“VERY NICE PLACE, VERY NICE PEOPLE!!”
Review of Muan Baan

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Muan Baan
Ranked #353 of 777 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed here for the majority of my 3 month break in Chiang Mai... The people are very friendly, polite and helpful, its a comfortable cosy little guest house perfectly located with a ten min walk of all the night spots and just far enough to be peaceful and relaxed... all amenities are close by and it is a very safe and clean establishment... 12/10 Muan Baan... Thank You for having me!!! I will see you again on my next visit!! :D

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Muan Baan

Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

The room was small, as was the bathroom, but it was clean and comfortable.
The food and drinks are not cheap, but not expensive either. The front coffee shop has a great little area to sit, drink, chat and use the wifi, which is not great, but not bad either.
The location was very good, and you can get nice cheap food nearby.

The only issue we had was that we had to check out at 8am; which is not particularly early, but a little, I guess. And when we went to check out, no one was around. We waited for at least 40 mins for someone to arrive and no one did. Eventually we just left out key somewhere they would find it and left.

But would recommend for a cosy, short stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Amazing breakfast in a cool garden replete with a fish pond and awesome music. High quality lattes. Good granola, fruit, and muesli. Our favorite breakfast place in Chiang Mai. Don't miss it! Don't know much about the hotel though so apologies if this review is misplaced!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The rooms in this guest house are really nice, we had a great balcony, nice coffee place and great location but it was bitterly let down by being kept awake by the management staff and their friends sitting up late being really loud talking and shouting at the top of their voices. I had to get out of bed, get dressed and go down at midnight to ask them to either change my room to one of the quiet small ones with no balcony at the back or to keep it down. They were very apologetic and did keep the noise down after that but it really shouldn't have come to that, surely they should be the ones making sure it's quiet for their guests! There was no apology the next day either.

In addition the hot shower they'd promised me (I checked when we checked in) was luke warm if that and when they came to check it they admitted it was broken. I was offered one of the small rooms at the back but when he checked, that shower didn't have hot water either so I had to use the communal bathroom. No discount was offered for this.

The other bug bear for me was that they do not provide soap or toilet roll which is a really small thing but makes a big difference, I would expect this for 400 bht a night. CM Blue House was booked up but they give you all those things plus a fridge for 350!

In summary I'd say it's a really nice place but they don't seem that bothered about being a guest house unfortunately, they must be more focused on their coffee shop business. A few very small changes (hot shower, quiet management at night and toilet roll and soap) would make it excellent.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 22 January 2012

The place lies in soi 7 on Moon Muang road, which is in the old Chiang Mai, but on the very edge of it. It's a really quiet and nice place.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Muan Baan is a funky garden bar, they have low priced drinks and all the staff is friendly and they all speak English. Brilliant music too.

Room Tip: they're all pretty good, start at about 100baht per night.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank james q
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I stayed here for 10 days in early September. The rooms are clean and have a unique charm.

The best thing about this guesthouse however is the bar and friendly staff.

The best cup of coffee that I have tasted in my two years back and forth to Chiangmai. The hot latte and cappuccino are amazing as is the ice latte.

In the evening the garden is beautifully lit, plays relaxing tunes and the bar serves a vast range of cocktails, beers, coffee and wine.

All in all a great relaxing place to base yourself in the centre of Chiangmai.

• Stayed: September 2011