Ping Nakara is a heavenly confection of white colonial architecture that seems to be utterly flawless in every way. We were overwhelmed the moment we entered their spacious lobby at how well this 19th century building had been restored with such utter perfection. Only the tiny cracks in the 1890s tile floor gave away the building's age. Adjacent to the reception hall is a cozy bar and a sumptuous library with views of the pool as well as a veranda. The hotel has only 19 rooms. Deluxe rooms have private balconies and overlook the pool. No tiny detail has been overlooked. Even the container of cold drinking water beside the pool fit the elegant period decor flawlessly. What we did not know until we ended our tour was that the hotel was built only two years ago and that the little cracks in the tile floor had been painstakingly painted by hand.
Ping Nakara is centrally located but on a quiet street separated from the river by a small plantation. Unlike hotels along the river, it is not prone to seasonal flooding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa. Set in the awe-inspiring colonial style of the early 1900’s, the Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa is located at the heart of Chiang Mai’s vibrant business centre and entertainment venues. The hotel is just a five minute walking distance from Chiang Mai’s famous Night Bazaar to the numerous riverside restaurants, while at the same time allowing guests to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the natural surroundings. The three-storey hotel with a central elevator boasts of 19 luxury guestrooms, all individually styled and elegantly furbished with the colonial charm. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all the rooms including a TV, DVD player and a free mini bar. The hotel's restaurant offers a wide variety of food from authentic Thai cuisine to Western dishes. Coffee and tea, soft drinks, wines and liquor are served at the Lobby Bar, and guests can enjoy their drinks in the comfort of the library or at the peaceful verandah by the outdoor pool. For holistic health and relaxation, guests can unwind and enjoy the genuine Ayurvedic treatment from the hotel’s Nakara Spa. Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa offers a broad range of services, facilities and amenities designed to provide personalized service and first class hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel Chiang Mai
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel And Spa