“Clean and Comftable”
Review of Na Thapae Hotel

Na Thapae Hotel
Ranked #209 of 809 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 August 2011

The room quality is reflected in the price. It's a bit more expensive then many of the other hotels around Chaing Mai but the building including the rooms and bathrooms were brilliant. Very clean all the time, so much so I felt guilt walking to my room with shoes on and often took them off. Breakfast was brilliant. The only fault I have was with the Staff, they seemed to look down on us like we were an inconvience, then when we left they tried to charge us for lots of silly things. They first said we had to pay for 4 towels because they were too mucky to clean, however after I asked to see the towels they quickly took the charge off our bill. Eventually we only had to pay for one hand towel because apparently there was mud on it...but they wouldn't show us this either. I would recommend staying here, just try and stay as clean as the hotel.

Room Tip: They replace the free drinking water so take advantage
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoannaEngland

Reviewed 9 June 2011

I stayed here for two nights at $50 AUS a night. The girls working the hotel were very friendly and couldn't do enough to help out (even dragging my heavy luggage up the stairs). The rooms are very large and comfortable. Breakfast was good and quick. My taxi driver had no problem finding it. They were buidling a house over the road at the time of my vist, so taking a nap in the afternoon proved difficult.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank OzTraveller88
Reviewed 1 March 2011

This hotel is pleasure to stay at. I found the staff very nice. The facilities were good. Any request was met with a happy smile. Good location to everything and only a short walk to the night market. VERY recommend this hotel to all who wants a relaxing staying.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Enrico05
Reviewed 1 February 2011

I have stayed in a lot of hotels arond the world. This small boutique hotel is pleasure to stay at. I found the staff very friendly and helpful. The facilities were first class. Any request was met with a happy smile. Good location to everything and only a short walk to the night market. A good thing is the hotel is in a very quiet street ,so a very restful time can be had by all. I would not hesitate to stay again and also recommend this hotel to friends

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Very beautiful in website but the real is difference., Clean and quietly. Should high light "There is Boutique Hotel" not just only Hotel. Hospitality and helpful receptionist.
You have to pay for room charge on check in date.
1,500 THB is still high for just Boutique Hotel

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2010

Na Thapae was a little hard to find for the tuk-tuk driver who brought us here, but he did make the effort to ask around and kept looking until he found it. It is on Thapae Soi 6, a reasonable way down the soi from the main road, so that's what confused him. If you're heading from Thapae Road, you actually pass the immHotel Thapae on your right and continue down soi 6 for a short while after that.
The hotel itself was very pleasant, although it's a little dearer than some of the budget hotels around Chiang Mai, anyone looking for a bit of "bang for their buck" in the circa-A$40 price range should be happy with this place. The hotel itself seemed pretty new, and the rooms were clean. There was a good choice of Cable TV channels, and although there were no internet teminals, I believe they provide complimentary wireless internet. I had a bit of an emergency and needed to use the internet, in which case they allowed me to use their laptop.
Parking is limited, you can park your scooter here, and perhaps a Honda Jazz/Toyota Yaris, but anything bigger will need to be parked on the street, which is not really a problem because this soi doesn't see a huge amount of traffic.
There is no elevator at this hotel, but this wasn't a problem for me, and the hotel was within walking distance of Moon Muang Road and Thapae Gate. The night market is also walking distance (a little further but still OK), if you continue south down the soi (away from Thapae Road) you can turn left at the end and find your way to Loi Kroh Road, which leads down to the night market area.
Breakfast was good, albeit limited. From memory they had a printed menu with various options for how I'd like my eggs cooked, and the girl attending to the "kitchen" didn't speak English too well. Nevertheless she made me a nice omelette, and was friendly and humble like most of the real, genuinely friendly people in Chiang Mai.
I can't complain about Na Thapae, although personally it is stretching my budget a little, it is great value for money by western standards. If I wanted a dependable, clean, quiet place to stay that was more than just a basic hotel, I'd certainly stay here again. The only downside was that the airconditioning was switched off when I left the room (electricity activated by room key from what I can remember) but when I complained about this (it was the middle of summer!), staff put a spare into the activation slot so that the aircon would stay on for me.
Thanks also to the staff who were accommodating, friendly, and welcoming.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 8 September 2010

A very cozy hotel with friendly staff and good value room...very near to sunday market, just a few minutes walk you can reach to sunday market.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family