“The boutique luxury resort in the center of Lanna Kingdom”

Siripanna Villa Resort & Spa
Ranked #34 of 380 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Ko Samui, Thailand
“The boutique luxury resort in the center of Lanna Kingdom”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

It was my last night (3rd night) in Chiang Mai and I do feel like staying at the boutique resort - but offering luxury service blended with the concept of Lanna culture - and of course located in the city area. Even though there are some resorts in downtown of Chiang Mai that offer touches of Lanna experience, I have to say that Siripanna resort popped up in mind, on the top of my wish list, because of its locations, reputation and great reviews from travelers here.

Limousine service: I booked a roundtrip limousine, to pick me up from Yesterday hotel on Nimman road and to take me to the airport on the next day, the driver arrived and picked me up very on time, this is excellent. The driver has good knowledge of the resort, with polite manner.

Resort location: It took a little bit longer on the ride than I expected because of the traffic; however, it took about half an hour to get there. Siripanna is "The Resort in the City" as you will never thought that you are living only 5 minutes away from the night market - quiet and calm atmosphere with lush garden and rice paddy field.

Accommodation: My room (#3305) is spacious and well decorated. It is HUGE for a solo traveler like me – it will definitely be perfect for couple and honeymooner. I love the bathroom, with shower and Jacuzzi. The bed, duvet and pillows are very comfortable. There is a sofa corner next to the window to enjoy the view of the resort.

Restaurant: The buffet breakfast is good with variety of hot and cold dishes. Fruit juice is fresh and there are many choices to choose from. For hot live-cooking station, my favorite is the freshly made waffle with honey.

Resort facilities: There are all facilities that 5 star resorts should have: fitness center, swimming pool, gift shop, gallery, meeting room, and spa.

Service: Reception staffs are all friendly and helpful. F&B staff at the breakfast gave more attention to guests speaking English - I have been ignored to service at the beginning.

In over all, it was a lovely stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family who wish to visit Chiang Mai in the near future.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank AorPhatthawut

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We joined the Honeymoon package in December for our honeymoon in Chiang Mai. The service here is really good. They will treat you like a VIP because they care so much about their service. The location is a bit far from the city but you can always catch a tuk tuk back.

I find the breakfast quite good though it doesn't have a lot of thai food for breakfast. The waffle is excellent.

We joined the rice farming activity which was quite fun. We met Aof who introduced the paddy farm and Ard who took some really professional photos for us. It was the highlight of the day.

Not sure if I will be going back to this resort but definitely a resort I would recommend to others

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 31 December 2012

This hotel is only 15 minutes away from the airport. It gives u a relaxing resort feel with its cosy rooms n lush greenery.The service is also superb with free shuttle transport to The walking street,night bazaar and Waroroj market. The staff truly attend to your every need,right down to cutting up our market bought fruits n serving it to us in our rooms.Theres an absolutely amazing Thai food restaurant called antique cafe just minutes away and the hotel shuttles u there for free. There's even a 4-6pm happy hour with 1-1 drinks n free tea time snacks by the pool. Overll,we had the most pleasant stay there and I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting ChiangMai .

• Stayed December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 December 2012

My husband and I stayed 5 nights over Loy Krathong in November of 2012 at the Siripanna Villa Resort. One of the main reasons I chose Siripanna was to have a private villa just 5 minutes from town (where as the four seasons is a good 25-30 minutes outside of town). In truth, the Villa's are actually duplex's with a shared wall and private entry, not that this was a total bummer, I just feel like it should be pointed out these are not stand alone structures as the term "villa" might suggest.

Our villa was quite lovely, large room, closet, huge bathroom (although there is a step down from the bedroom to the bathroom, bit of a tripping hazard at night IMO) and lovely covered sitting area in front of your "villa". While we loved our villa, I was surprised that some things that were provided at our two previous hotels were not provided at Siripanna, like a ironing board and iron, a complimentary converter, a welcome jasmine bracelet, etc.

