“Brought me back 700$ cash I forgot in the room !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Britannia

The Britannia
Ranked #16 of 718 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
“Brought me back 700$ cash I forgot in the room !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Me and my girlfriend(26 & 29 yrs old) stayed there on Sept. 2013 was a great, comfortable, clean, polite, helpful, good location hostel. Not right in the night market WHICH IS A GOOD THING - maybe a 20 min walk or a 40 bhat tuktuk away. But there are plenty of things to do around at night time anyway. located at the north east corner of the old town in a central but quiet location. taxi to airport- 150 bhat.
THE MOST AMAZING THING- RELIABLE STAFF!!!- I forgot a wallet with 700$ when we left. I called later on after 2 days and the british owner told me that the cleaninig lady had found it and that they were waiting for me to call- I was so relieved and I thanked the lady with a tip. Such nice and reliable people in addition to a cheap hostel which feels alot better then cheap! stay there!!
p.s.- I'm not writing the good things about the hostel because they gave me my money back - I would have wrote everything the same anyway.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Yokohama, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

On a friend's recommendation I stayed at The Britannia for my first week in Chiang Mai. The facility was nice, very clean, and comfortable, but lacking in some amenities.
Strong points: Price, cleanliness, courtesy and friendliness, shower, balcony, housekeeping.
Weak points: My single room had no refrigerator or closet for my clothes. Some house rules seem aimed at younger college-age guests (no guests in room, turn off a/c when leaving the room, etc.). The cable TV had limited channels -- I know more channels are available from Chiang Mai operators. No restaurant -- but restaurants are provided by several nearby guesthouses. Several pubs are located in the immediate area, and pub customers tend to make a lot of noise out in the street late at night -- woke me up on several occasions.
Would I recommend The Britannia to a friend? Yes, but would mention the weak points listed above.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Bushido_Man
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed for one week in The Britannia with my boyfriend and we were very pleased. For very good price we got nice clean room with balcony. There is a good air con and nice bathroom. The room service is every day and its excellent. But the best thing are the owners ! There is an owner from New Zealand and his lovely wife. These people are the most friendly owners we met in Thailand. Everything you want to know they help you with a big smile. We booked elephant trekking thru them with a huge discount! I will recommend this place because it's more than just a gusthouse.

Room Tip: There is a very nice restaurant near by- Yes pub, delicious food:)
534Algy, Manager at The Britannia, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Thank you for your kind review. It was our pleasure and we hope you will return another day.
Legnano, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

We spent 3 nights at Britannia; we've been very happy! Clean room, good service and over all the great kindness and hospitality of the owners! They've been very keen in helping us to organise our trips in Chiang Mai, everything worked perfectly!Thank you

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

534Algy, Manager at The Britannia, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Thank you. Glad you guys enjoyed your stay.
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

When I arrived there was no record of my booking but luckily they still had a room available. Glad I was able to stay as it was good, clean basic accommodation in a central location. Good value and a decent choice if you're in Chiang Mai.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
534Algy, Manager at The Britannia, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Apologies for losing your reservation. Has not happened before and we are still scratching our heads as to why it disappeared without trace. Glad you enjoyed your stay in any case.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

This place is in a great location close to everything.
The rooms are clean and staff fantastic.
They are a very affordable and their is a great cafe called blue diamond just down the road for breakfast lunch etc...all in all you can walk around old town get to any place witn ease. The area is very safe.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

The Coopers (owners) are very friendly and keen to help with tour bookings.

The rooms are large and fitted with great AC.

There are lots of restaurants/ bars nearby.

Very easy to pick up a taxi/ tuk-tuk from outside as there are lots hanging around. The driers don't hassle you either which is refreshing!

Nestled in a quiet backstreet of Chiang Mai- definitely worth trying!

• Stayed August 2013