“Best hotel of our Thailand holiday”

Siripanna Villa Resort & Spa
Ranked #31 of 383 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Scotland
“Best hotel of our Thailand holiday”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We arrived at Siripanna after over 24 hours travelling to such a lovely welcome that we forgot straight away how tired we were....

The room was lovely, very spacious with a nice bathroom and a very comfy bed. (and the fixture list for the European championships, with dedicated TV channel was also pointed out!!).

Loved the layout of the resort. The pool was fantastic - the "moat" design meant that you could easily swim circuits and get some exercise.

We ate in the resturant once and the food was delicious. There was a good choice for breakfast and the cocktails at the bar were lovely.

Although the hotel is not walking distance to the old town, this was in no way a problem - the hotel schedules regular courtesy tuk-tuk to the market during the day, or night bazaar/weekend walking street in the evenings. A tuk tuk back from town was no more than 100 baht, and just added to the experience for us.

As many other reviews have stated, the real difference for this hotel was the level of service provided by the staff. Their english was superb, and the we felt that they genuinely cared. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Special mention to Mr Aof - he was just fantastic (and I see his photo is on a previous review - I hope the management team realise that they have someone special in this young man.

Thanks to all at Siripanna for making our Chiang Mai stay so fabulous - I can't understand why it is not number on on TA.

3 Thank AileenLScotland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My girlfriend and I have stayed in a lot of wonderful resorts, but Siripanna had the most helpful and cheerful staff of all of them. The entire resort looked beautiful, the rooms were huge, the bed had great linens, and the atmosphere was incredibly relaxing. The real difference, however, was how good the conceirge and front desk were about booking outside activities and arranging taxis. Unlike other resorts where they push you into packages which give them comission (and you feel nickle and dimed), the staff at Siripanna were just honest and trustworthy.The resort just had great juju.

5 Thank Edward Z
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I was a little worry when I did the booking. Usually I prefer to stay in city area, but for this holiday, the intent was to really rest and relax, so I chose something different....away from city.

But the moment upon arrival, I knew I did the right choice!

Hotel staff : really wonderful, friendly and can speak English well.

Room : very spacious. We get the connecting rooms, so my family can cozy up in 1 room during the day and then go into separate rooms for their sleep, without having to step out at all.

Hotel's compound : lots of green. Has its own paddy field and many fruit trees. Unfortunately not the right season, so can only see bunches of small longans on the tree and young wheat plant only.

Swimming pool : well designed though not big. Like the shower area near the pool - surrounded by greens shrubs while the water splashed down like mini-waterfall. No time to try the spa service.

Food : Cheap and delicious. Breakfast selection are simple and nice. Buffet lunch is really cheap at THB189, less than S$10. For dinner, the selections on menu is good, but we requested for dishes not on the standard menu. We had chicken, fish and Tom Yam cooked in the northern Thai style. Very delicious and less than THB1200 - it will cost at least twice as much in any Thai restaurant in Singapore.

Proximity to place of interest : not too far. Just 40min ride to the famous temple on the mountain top, and 40min to the hill tribes village. Along the way, there are many place of interest - Elephant ride, Tiger Kingdom, Zoo, Safari, Aquarium etc.

Overall : An excellent place for rest & relax.
The only problem we faced was the mosquitoes, so always have your insect repellent with you.

Room Tip: Ask for room not facing the residential areas if you do not want to be awaken by dogs barking :)
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Stella G
North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My wife and I spent three nights here on our honeymoon, and were very pleased with our experience. The room and the resort as a whole were very beautiful, our bathroom was spacious and luxurious, and the breakfast buffet was delicious.

While there, I contracted a fever and the staff drove me to a nearby private hospital, and for the rest of the day they continued to inquire as to my well-being and offered me tea and water to help my recovery.

We had a flight later in the afternoon, and the staff allowed us a late checkout and also held onto our bags while we laid out at the pool in the afternoon for a few hours before our flight.

The staff spoke great English as well and I can't emphasize enough how polite and accommodating they were. Wonderful experience, all in all.

3 Thank Brett J
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We loved the hotel. We thought the price was very reasonable for the excellent service. The grounds are beautiful and set like a jungle. The whole property smells great and has a nice resort feel. They have a unique pool, nice spa, good free breakfast, and nice restaurant. The staff are all unbelievably friendly and helpful. It was some of the best service I have ever had. We originally were scheduled to stay 3 nights and after a bad experience at an elephant camp we came back to Siripanna for a 4th night. The staff extended our original discounted rate that we booked online and quickly checked us back in forth another night. We were able to easily use the shuttles or Tuk Tuk to get where we needed. The only cons were somewhat thin walls on the rooms, but it was no problem for us. We would definately recommend and stay again.

3 Thank wildlifetravel
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed 7 nights at Siripanna and did not want to leave. The staff were all very helpful and friendly.

Our room was a standard room called a Deluxe Lanna it was very big, clean, with a large bath and separate shower, sitting area and balcony. This is the bottom of the range room but was such good value I really don't think you need to upgrade. The lobby and surrounds are decorated in Thai Lanna style, some have said it is too dark I found it stunningly beautiful and authentic. We visited the spa for prices and it was also stunning, we did not have any as the prices were to high, as is the case in most resorts, but I am sure would have been first class. The restaurant area was also beautiful with an open area and air conditioned section, this is where we had the breakfast buffet which was outstanding. I really liked that you could have a pot of tea or espresso with your breakfast there was enough choices for everyone. We also had a buffet dinner which they serve on a Friday and a Saturday night this was excellent value at approx 600 Baht = $ 20 AUD the food and desserts were of a very standard.

The resort is a bit out of town but they provide a free shuttle to the main town which is only 15 minutes away.To get back you only need to pay 80 - 100 Baht and tuk tuks are easily found on any street. I became sick during our stay and I was given a bunch of flowers and a get well card, really nice gesture my husband also received a birthday cake on his birthday.

We had an issue with the air-conditioner in our room which was noisy it was looked at but was still noisy. We only told the staff on our second last night and they did offer us another room, which we declined, we both sleep with earplugs so it was manageable. But for light sleepers it could be a problem. Also need to mention that the pool lounges need replacing as some are quite worn. We did see some work being done on the deck area around the pool so am sure it is on the list, by the way the pool is stunning it is designed as a moat around a large decking with tress and plants surrounding it, just lovely.

To finish I would say this hotel is great value and I would not hesitate staying here again. The cleanliness and the fantastic staff and beautiful surrounds made our holiday so relaxing and we look forward to returning one day.

Room Tip: Rooms on the left side of the resort are close to a school so would request the right side.
3 Thank ratbagx3
Ostend
Reviewed 16 June 2012

The rooms are very spacious and offer all comfort you need. The hotel provides a free shuttle service to several places in town and free activities such as; Fruit carving, napkin folding etc... The hotel staff is really friendly and helpful, there is not one request to difficult for them. Every lunch time you can eat a whole buffet for only 189 THB.
The hotel is simply fantastic!
The spa offers you free massage at lunch time, just ti know how it feels. The gold scrub and lotion is really a must have!

Room Tip: On the second an third floor the rooms are brighter.
6 Thank appeltje