This hotel is overpriced for what you get. Period. I don't know how it's supposedly a five star hotel. Realistically, it's a three star.
We stayed for three nights on a honeymoon trip and it was the most disappointing of the five hotels we stayed in throughout Asia. Why, you ask?
The hotel is not historic (built in 2009), but was constructed to look old. Apparently, to the owners of the hotel, that means it has long cracks in the floors, walls, ceilings that appear to have mildew in them. The rooms are rather stark, dark and tacky with faux wall treatments. The rooms are noisy, as the windows let all the traffic sounds in when closed. Based on the high price of the hotel, you'd expect a higher quality of construction and interior design.
Staff members were pleasant enough. Breakfast didn't have the selection you'll find at other, actual high-end hotels. Overall, I felt like I had made a big mistake when I walked into the Le Meridien a few blocks away, which gets far lower reviews on TA, and saw how much the Ping Nakara paled in comparison. Don't believe the hype. Save your money for something worthwhile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa. Set in the awe-inspiring colonial style of the early 1900’s, the Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa is located at the heart of Chiang Mai’s vibrant business centre and entertainment venues. The hotel is just a five minute walking distance from Chiang Mai’s famous Night Bazaar to the numerous riverside restaurants, while at the same time allowing guests to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the natural surroundings. The three-storey hotel with a central elevator boasts of 19 luxury guestrooms, all individually styled and elegantly furbished with the colonial charm. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all the rooms including a TV, DVD player and a free mini bar. The hotel's restaurant offers a wide variety of food from authentic Thai cuisine to Western dishes. Coffee and tea, soft drinks, wines and liquor are served at the Lobby Bar, and guests can enjoy their drinks in the comfort of the library or at the peaceful verandah by the outdoor pool. For holistic health and relaxation, guests can unwind and enjoy the genuine Ayurvedic treatment from the hotel’s Nakara Spa. Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa offers a broad range of services, facilities and amenities designed to provide personalized service and first class hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel Chiang Mai
- Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel And Spa