“We had a wonderful relaxing stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Siripanna Villa Resort & Spa

Siripanna Villa Resort & Spa
Ranked #33 of 374 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Melbourne, Australia
“We had a wonderful relaxing stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed 7 nights at Siripanna and did not want to leave. The staff were all very helpful and friendly.

Our room was a standard room called a Deluxe Lanna it was very big, clean, with a large bath and separate shower, sitting area and balcony. This is the bottom of the range room but was such good value I really don't think you need to upgrade. The lobby and surrounds are decorated in Thai Lanna style, some have said it is too dark I found it stunningly beautiful and authentic. We visited the spa for prices and it was also stunning, we did not have any as the prices were to high, as is the case in most resorts, but I am sure would have been first class. The restaurant area was also beautiful with an open area and air conditioned section, this is where we had the breakfast buffet which was outstanding. I really liked that you could have a pot of tea or espresso with your breakfast there was enough choices for everyone. We also had a buffet dinner which they serve on a Friday and a Saturday night this was excellent value at approx 600 Baht = $ 20 AUD the food and desserts were of a very standard.

The resort is a bit out of town but they provide a free shuttle to the main town which is only 15 minutes away.To get back you only need to pay 80 - 100 Baht and tuk tuks are easily found on any street. I became sick during our stay and I was given a bunch of flowers and a get well card, really nice gesture my husband also received a birthday cake on his birthday.

We had an issue with the air-conditioner in our room which was noisy it was looked at but was still noisy. We only told the staff on our second last night and they did offer us another room, which we declined, we both sleep with earplugs so it was manageable. But for light sleepers it could be a problem. Also need to mention that the pool lounges need replacing as some are quite worn. We did see some work being done on the deck area around the pool so am sure it is on the list, by the way the pool is stunning it is designed as a moat around a large decking with tress and plants surrounding it, just lovely.

To finish I would say this hotel is great value and I would not hesitate staying here again. The cleanliness and the fantastic staff and beautiful surrounds made our holiday so relaxing and we look forward to returning one day.

Room Tip: Rooms on the left side of the resort are close to a school so would request the right side.
3 Thank ratbagx3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Ostend
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

The rooms are very spacious and offer all comfort you need. The hotel provides a free shuttle service to several places in town and free activities such as; Fruit carving, napkin folding etc... The hotel staff is really friendly and helpful, there is not one request to difficult for them. Every lunch time you can eat a whole buffet for only 189 THB.
The hotel is simply fantastic!
The spa offers you free massage at lunch time, just ti know how it feels. The gold scrub and lotion is really a must have!

Room Tip: On the second an third floor the rooms are brighter.
6 Thank appeltje
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed for 6 nights at the Siripanna and found all the staff extremely helpful especially the concierge team who found nothing too much trouble advising us on the best trips to take without being pushy. A nice simple touch was when we got back from the market with red roses (60 for £1.50 bargain!) and mangos, they arranged the flowers in the room and produced a wonderful smoothie with the fruit. All the staff spoke excellent English and took time to teach us hello and thank you without ever moaning about how long it took us so long to master or terrible pronunciation of two words!

The room was large but lacked natural light as the window is set back under the balcony and the bamboo tall, air conditioning which is essential was a little noisy, but the room was cleaned well and had a huge comfortable bed.

When the manager heard we were taking the train to Bangkok he gave us sandwiches for the journey and free transport to the station. During the stay we often took the hotel shuttle into town only ten minutes away. We ae now in the Hansar in Koh Samui and miss the friendly personalised care we received, so thank you to all of the team. If we have one suggestion it would be a little card in the room with simple Thai Phraises and the english translation, we got this in the hotel in Bangkok and found it helped.

Wonderful memories of a very relaxing stay. Mr Adrian and Mrs Penny

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Adrian F
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast and restaurant food was excellent, fantastic breakfast each day with heaps of variety and even better casual meals at very reasonable prices (180 baht for buffet lunch = $6). The food here is superb. The grounds are landscaped beautifully and the pool area is fantastic, especially with an around the pool happy hour cocktails at 2 for 1 (= $3 each) It was only a short Tuk Tuk ride into the town centre costing on average 100 baht. But hotel provided one way free Tuk Tuk in the evening to the night market and We enjoyed stay at Siripanna very much it was very quiet and relaxing - would recommend this hotel.

6 Thank Samm R
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

The Siripanna is the perfect place to stay while visiting Chiang Mai, it is simply superb with lots of warmth and character. We have just spent 5 nights at the resort and found that the surrounds balanced our adventure filled holiday to perfection. The staff are very friendly and accomodating and it is hard not to give in to the relaxed way of Thai life once you are there. We especially enjoyed the 'Happy' two hours each afternoon by the beautiful pool between 4 and 6 at which time 2 for 1 drinks are on offer including their extensive range of delicious cocktails, and some very appetising bar snacks as well. An oasis very close to the centre of Chiang Mai.... only a 5 - 10 minute Tuk-Tuk ride away. Or why not do as we did and hire a scooter from the Tour business right accross the road from the entrance to the hotel (Gems Excursion Adviser) and explore the breathaking contryside and bustling city yourseslf. Highly recommended :o))
Jo Brown and Paul Wren ---- Perth, Australia

8 Thank JoBrown672
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

hotel locate in a small village,actually 10 minutes from airport
8 minutes by tuk tuk to down town with baht 60-80, hotel provide free shuttle to night market and downtown but with limited time schedule and seat
all staffs are very friendly and helpful
breakfast was very good
room is clean and big
swimming pool is ok but just open until 7 a bit too short
I will recommend to stay in this hotel as price not high and service is excellent

Room Tip: 2nd to 3 rd floor is better with more view and privacy
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank monicala
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

I went to the Siripanna from 4 nights at the Chedi. I had paid for 3 nights at the S. I left after one night and forfeited two nights paid in advance. I went back to the Chedi.

The service Is good at Siripanna but the hotel itself is second-rate, I regret to say. The location is dreadful. You need transport to go to a 711.

The manager offered to improve my room at S, but I politely declined. She was interested to hear my critique. But I had fallen in love with the Chedi and a substitute would not do.

Big rooms with gigantic beds at the Siripanna, but it is a noisy place with no soundproofing between rooms. I needed ear plugs in to sleep. Breakfast was very poor. They play loud music at breakfast and who wants that? The room balcony was bare and the pool dull, although there are great gardens. The room fridge was not cold. Saving on electricity, I guess. So if you like your beer warmish, you may be right at home.

Siripanna gave me a nice free ride back to the Chedi, where I was given a marvellous 4th floor room with a gorgeous view of the river and pool. I had returned to heaven and knew my decision was the right one. Ms Reena (not sure of spelling) welcomed me back and I breathed a great sigh of relief.

That night I sat on my balcony, looked out and listened to the evening rain and smiled and smiled.

The only problem with the Chedi is that it is so delightful, you just don't want to go out to see anything in Chiang Mai. I didn't mind. I was spoilt rotten at the Chedi. And I had come to Thailand to relax, not sight see.

Not sure why the reviews are so good for Siripanna. The design is nice and more old Thai than the Chedi but it just is not a good place to stay unless you want somewhere cheapish and are not looking for a beautiful experience that relaxes you.

Also, another recommendation. If you like French food, do not miss Le Coq Dor. I went twice. Chedi staff recommended it. The restaurant will pick you up for free in a beautiful classic English Limousine and return you. The food was superb. Prices very modest for what you get. Way cheaper than Sydney, where I come from. And way better food. The grilled foie gras and chocolate souffle melted in my mouth. Heavenly.

They don't call it the land of smiles for nothing.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo