“One of the best hotels I know in the world”

Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 381 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Germany
“One of the best hotels I know in the world”
Reviewed 9 March 2010

- cosiness
- food & drinks
- wellness
- location
Me and my accompanying wife and her friend will definitively come back.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jydee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Carlisle
Reviewed 1 March 2010

We were given a wonderfully warm welcome on our arrival.
Our room was very elegantly furnished and decorated. The location is quiet and peaceful.
The spa is the best we have ever experienced, The atmosphere was tranquil and restful.
I will certainly return on my next visit to Thailand.
Excellent value for money.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Xuios
Sydney
Reviewed 16 February 2010

Dear travellers,

Ping Nakara is a beautiful boutique spa resort that creates a completely sofisticated ambiance.

I was upgraded to the jacuzzi king size room. I completely enjoyed the experience and indulged in the following whilst enjoying my 5 day stay. Swimming, spa and beauty treatments, food, food, food!

Very close to most main attractions. everything in walking distance.

Workers in Ping Nakara are very courteousy and pleasant at all times.....I have found the whole of Thailand to be in this manner.

As it is a new resort not many people such as myself that actually stayed and enjoyed the day and night experiences here. Most only here to sleep and leave.

I would have to say that if you are a sole traveller like myself, Ping Nakara is definately a place to enjoy with a significant other.......or their are plenty of DVD options...hahaha

Enjoy!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank deliriouslyhappy
Bangkok
Reviewed 4 February 2010

Was in Chiang Mai with 5 other girls on a short vacation… From Bangkok, we headed north with no greater ambition than to find a lovely place to stay and to enjoy lovely meals. Ping Naraka fulfilled both. First impression – Thai period drama – white, elegant building that walked us back 100 years or so. The high-ceiling lobby, the cozy library, the real wooden floor, and the perforated designs (I think they called it ginger bread?) were truly elite. The girls and I practically imagined ourselves to be ladies in the colonial period and took pictures at almost every spot in the hotel (day time and night time). We had 3 lovely rooms, each named after Thai floras which matched perfectly well with the wall paintings inside the rooms. My room was classically styled yet very cozy…my favorite parts of the room were the balcony and the bed…the bed was the most comfortable… I had a very very nice sleep that I didn’t want to leave my hotel room in the morning. We could order pillows to match our preference…I found this service really great. The outdoor pool looked stunning at night oversight from the room’s balcony. The hotel was quiet and gave a sense of privacy. After all, there’re only 19 rooms. ..felt lucky that we found out about this wonderful new hotel faster than the crowd. As for the food, we had a chance to try the food at the hotel and were impressed by Ping Nakara’s signature dish – Kao Soi—a local noodle delicacy. Our desert was the awesome mango and sticky rice. Definitely try both! After a heavy dinner, a walk to the night bazaar, which was only 5-1o minutes away, was a good light exercise – just as we needed.

We also noticed a lovely Ayurvedic Spa…some kind of Indian science for holistic well-being. The items on the menu were various and unique. ..didn’t have a chance to try but would definitely come back next time.

The building was nice, the room was nice, the food was great…but the highlight of our stay would have to be the service. People were very helpful here. Staffs were eager to show us around, telling us stories about the hotel, giving us directions and suggestions. They said Chiang Mai people are the nicest…I have to agree with this one. They were polite yet very relaxed and friendly. The staffs made the experience felt like a weekend trip to a generous friend’s vacation house.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jump_Pim
Bangkok
Reviewed 30 January 2010

We went to Changmai for the New Year Festival. Our original plan is to visit Pai city at Mae Hongsorn Province and on the way we got a chance to stay 1 night in downtown Changmai. Our executive recommended us to stay in Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa. It was such a beautiful place and once we walk in the hotel, the atmosphere is outstanding. The building looks more amazing compare to the photos that was shown in the www of the hotel. We can say that it was such a great recommendation for our honeymoon and once the staff knew that we are honeymooners, they put us in a Grand De Luxe room with Jacuzzi. Everything in the room was absolutely beautiful especially the flower paintings on the wall (which they mentioned that it is hand-painted and each rooms are different). The colonial style furniture is very nice and looks expensive as they were made from solid teak wood. We felt as though we were back to the good old day and did “return to elegance” as to their slogan.

We give five star in service. All hotel staff are very friendly and very helpful. Thanks to Ping Nakara for giving us a precious memories for our honeymoon. I strongly recommend for anyone to try this hotel.

Thanks

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ploy_nitchapat
Portland OR
Reviewed 22 January 2010

We are so happy to stumble upon this hotel. We were staying in another hotel and walked passed Hotel Nakara and couldn't pass it up. We wealked in and the first thing I noticed is how amazing the staff is (Because we are still here I'm not saying was. I'm just excited to share this with others.) Helpful, Polite, and Professional.

The hotel has been open about 2 months and is quite boutique a awesome.
It was designed to match the world of a teak owners home 100 years ago. Except has awesome modern amenities The pool and balconies are amazing. Everything is trendy white and teak and perfect. Close to town also.

They had a wine party last night and invited us down. The food was spectacular and the people were great. They also gave us a tour of the spa which will be perfect for my wife and I. We are on our Honeymoon.

We are staying here for a few nights and then down to Phuket. We don't have a hotel is Phuket so they are going to give us a few recommendations. Top service here.

All I can say is book this hotel. Once people find out about it I think it will be near impossible to book.

Cheers!!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JasonMendell
Albenga, Italy
Reviewed 19 December 2009

We've been staying 2 nights at Ping Nakara. Even if the hotel opened only 15 days earlier the service was very good and attentive, we were surrounded from a very helpful staff which made our stay memorable.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple