The good; friendly staff / rooms are nice / food is good / a/c works / nice view / internet works
The not so good;
- location is outside Chiang Mai, so transportation is limited (taxi is 240bhat into town)
- cobwebs from light fixtures in rooms
- communications with each of the two owners were not consistent causing stress and dissatisfaction
- very low water pressure, sometimes no hot water
- advertise that airport connections are included. Not the case. We booked a total of 16 room nights, with a 2 day trip in the middle to a small village further north. Thus 2 pick-ups and 2 drop-offs. I had to pay for 3 of the 4.
- 500bhat for cooking class, which was great..but you are not told you are charged another 350baht to eat the food you cooked !!
We have stayed at 3 other guest houses in Chaing Mai previously. I scored all of them 4 or 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tonnam is a traditional Thai house on the Ping River bank. The property includes 6 bungalows around an infinity edge swimming-pool and 4 bedrooms in the teak house. Each accommodation has its own private bathroom with hot water and its balcony with swimming pool and/or river view. At home, we organize Thai cooking classes and massages with professional masseuse. On your arrival, you will always be personally welcomed by the owners themselves: Cecile and Yul. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tonnam Homestay Hotel Chiang Mai