The resort itself is quite new and beautiful and surrounds a lovely peaceful swimming pool that wraps around a sunken courtyard where afternoon nibbles and drinks are served.

The staff were overall excellent, very good English, very nice, very accommodating.

The breakfast at Siripanna was quite good, maybe not as varied and good as we experienced at Rayavadee in Krabi or the Shangri-la in Bangkok, but still very good. The real surprise was lunch and dinner, we felt lunch was a very good deal, and very good food. It was nice to see that many thai locals dine for lunch at the Siripanna.

Yes, the Siripanna is a 5 minute 200 baht tuk tuk ride away from Chiang Mai, we did not find this to be a problem. The hotel provides transportation into town 5-6 times a day and you can sign up for these transports, and then find your way back. It was very easy, and I felt staying just slightly out of town provided a bit more peaceful environment. Even on the night of Loy Krathong when we couldn't find a tuk tuk driver, we just walked the 20 minutes back to the hotel from the river, and it wasn't bad.

On our last day we had 90 minute massages in the spa, and they were wonderful! Yes, the spa is more expensive than the shady places you can walk into in town, but this was a full on luxury hotel spa, completely different and worth it IMO.

Overall I think the Siripanna is a very good hotel, and offers very good value for your money. I would hesitate to recommend it or stay there again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the villa, but I'm not sure it's worth the upcharge.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ATLWanderLust
Singapore
Reviewed 28 December 2012

My family was at the resort from 9 to 13 December 2012. Our stay was mostly pleasant. Some members of the service staff at the lobby were very good. They were helpful and go out of their way to look out for us, greeting us and asking about the tours that we had booked through them. Perhaps the other staff members who came across as being unhelpful were not so conversant in English. The members of staff at the spa were very good. The rooms were spacious and the beds were firm and gave a good night's rest. The breakfast spread was good but something ought to be done about the tiny insects that fly about the fruit and cheese platters. One area of concern was the inadequate lighting at night around the areas where there are steps and staircases. It is rather dangerous especially for the elderly and those whose eyesight may not be so good. One in our group took a tumble because of a missed step. The mosquitoes were not a problem when we were at the resort. Its location is good being away from the city center where the night markets are and yet close enough and accessible, only a short ride away. Overall, it was a good stay.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the ground floor if steps and stairs are your concern. There are no lifts.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LeeSingaporeJT
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I was impressed by our stay at Siripanna and there are several things I would like to mention: (1) the hotel is a beautiful tranquil place situated in the heart of Chiang Mai but away from the noise and crowds of the downtown. We were in the downtown every night and it was nice to get back and enjoy its quiet atmosphere. Moreover, hotel provides a complementary shuttle to/from the downtown/night market area all day long. It is a quick 3-5 min ride. (2) the restaurant is great, breakfast provides a variety of everything and great coffee - each cup made individually for you, the coffee lovers will appreciate that. (3) now, the service is truly amazing. Chiang Mai is a place of many exciting activities, e.g. elephant sanctuary, zip lining, temples, restaurants, shops, etc. and a very skillful, competent and super kind staff will help you plan virtually anything in a minute giving you great advice on the best place to go. I would very much like to thank Paew, Ying and Aof (front desk/concierge) for their kind help! These guys are the jewel of the resort. They know the history and each place from their personal experiences, are great help and simply wonderful people who make your day. Highly recommend Siripanna and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The entire place is quiet. Any room location would be great.
1 Thank RO12-21-12
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I lived in Thailand for 5 years and have travelled there for 10 years - this place is the best service of any hotel in Asia. Outstanding and professional staff. A very nice location - highly recommend.
The shuttle tuk-tuk and/or SUV to night market make this the best choice in Chiang Mai, far nicer than the hotels near the night-market. You will not be disappointed.

Also, while in Chiang Mai visit the Elephant Nature Park, run by Khun Lek, she is doing God's work there, caring for injured and abandoned elephants - it is a life changer....don't go to the "elephant ride" parks - see this amazing animals in their natural habitat, free and happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on bottom floor near pool.