“Very Comfortable Stay....”

Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 393 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights and we loved it.

The room was huge, clean, quiet, with a massive bathroom and balcony. Mini bar refilled everyday with snacks and drinks.

Semi buffet breakfast was great, lots of options on the menu including European and Thai style. Coffee was nice too.

Reception staff were very helpful. We forgot the pin of our security box and they came up to our room around midnight and helped unlock it.

The only thing was the WIFI reception was a bit poor and unstable in the room.

There are not many shops within 5 mins walking distance, so get what you need before traveling back to the hotel.

Overall great, we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Beautiful British Colonial style hotel. You are treated like royalty the entire time. Great breakfast by the pool. Complimentary mini bar and snacks, luxury spa bath products. Room is sumptuous. Charming and romantic. Staff was so very friendly and anxious to please

Room Tip: Courtyard view is beautiful
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank wake15272
Reviewed 19 August 2014

If you enjoy small ,boutique hotels then the Ping Nakara is the perfect place to stay.The staff are very friendly and taught me several phrases in Thai.The gardens and pool area are beautiful , as is the presentation of the entire hotel. Little touches such as the flowers on your pillow with beautiful messages on them , really made you feel very special.Location wise , you are ideally situated for the river and Night cruises and Tuk Tuks are readily available to take you to the Old Town etc.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights, and everything about the stay was perfect. The staff were wonderful and helpful from front desk, security, house keeping and the restaurant. The pool was lovely, breakfasts were fresh and delicious. Nothing about this place can be faulted. We were in the rooms to the back of the hotel on the top floor. The size and intimate setting of this hotel gives it all its charm. This is my second visit and it definately wont be my last.

Room Tip: I loved my room to the back of the hotel, i had a small private balcony that overlooked the street b...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leanneaus
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed for 4 nights in July. After reading some of the reviews I was a bit concerned about the street noise and asked for a quiet room. I got a fairly quiet room where one could still hear the road a bit, but that was no problem at all and actually increased the special charm of the hotel. For me the noise can belong to a place like a landmark. Or can you imagine a small Italian town without people talking loudly in the street or without any motorcycle noise? People who want a sound-proof room of business hotels should probably stay elsewhere. But if you are looking for a special experience, then this may be for you.

I really enjoyed this hotel. The decor, starting with the carpets in the room, the big bath tub, the bed, the fabrics and textiles, made me feel being truly on holiday. My room also had a nice balcony which was perfect to sit outside or step outside a bit during the rain. The turn-down service was thoughtful and really made a difference (in most hotels I don't care about that).

The breakfast was excellent and features some of the typical dishes of Northern Thailand. There was also plenty of fruit and a range of western options. I also had dinner using the room service, and the food was probably the best that I had during my stay in Chiang Mai. I also had a non-alcoholic cocktail in the beautiful library of this hotel that was very good.

The location is near the big markets towards the east of the Center, where most of the bigger hotels are. The staff was very friendly, gave very useful advice and the service was completely reliable.

The only criticism I have is when you book a room through the website, it's not actually a final booking. The hotel staff will double check availability first and only then confirm the booking. For people who book in the last minute that may be a problem. In my case, however, the reservation was confirmed within 2-3 hours.

I recommend this hotel to couples or families that look for a hotel with a special atmosphere in a smaller hotel.

Room Tip: If you require a quiet room, say so when making the reservation.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank anglosuisse
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Serene, secluded, and intimate.
My wife and I loved our stay at Ping Nakara. We loved our room as well as the overall decor in the hotel. Every section of this hotel is picture worthy.

The hotel is minutes from the Night Market. Do beware of stray dogs at night though. They're harmless but don't take chances with them.

We wouldn't want to stay in any other hotel if we come back to Chiang Mai again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We enjoyed our peaceful, relaxing stay for 2 nights. It is a beautiful, elegant and charming property complete with staff that were very polite and helpful. Everything in the centre of Chiang Mai was a tuk tuk ride away but it was far enough from the centre to enjoy the peace and quiet.
The thai food we had was good, there was a good choice for breakfast from the usual 'continental' offerings to the a la carte cooked options including waffles, French toast and Asian soups and noodles.
Excellent massages in the spa left me in a daze for a good while afterwards.
Only one problem which was a little bit of maintenance work done on the next room to us in the afternoon which didn't stop until 6pm - I guess there is no convenient time for a hotel to do this though.
All in all a very relaxing and delightful stay. Thank you Ping Nakara!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
ChairatPingNakara, Owner at Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for a most gracious review of our hotel. We truly appreciate all your comments. We are also glad that you brought up the subject of noise in the hotel as this was a recurring topic on several occasions. It must be said that Chiang Mai streets are a bit noisy during rush hours, and our hotel has been working hard to reduce ambient road noise. We have a project to replace all room doors with a specially constructed single door rather than the two doors as we have now. The door we made has two panels of solid teak with a layer of hi-tech sound absorbent material between. The door is fitted closely to the door jamb (the construction you heard) and additional rubber surrounds the door when it is closed. Tests we have conducted show a significant reduction in outside noise coming in the room. We believe this will greatly add to our guests’ nighttime comfort.
Kind regards,