“Nice food”

Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: Thai, British, Cafe
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: An easy going bar with great quality pub food. Take your time and chill over a coffee, fruit shake, ice cream, baquette or try our delicious Thai or western main courses. If you want to mingle with the locals then pop in for the busy weekly specials: Our quiz night on Tuesdays, fish & chips Fridays or our roast dinner from midday on Sundays. We are trying to maintain that old style chilled feel with teak, bamboo and plants. If you want modern then this isn't the place for you.
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Visited here for breakfast. The large English breakfast was very good, and if you prefer a smaller breakfast is available.
This is accompanied by tea, coffee or orange juice.
Not the fist time we have been there and we hope to return shortly.
Well worth a visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Someone been told us this place is an awesome food, they do different dishes every single day. We prefered on Sunday roasted.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Came here twice, once for breakfast and the second time for dinner and quiz

Absolutely beautiful settings with a rustic setting and a beautiful garden

Food is amazing. I had a big breakfast (3pm, loved it!) And penne pasta as well as a tom yum and it was brilliant. Second time we come we had dinner and both western and Thai dishes were above reproach. Absolutely works because w loving husband and wife team take care of every detail of this place. Would totally recommend it to all visitors and expats to Chiang man! 10/10

Reviewed 10 February 2018

I'm on the hunt for a decent protein packed full cooked breakfast to replenish me after my morning running in Chiang Mai. A quick google and this place came up as one, if not the best in the city. A post-race shower and I was on my motorbike for the ten minute ride to Archers. I've received warmer welcomes and by the time the waitress decided to put down her mobile phone and give me a menu and then to come back and take my order I was famished. My hunger pangs gave me no option other than to opt for the big breakfast, selecting the fried eggs option and coffee choice. I pointed out that the loud rock music wasn't good, to which she replied 'Why?' I'll put the lack of customer care down to being lost in translation. With me being the sole customer, I wonder 'why', it didn't take long for my big breakfast to appear and it didn't disappoint, at last a decent sausage, and not just a single one but a pair of the tasty pork sizzlers. No complaints about the fried eggs, bacon or the hot baked beans, hash browns or grilled tomatoes either. However dumping the two slices of wholemeal toast on top of the meal isn't how to impress people. This was soon rectified though by a simple request to the waitress. The coffee was decent too and I appreciated the fact that it came with real milk and no satchels of sugar which are normally placed on the saucer, that said, I don't like these small standard white mugs that it is served in and I had to ask for a fill up half way through my meal. Which I was charged 50 bhat for. All in all it hit the spot though and I'll probably be back, I actually thought I might return in the evening to watch the football but the owner who has invested in a West Ham United banner for the wall and a large screen tv, hasn't invested in cable provision to allow him, and others, to watch the football. Never mind, presumably the rock music is still playing in the evenings.

1  Thank Ian G
Archersbar, Owner at Archer's, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Really happy you enjoyed the breakfast and thank you for the review.

Sorry you didn't like the music, which is an eclectic mix, not just rock and should have been on very low volume at that time in the morning. A bit like music, sport isn't to everyones taste and almost every establishment in the old shows it, therefore I chose to stop playing the games several years ago. You probably enjoyed the coffee because its made using an expresso machine and this is why a coffee size mug is used. It also explains why a top up isn't possible and a charge is made for a second cup.

Thank you for noticing the West Ham flag and subliminally supporting my team - I'm forever blowing bubbles - come on you hammers!

Cheers and hope to see you again

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

After looking on Google for the best British restaurant, Archers is top of the list. We went there and omg, on the menu it’s a proper full English fry up, bangers and mash, kebab, Sunday roast, pie and mash etc. I had a full English beekkie for my dinner and couldn’t fault it!!! My partner loved his kebab too with chips. Go here if you want some “home” food !!!