Siripanna Villa Resort and Spa Chiang Mai
De Naga Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$119
US$99
Agoda.com
Yaang Come Village(Chiang Mai)
US$149
US$89
Bodhi Serene Hotel(Chiang Mai)
US$152
US$87
US$159
US$66
1,285 results
All reviewsdeluxe lanna roomtuk tukrice plantingroyal lannalovely resortour honeymoonfree shuttle serviceswimming poolbreakfast buffetlanna stylehotel groundsnight marketthe hotel offerslarge bathroomold citylovely poolan oasis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2010

There are hotels where I've stayed that are so wonderful that I want to keep them a secret for myself. Siripanna is such a hotel.

Siripanna is beautiful, from the pool that winds throughout the property like a river and the spotless, teakwood floors to the art work on the walls and mosaic on the floor of the lobby. In addition to the spacious room, I appreciated the pristine, luxurious bathroom with rain shower.

The staff treated us as if we were the only guests staying at the property, showering us with attention and service even for the smallest requests. Our waiter everyday at breakfast, Thongchai, seemed genuinely interested in how our vacation was going and that all of our needs were being met. I wish I had the names of everyone who took special care in serving us; there were many.

A driver from the hotel greeted us at the train station to transport us to the hotel. This was provided at no charge and was completely unexpected. I didn't even realize they knew our arrival time. The hotel is located right outside of the town but is surrounded by a suburban area with local shops and tiny neighborhood restaurants. So, it feels more peaceful than being in the center of town while still retaining some activity.

For me, when traveling, my hotel is as important as my sightseeing activities for determining the overall quality of my trip. A hotel is my home after all, if for only a short time. Siripanna is probably the best hotel in which I have ever stayed. I recommend it to anyone seeking a beautiful experience in Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank moakb2
Reviewed 2 March 2010

I stayed here with my girlfriend last weekend and we had a great time at Siripanna...The hotel just (re-)opened in november. I booked it because it is part of the Centara group and I have always had positive experiences in their properties (Red Sky restaurant in the Centara Grand in Bangkok is amazing!). We arrived at a beautiful and well kept resort style hotel just slightly outside the downtown area (all major inner city attractions can be reached within 10 minutes with a taxi or tuk tuk) and were greated with ready smiles and a professional and welcoming attitude. In short, this remained the entire weekend with staff being there when you needed them but equally invisible in between (this in my opinion is great service!). The rooms were very spacious and well appointed and the bed was huge and very comfortable. We had a Deluxe room with a private patio outside with a comfortable couch to relax on. Breakfast was great as was the enormous and luxurious pool that surrounds the sun deck area (which is kind of an island surrounded by the pool). There are rice fields behind the hotel and there seemed to be some expansion going on on the grounds behind the current hotel (although I never heard anything even though I was in the same corner of the facility...so shouldn't be a reason not to come here). This is an expansion of the spa facilities I was told by the hotel staff.
Breakfast was great and everything was made on order (that's the beauty of a relatively small boutique hotel, it is too small to pre-cook everything in large quantities). The juices were fresh, the american and continental breakfast items were great and there was plenty of fresh fruit around ! Bread and marmelades etc were of excellent quality.
The only downside is that the glass partition in the shower (bathroom also included a bathtub) was not properly constructed so the bathroom tended to flood slightly after a shower. Furthermore, the hotel could have been a bit more forthcoming in the supply of towels (only two large and two small towels per room), but they brought more swiftly after one phone call. There were also a lot of mosquitos around, this is however the burden of staying in Asia. Perhaps though, the hotel could do more to reduce the population.
All in all a great hotel perfect for quiet relaxed holidays for couples or honeymooners and nearby town with a resort atmosphere! Great and friendly staff and state of the art rooms and great gym and pool !

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2010

We booked this hotel only for 1 night & in the last minute.

The resort is not very big but amazing. Staff are nice & friendly.
decoration is perfect ( Modern Thai style ) & it attracts you the moment you step inside the reception Lobby.
It is exactly same as what you see in the images of hotel website .
Outdoor Pool is great with very cool design & nice green surrounding.
Room & bathroom are clean & well maintained.

What we didn’t like during our short stay :

The hotel was not full & you could find maximum 10 -12 individuals or even less in the hotel & when we made our reservation by phone we asked about view of our room & we were assured that all rooms are pool viewing. But we don’t know what we were given the remotest available room that you could imagine, looking into street which construction was going on. But it could be good marketing for a newly opened resort to give the best of availability to the guests if possible, as we have seen the policy of free upgrade in some other hotels when room is available.

In spit of your expectation from a 5 star hotel we didn’t find essential toiletries in bathroom and we had to ask for it.

Breakfast is very limited & you have to order every single part of your breakfast. Only bread & confectionary & milk are available as self service.

But as conclusion I could say that this resort is very nice & with more attention to details , has the potential to be the one of the top resorts in chiang mai city .

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2010

Thanks to a Trip Advisor review a month ago, about the Siripanna Villa Resort, me and my spouse made a decision and chose this new Villa Resort from several other hotels. We made a GREAT decision. We stayed for three nights and booked through their online booking system. We got a free airport transfer with that...no free breakfast though. The place is new and construction is still ongoing. However, since most of the day, my husband and I are out checking the beautiful tourist attractions in Chiang Mai, we were not bothered at all by the construction. The POOL is so very cool, and nicely designed, they have a cute and warm jacuzzi outside. The Deluxe Room where we stayed has a king size comfortable bed, BEDSHEETS nice smelling, new and spotlessly white. The whole room is superbly designed - LANNA style. The bathroom is fully equipped with hot and cold shower, the bathtub is so relaxing and had a warm tub bath daily. The toiletries nice smelling, soothing Thai products and towels new and clean. The FOOD is superb...you see that the KITCHEN staff took much time in preparing the food, very tasty and the presentation is very artistic. The SLEE BANYAN restaurant is so COOL and ROMANTIC.....we had a wonderful Valentine's Dinner (although a bit expensiv e) there ....the whole experience I will never forget. I would like to suggest that the STAFF at Siripanna learn the ENGLISH language in order for them to communicate better. I think they are trying to target the high-end market, therefore communication is a priority. The service at the resort is SUPERB....including the public relations that their G.M. extended to us....giving us a free ride to the CITY for a late night drink....The Siripanna is out of the way from the noise of the markets in the Old City....that's why we chose it. It is very accessible though by Tuk-tuk....the new experience of riding a tuk-tuk is a memorable one as well. The romance and relaxation that I had that wonderful Valentines day weekend was memorable and unforgettable. I just wish, the hotel could have given some freebies to their guests....if they honestly asked for it ....(like the cute pair of slippers that I asked from the Hotel Staff...as a souvenir), instead they wanted to charge me B 150 for that(:(:(:(:.....

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple