“Basic Court for budget prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of R.C.N. Court & Inn

R.C.N. Court & Inn
Ranked #263 of 717 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Muelheim an der Ruhr, Germany
“Basic Court for budget prices”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

RCN Court is situated at the end of a smal Soi in the old centre of Chiang Mai. Rooms are situated on two sides. One louder side to the soi and the temple, and another, more quiete, to the back. Rooms are average. A plus is a kitchen on the ground floor, which can be used by every guest, and free water refill. Acces during nighttime only possible with electric door opener in the key. RCN is one last place to stay which offers smoking rooms!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Chris-Jack-Love

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Changchun, China
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I advise all travellers to avoid staying in RCN for a few months for they are building a new house behind RCN and the level of the daily noise is unbearable. You cannot stay inside your room from 9am to 6pam.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank courtage

Travellers are raving about these Chiang Mai hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We had a good time here, the rooms were bright, large, beds were very comfy, the cover was a little too small for a double bed, showere was a little to small for my partner 6ft but bathrooms were clean! it is in a good location only a 5/10 min walk to main streets! Staff were a little hard to communicate with but had free drinking water which was a bonus and had kitchen facilities! Great as we were on a budget and didn't need anything special !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank beckii25
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Booked online before arriving from Bangkok. I wanted something reserved after a long 15 hour train journey so I found this from the lonely planet guide. My first impression was that it could have been cleaner. Big rooms, OK WiFi and air con for 500 baht but not all that when it came to cleanliness. I moved after three nights and found somewhere further down soi 7. Loads of other guest houses around.

Room Tip: Fairly quite area but motorbikes takes this road as a short cut so there is motorbike noise until la...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank R V
Queenstown, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 July 2013

not particularly anything special to write home about. In the north-eastern corner of the old city. The room was old, but clean and in operating order. Good and quiet enough, though I didn't sleep well during my stay (usually I have no trouble, not sure why I didn't sleep well in this place)
Note: for safety they unplug everything (TV, Fridge, bedlight, aircon, fan etc) when rooms are not in use, so don't forget to plug in!
Another poster commented on loo paper... I had a roll when I arrived in room, but this was not replenished during housekeeping a few days later. Not clear whether they supply loo paper or not.

Plenty of other options out there...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank pineapplesensei
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

I've stayed for 2 weeks , location was good just walk to the nightlife , ride tuk tuk 7 minutes to the night bazar , you could use shared kitchen , motorbike park , room have hot water , aircon ,decent size fridge , fast wifi , clothes hunger , friendly staff ,,reason I stayed longer cause I rented a bike for the money I've saved instead paying higher price but there are better hotels around if you after better rooms you only have to pay abit higher price ,

• Stayed June 2013
utrecht
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Much nicer places available for same price. I should look further. Dirty place. My girlfriend is still crumpy. The fridge wasn't working. The sink almost fell of the wall. By the way, the receptionist told us this was the new room..............

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Onno_Tony_Mel
nong8188, Owner at R.C.N. Court & Inn, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
i am very sorry for your disappointment for my property but my staff told me that he took you to see that room before you made dicission you should refuse at that time,anyway you should inform to my staff and we ready to fix all problem all the time but you didn't and you stay just 1 night and informed to us when you check-out ( if you informed but we ingored you should complain!) and after my checking our fridge in that room as very well, i think you didn't get
plug-in so we always unplugged when no guest(its always happened a lot) please give me fairly. anyway sorry next time stay me longer we hope to serve you better.thanks