Me and my wife stayed at the Sirilanna for seven nights from 21st November 2011 until the 28th November 2011. I enjoyed our stay very much and would stay there again.
1. Very good location in the Old City. Restaurants, Massage Parlours, Shops, Laundry's all within walking distance. Night Bazaar, Saturday and Sunday Walking Markets all walking distance.
2. Taxis available as soon as you walk out of hotel either on the street corner or passing by.
3. Staff are very polite and friendly although some them had very poor English
4. Rooms are a decent size and very quirky with a Thai Lanna style and a very quirky bathroom. A decent Jacuzzi in the bathroom.
5. A choice of three types of breakfast; American, Continental and Thai. Freshly made and good portions which easily keep you going until lunch.
6. Decent WIFI across hotel
7. Very nice transport from Airport and back.
1. We stayed on the top floor which is two Storeys up. We could hear all the passers by, Cars, drunken tourists from street level. If your a very light sleeper, than this will be a problem.
2. The curtains in the room were definitely not Black out curtains. The Street lights lit up the room and the room was light and bright as soon as the first rays of sunshine came out in the morning.
3. We stayed in room 303. There was some neglect of the room. The cupboards and wardrobes could do with tightening of the screws and some WD40. Bathroom could also do with some touch ups ie some of the silicon was mouldy around the bath tub and showers. I also noticed a few loose tiles.
4. Mosquito's were also a bring problem. As the room was not far from ground level, as soon as sunset hit they were everywhere. We just made sure we kept our balcony door shut after dark to stop them getting in.
5. TV has about 40 Channels but most of them don't work or have very poor reception.
I have no hesitation in staying here again and have made a point about the negative aspects so other TAs are aware. This is a unique hotel in a great location but you are staying at a very good 3.5 Star possibly push it to a basic 4 star, definitely not a 5 star hotel!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sirilanna Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sirilanna Hotel Chiang Mai