Our experience with Ping Nakara started with an airport pickup from a lovely girl representing the hotel. 15 minutes from the airport, we pull up to the hotel which is filled with charm and history. Its colonial plantation design elements are beautiful up close.
We were escorted to the parlor and were given cold drinks (I believe it was pandan juice). From there we could see were were in a beautiful establishment filled with warm staff.
We spent 3 nights and made sure we made use of every room in the hotel. Whether it was sitting on the terrace out front, the portico overlooking the pool, and meals in the dining room. Lots of great conversations over food and drink were born there. The pool is clean and serene, our room was also clean and lovely. The must have noticed on my passport it was my birthday, and surprised me with a plate of sweets in my room with a very nice note wishing me a happy birthday.
Our favorite moments at the hotel were at breakfast time. The buffet offered beautiful foods: fresh tropical fruits and vegetables, small bite sized pieces of banana bread, vegetables and other continental items. The server would then offer a menu of hot items breakfast items, I always had a beautiful omelet with a side of roasted vegetables and finished it off with a delicious cafe latte. It was a very complete breakfast and a great way to start the day.
We also had a wonderful time speaking with the staff - from the men and women at the front desk, the bar, the restaurant. A wonderful concierge took a lot of time to explain historical facts and folklore that we otherwise would have never have known and would have been lost out as we toured beautiful Chiang Mai.
Its a shame that my favorite boutique hotel is now a half a world away from me. I look forward to the day I return to Chiang Mai and stay at lovely and charming Ping Nakara.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa. Set in the awe-inspiring colonial style of the early 1900’s, the Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa is located at the heart of Chiang Mai’s vibrant business centre and entertainment venues. The hotel is just a five minute walking distance from Chiang Mai’s famous Night Bazaar to the numerous riverside restaurants, while at the same time allowing guests to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the natural surroundings. The three-storey hotel with a central elevator boasts of 19 luxury guestrooms, all individually styled and elegantly furbished with the colonial charm. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all the rooms including a TV, DVD player and a free mini bar. The hotel's restaurant offers a wide variety of food from authentic Thai cuisine to Western dishes. Coffee and tea, soft drinks, wines and liquor are served at the Lobby Bar, and guests can enjoy their drinks in the comfort of the library or at the peaceful verandah by the outdoor pool. For holistic health and relaxation, guests can unwind and enjoy the genuine Ayurvedic treatment from the hotel’s Nakara Spa. Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa offers a broad range of services, facilities and amenities designed to provide personalized service and first class hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel Chiang Mai
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel And Spa