink on the sheets and felt sooo bad about it. We brought it downstairs to show them and they were so nice about it! They seemed to really appreciate our honesty.

Altogether, a great place to stay in Chiang Mai. Don't stay there if you want to be in the middle of the action, but if you're on a budget, want comfort and privacy, then book here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights recently and we both loved it. When you first arrive you are greeted with smiles and a very easy and laid back check in process. The room we had was very nice, lots of light, comfortable bed. We were facing the road and had a balcony but because of its location, its really quiet, especially at night. If you're not awake by 9am in the morning, you will be awoken by the school kids singing and dancing in the school courtyard next door which is great.

Its only a 10 minute walk to the night bazaar, restaurants etc and 10 minute walk in the other direction to the main gate of the old city. You can't really get a better location without sacrificing a good nights sleep.

The service we received was really good. We mainly dealt with a young guy and a girl who were always smiling, said hello every time they saw us, gave us tips and advice (not trying to sell us tours) on what to do. On the second to last day, I went down stairs to ask a few questions and was greeted by an old lady. I thought my questions might go unanswered due to the language barrier but she actually had unbeleiveably good English. She offered me some bananas from her garden, we spoke for a while and of I went with all the answers I needed.

Overall, this place is just fantastic for everything. I would not think twice about staying there if we ever return to Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple